There comes a time...

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

Monday Jan 12th...

There comes a time for everything in life - Journals included...

I'd mentioned to a couple of members that I was considering starting a journal - something I've never done in me life... A bit late to start at my age I suppose, but better late than never: as I've heard it said...

The other thing about starting one now, is I consider it better to have tried and failed, rather than to have done nothing: and succeeded... But what the heck...

I suppose one is meant to add a little each and every day, but the thought has been kicking dust in my mind, that doing so: is not always possible... That's in my case - not everyones...

With me, it's all down to time slots... Such are the odd minutes, half-hours etc, that can be found in the palm of one's hand(s) from day to day... I have a few of those most days, although I nearly always finish up, by the time I leave work, having found something that fits the time-slot like a glove...

Trouble with writing is, that once I start: I sometimes find it difficult to stop, or at least bring it to something resembling a calculated standstill... So setting aside a 'time-slot' to write, poses something of a dilemma for me...

But tonight, I threw caution to the wind, determined to call this evening 'my patch' as opposed to a time slot... So here we are...

Guess I've rambled on long enough for the first entry, so I'll say chow to any who take/took the time to read this, hoping you found the expenditure of your time-slot: worthwhile...

Nightie - night....
The only realities in life: are those which lie buried in the past…
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

Wednesday January 14th 2008...

Well - midweek has come and nearly gone, leaving little or nothing worth mentioning, other than being grateful that I'm still with the living...

Work has been somewhat on the relaxed side, what with the seasonal down-turn and the world-wide recession: which appears to be taking it's toll on a wide front...

I do empathize with those who have been made redundant, because I experienced just that, way back in 1980... In my case, I never let it hold me back and after finishing work on the Friday evening, I got my head into gear, and by Monday morning, I was self employed and out looking for work in the motor engineering field...

That proved more than successful for five years, before I moved on, changing direction in the process... Although there's been a few hard times and knocks in between - I've never looked back and I'm still selling my technical abilities to this day, some twenty nine years later...

But enough of that clap-trap for now...

So where do we go from here???

Ah - yes... I've managed to acquire a desk, instead of having to use the kitchen table for the computer set-up... Makes all the difference in the world to me... Mainly because it's in the lounge, instead of the bedroom and I can keep one eye on the telly, whilst pounding the keyboard, thus pumping out reams of nonsensical considerations, which will - for the most part - probably remain unread for the duration of my time upon this planet...

Time - there's another good subject...

Time goes by so quickly, that 'what will be' - becomes what was almost before one can recognize it as: what is...

I sometimes wonder, if things might slow down somewhat, if both time and the calendar, were re-calibrated in a metric form... It would probably change the seasons here and there, but as we've been putting up with that for the past few decades, would anyone really notice the difference...

Anyway - I think that enough for a Wednesday... Need to save a little energy for two more working days...

But as the big man always says: "I'll be back"...
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

Thursday Jan 15th 2008… 9.30pm… (Here in the UK)

I was confronted with an interesting question a couple of days ago… Where do our thoughts come from…

A couple of ideas sprang to mind…

The first, entailed an event, or a series of such – an unusual sound or sight (all that sort of thing) which triggers one or more equations in the brain… Step two, is when those are fed into the conscious, then the sub-conscious minds in turn, the latter, placing an undetermined number of possibilities back, into the conscious mind…

And so - the process continues, until we appear to have something approaching a solitary thought: regarding (or relating to) that which had taken place…

I considered that it does not rest there… More likely than not, that thought, is quickly segmented, into a number of possibilities… And (with some people) that’s the point, where intuition kicks in… The progression of that which takes place, varies from individual to individual; sometimes: with astonishing speed and variation of imaginary results…

That entire agenda could probably complete its journey - in less than the blink of an eye…

With consideration coming to a high hurdle, that it didn’t (at the time) have the energy to negotiate, I set that theory to one side and cast my mind's eye, over a hypothesis, which the questioner further considered: might be worth examining…

And that was, that thoughts are literally: placed into our minds (which are nothing more than receptors) by entities from an adjoining dimension… The object of the exercise being, that we’d use the subsequent train(s) of thought, as a means of progress; during - or at some point in: our daily lives…

Now that proposal, really made me grey cells run riot, because the premise stood hand in hand with a principle, I’d been considering a couple of weeks ago, whereby, all planetary life forms, are pawns or pieces in a game of life, being played by a governing force or forces, indigenous to a parallel dimension…

At the moment, I’m still trying to bring the two conjectural ideas closer together, or at least, shape them into something resembling a single, plausible concept...

