Pieces of Me

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
Peg

Pieces of Me

Post by Peg »

I was just thinking about how yesterday was 26 years since my divorce from my first husband. When we were officially divorced, I asked the judge if it was an April Fools' joke. :wah: I made him promise that it wasn't. I remember how relieved I was yet so, so scared. I didn't drive and had only worked for a month or two in my life. I remember wondering how I would survive. I had a beautiful apartment I wanted to keep. I also knew if I wanted to live, I did the best thing I could by selling Avon to pay for a divorce I desperately needed. Through the 3 1/2 years of marriage, I put my own obstacles in my way of getting out. How would I work with no car? I hoped and prayed he'd change, but that just wasn't happening. Long story short, I made it! :D I earned a living babysitting. It paid the rent, utilities, and put food on the table. I still don't drive yet I've always been able to get to and from work. I've decided to stop throwing obstacles at myself and went yesterday, on the anniverisary of my divorce, and got my permit. I'm scared to death of failure, but as I said, I'm done putting obstacles up. I will, at age 48, get my driver's license. I'll let you all know when I do. ;)

P.S. You may want to stay off the sidewalks then. :yh_rotfl
Peg

Pieces of Me

Post by Peg »

I know in life we have to take the good with the bad. I just hope the good starts happening soon. I was very upset in February when a tractor trailer ran over the front of my daughter's car, totalled it, and kept and going. The driver never was caught which really bothers me. This person could have killed a whole family, and wouldn't know if they did or not. :-5 Her guardian angel must've been riding with her that day because she escaped with only scratches and bruises. Yesterday, she pulled in to get an oil change, and her brake line broke. Again, that guardian angel was there because it didn't happen going down the road. :-4 With so many negatives going on in my life right now, I'm trying to stay focused on the positives. Sometimes, that's hard to do.

It's amazing how some people have so little life that they focus on making others miserable and do it well. Every year at the club where I work there's these guys that start a smear campaign against my husband so he won't get commander again. The last club they did this at, ended up shutting down. My guess is that they can't stand to see it doing so well financially. So many of these private clubs have closed due to finances and ours is going strong. In the midst of this smear campaign, my husband lost his mother. He went to the doctor and they suspect congestive heart failure yet he won't let them admit him. :-5 I'm looking for a new job because while I love most of the customers, these few are making life so miserable it just isn't worth it. I like working in a private club, I love the tips. I know I could go back to the store where I worked before, but those tips are calling me to a private club. It worries me because the store is not doing well financially. I guess I'll go out and apply and go where I get the best offer. In the meantime, I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass.
Peg

Pieces of Me

Post by Peg »

If I'm not here as much the next few days, I have my grandchildren while my third grandchild is being born. :D

Return to “Journals”