I Wonder

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

I wonder.......

If i can go a whole day without a cigarette:thinking: then if i do,, maybe i could go another full day, and another:-3

Ok im giving it a go. I have not the faintest clue wether i will succeed or not as i have never tried this before, so dont really know how i am going to react.

Maybe iwill never smoke again:)

Maybe i will be smoking again before bedtime:yh_rotfl

Day 1

12.11pm

I had my last cigarette at around 11.45pm last night so i am already just over 12 hours in to my first day:) I got up at 8.30am and have practically not stopped thinking about not smoking,, having a ciggie,,almost constantly in my thoughts. I have smal pockets of time where i forget, but even then i make the movement to go get a cig wihout thinking:rolleyes: I dont feel physically ill or anything yet, a little woozy the last ten mins or so, but its mainly the knowing i have not had a cig yet,, and wanting to do the actual physical act of holding a cig and putting it to my mouth etc. I have a bag of dried raisins and cranberries near me which i dig in to now and then:) All in all ,, im not feeling too bad so far:thinking: although i was a little irritated by my husband earlier, who is also trying to give up by the way:yh_rotfl If we dont kill each other i will hopefully be making regular stops here:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 1

7.50pm

well i feel about the same as i did earlier ,, no better no worse:thinking: my daughter has been so that passed some time, i made tea and ate tea so that passed some time,, now im gonna have a look round here and maybe play some games, then i will watch some telly and go to bed:D apart from when i am totaly occupied i just think about it constantly:-3 I think i am going to make it through this day,,, wonder what tomorrow will bring:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 2

9.45am

well i dunno:thinking: i feel about the same as yesterday,, the main thing is i keep automatically going to pick up my cigarette,,, as if i used to constantly have a cig ready to pick up or in my hand,, its weird:thinking: I mean i used to go sometimes a couple of hours without thinking of a cig:thinking:i am aware i want to eat more straight away,,, im allowing myself to give in to that just for the first few days,,, then i will have to curb it...im thinking of buying a treadmill:yh_rotfl I am irritated when my husband is there and i have to make a consious effort not to be, its probably good i picked yesterday to start as hubs works a lot friday and saturday, poor man just him actually being in the room irritates me :yh_rotfl I dont think about cigs at all when im walking th dog as i never smoked while walking the dog:thinking:

well i madde it through one day,, i think i will make it through another:)

It was 9.45am when i started this,,, then hubs brought some shopping in and i made a coffee:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 2

3.40pm

so far today i have eaten:

a banana

a corned beef pasty

a twix

a small bowl of left over spag bol

some raisins and cranberries

another corned beef pasty

two small fingers of chocolate

to drink i have had:

some water

2 cups of coffee

nearly a full carton of pure orange juice

im starting to feel a bit woozy, dizzy sort of:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 2

6.10pm

went a bit funny,,, had a nap, then took the dog out for a walk for the third time today:rolleyes:

I dont feel good, bit fuzzy, shaky, headachy:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 3

9.52am

Had quite a restless night last night, but woke up feeling ok this morning:) still having an odd dizzy bout, and moments of sort of ,,,, what do i do now??? Its like when i come back from my walk with the dog ,, i usually get a coffee and sit at the ktchen table and have a smoke

Its weird , not how i imagined,, mind i dunno what i imagined really :wah: thats what used to put me off trying i suppose,, the not knowing,,, tiill i read a link put up by Fuzzy.

Anyway i have got through two full days and am now in my third day... today i have some work to do which i am putting off as i dont feel like concentrating, then i am going to shower and smarten myself up as i have been invited to my sons house for lunch, so that will occupy me till teatime!!!

I started smoking at about 14 years old! Thats 34 years i smoked! Maybe i wont ever smoke again:-3Its possible:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 3

7.45pm

Bad day physically, Dizzy,, buzzy head, pains, could have been worse i have been kept occupied most of the day:thinking:

But ,, i have made it though another day,, day 4 tomorrow:)

i have so enjoyed the thread put up by Abbey, Still want a tan:D so funny:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 4

3.00pm

I feel crappy still:-5 dizzy, lethargic, just generally yukky. When am i going to start to feel better?,, and when i do start to feel better ,, thats when i will probably need to find out if i have any willpower at all:rolleyes::thinking:

I was at my mams today, both my sister and my mam smoked while i was there,,, it was weird it didnt seem to bother me at all,, and i couldnt even smell it???:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 4

7.30pm

been to bed,, had about an hour sleep,, well a sorta sleep:-2 then just lay in bed watching telly til hubs finally decided to make the tea himself:wah: he is giving up too,,, and while i am huffing and sighing, and lying in bed, and totally avoiding doing anything,,, he is doing lots of pretty menial household tasks,,, and has spent the ;last hour shredding things:wah: god we are both going mad:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 5

12.30pm

bloomin ell ,,, day 5!!!!!!!!!!.

I feel slightly better today in the dizziness department,,, still feel bit sick and headachy. I look terrible though:-2:-5 My skin and my colour are just gross,,, i have plastered some make up on my face, i might put some on my hands:wah:they look almost blue:confused: as far as wanting a cigarette,,, yep i still want one:yh_rotflI have a bad taste in my mouth thats making me think i must have bad breath, have to keep brushing my teeth. I had a bacon and mushroom sarnie earlier for breakfast, and since then i have had two half coated choccie biccies with my coffee, and nearly a full punnett of grapes.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 6

12.25pm

I feel loads better today:)

still having what i assume to be cravings:confused: a sickly feeling in the pit of my stomach,,,, and feeling hungry:thinking: Im feeling pretty confident though:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 8

12.pm

Now i feel better physicaly, i feel i need to use my willpower more to stop me from smoking:-3 I feel more vulnerable now to succumbing than ever before,, strange:thinking: so far i am resisiting:)

Before when the thought of a ciggy came in to my mind that was it,,, just a sort of automatic thought to have a smoke, then the realisation that i was packing in so couldnt have a smoke. Now when the thought comes in to my mind ,, i do feel like a actually do want a smoke,, and thankful there are no cigarettes at all in the house:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 10

12.15pm

good god day 10!!! its still going ok so far and hopefully i may now just be popping here in every few days or even weekly:thinking:

I feel fine physically, no more symptoms causing any sort of physical effect such as feeling sick or headaches dizziness etc.

but as i said on day 8... when i get a sudden urge it seems more like a craving now,, what i mean is ,, if there happened to be ciggies in the house i would be very tempted to have one:thinking: so it seems willpower has to be used now and i am not sure if mine is that good:-3 its the same with biccies or chocolate,, i can easily not buy them, and it dont bother me not having them, but if they are in the house i will eat them.:yh_rotfl

i have had quite a few pm's saying well done etc,, it feels good that people have cared just that little bit to go to the bother of pm'ing me :D:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 13

11.38am

I have quite a few periods now where the thought of a cigarette does not enter my head for quite a while ,, hours even, but today it seem to be in my mind a lot:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 17

7.20pm

I am still not smoking and have not had even one puff so far:DI still have an almost constant *hungry* feeling,,, but i am forgetting about smoking for some good long periods now.

Tomorrow i am going away with some family,, 2 of them smoke so thats going to be a challenge,, i will not ask them not to smoke where i am ,, its their holiday too and i dont want them to feel uncomfortable. I know what its like as i have felt that way in the past even when people say oh feel free to smoke it dont bother me etc,,, you still get this uncomfortable feeling:-5

im still quite surprised im actually doing this:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 23

12.23 pm

still a non smoker,,, still could smoke a cig as if i had one just half an hour ago:-3:wah:

I am in the irritable stage, unfortunately at the same time my husband is in the totally stupid idiotttttttttttttttt staaaaaaaaaaaaaaage-5:-5:-5

:D:D:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 24

853pm

why am i so bored??? since giving up smoking,, i feel really bored a lot!!!!!!!!!!!:-5:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

ok what day am i on, its 24th april,, last post was 12th day 24,, so wow!!day 36:-3

Day 36

5.45pm

Over a month:thinking:I have not had one single puff since i stopped smoking,, i cant believe myself really:thinking: I am still having the urge to smoke, weird im not thinking about it at all, then all of a sudden i go to have a smoke:-2Its as if i have just had a ciggie about half an hour ago:rolleyes:

Im suffering heartburn quite a bit as well.. dont know why it would cause that, but my brother said he got it as well:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 40

1.52pm

this is the second time today i have thought about smoking:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 50

6.28pm

Still not smoking,, still think about smoking,,, but not as much:)

still not totally comfortable :thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 60

6.12pm

I think its getting better:thinking:i feel like i dont think about it as much,,, they still pop in to my mind,, but definately not as much:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 75

10.40am

well i have had a read back of this journal ,, and realised ,, im not suffering from heartburn now,, nd im sure im not eating as much as the early days.. and dont have the constant hungry feeling:thinking:although i still thik im eating a bit more than i used to when i smoked. that may be because i smoked instead of eating?

anyway,, i maybe think of a cig once a day now ,,, sometimes i get a dya when it seems more on my mind than others,, but they are sort of fleeting thoughts,, i cna put them aside quickish. in 18 days it will be 3 calender months,, i think i ned to have a quick look back in here when i come in now as im leaving it longer each time,,im hoping i wont get the feeling of wanting a ciggie evenually, even if its only fleeting, maybe it needs to be a matter of six months or more before that comes:thinking: I can totally understand someone caving in though even after a good amount of time, because what if yu get that urge when you are feeling totally vulnerable,, or really mad,,, :thinking: It would be so easy and so quick to undo all the good work,, i thik i said it before ,,, i have to do ti this time cos im not sure i would wnat to try again if i failed:-3

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Day 87

11.21am

Just been for a few days break in Spain,, could have smoked a ciggie then ,, i think it is more at times when i am relaxing, that i want to smoke as thats what i associated smoking with .... relaxation:thinking: anyway much better since i got back,, hardly think about it at all now:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

101 days

7.07pm

wow passed the hundred days mark,, its much easier now:)just over 3 months:thinking:3 months is not too long really,,, wonder how i will feel in 6 months,,, i do still think about it but definatley not as often,,, i think i have even gone a whole day wothout thinking of it once. i could still smoke a ciggie,, but its not what i would class as an urge now, and quite easy to put the thought aside. I dont ,, go to have a smoke .. like i used to ,, where i would look towards where my cigs would normally be and put out my hand to get one before realising i have given up:rolleyes:.. i cant say i think my taste buds are better,, like people have said, i cant say i feel any different at all actually:thinking: Im still a non smoker though and i am keeping it up ,,,,,,,,,,

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

Nearly 7 months! :D the thought of smoking still comes in to my head ,, but it dont bother me at all to see other people smoke, or smell it. only 5 ore months to go for a year! i wouldnt have believed it if anyone said i wouldnt be smoking by now this time last year:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

I Wonder

Post by kazalala »

still not smoking! One year and 2 months,,, go me:D:guitarist:guitarist:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Journals”