Think I’ll sleep on it for now…
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

Friday Jan 16th 2009

Part of my 'Life's Philosophy' is that when something needs attention, an event of some description will occur - and point me in the right direction...

A prime example of that, took place today...

I'd just arrived home from work and doing the weekly goodies run to Sainsburys, when I met a new resident, who'd moved into the complex over the past three or four days... Even more interesting, is that she moved into flat No 43 - which is next to mine...

A close encounter of the forth or fifth kind - I thought to me'self, as the opening introductions, drew to a close...

Anyway - to cut a long story short and get back the point in question (that's if it is or was a question – I’ll give that further thought) this new resident, wanted to join the computer club, that I run for the residents...

"I've got an address with Yahoo" she told me... "It's only the E-Mails I'm really interested in”...

"Ah" - I replied... "There might be a wee problem with that, because the internet set-up that's being supplied FOC by the housing association (who own the properties) is so heavy on security, that it hasn’t been possible to log into Yahoo mail... Not even the basic version"...

But I agreed to go to the IT suite this evening and see if my plea for help on this matter, had been resolved by the association's Tech guys...

I typed in my details and: lo and behold - was I surprised... At last I could reach the Yahoo mail section, al-be-it - the basic set-up and there in all its glory, was a New Year message from my friend Lucky, who lives in the States... Had it not been for this new resident’s enquiry about using the IT suite, I might not have seen that message... Because I seldom if ever, go to that site... I only set the account up in the first place, to help Lucky overcome a computer problem she was having: a couple of years ago...

That to me: kinda brings my philosophy into line with reality...

Some might not see it that way- but it works for ‘moi’ and has done - on many occasions...
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

January 25th 2009 – 1030am – GMT…

This morning, I want to talk about dreams, because last night, I had two – both of which resonate with particular patterns of dream: that appear to dominate my sleeping hours…

The first, between 10.30pm and 03.15am, concerned (what – in my mind – later turned out to be) language.

In my dream, I’d found myself amongst numerous shapeless forms, all of which where part of a race - or family - of languages... Each, was somehow, attempting to express itself for my benefit…

At that point – I woke up, with a very clear picture in my mind as to what that might represent… Such - being the characteristics of thought, which is a subject I’ve been studying for the past few weeks…

These are the considerations that were forthcoming from the first dream…

Languages beyond thought…

Thought, or thinking: is a language all of its own… Beyond, but connected to it; are other languages that sometimes: few comprehend or consider…

What might these be: and how might they manifest…

Thought, can promote action, which in itself: is a language…

Thought, can endorse reaction, which in itself: is a language…

Thought, can establish attitude, which in itself: is a language…

Apprehension is a separate language, which, one might consider, takes its rightful place, before the language of all three mentioned above… Or are they what might be described as alternative or adjudicating idioms or self-reliant systems, all the same thing, the difference being the frequencies at which they resonate…

Consider the levels in volume and tone at which the voice resonates and the affect that can have during verbal dialogue… The same words, in the same language, uttered in a dissimilar way, can have a totally different meaning or effect altogether… Given that significance, might ‘emphases’ be portrayed as: a language of its own…

Overall, if considered different entities, they are but a few of the tongues, by which we communicate with; all that is around us: and everything that takes place within our lives…

However – although they may all appear as separate entities, collectively: it would appear they all stem from thought…

Hence the question to myself: what produces thought…

The answer to that has a number of variants… Sight can produce thought, as can hearing and speech… But those three senses alone, although the mainstay of consideration: cannot be realistically perceived: as the only origins of thought…

In conclusion, one might consider that no matter what we say or do, we are actually speaking in several languages at any given moment in time… So it’s no wonder that half the time, we (or those around us) can’t understand what’s going on at all…

What might other sources of thought be and could a Spiritual perspective: produce any further derivatives???

Maybe I’ll give that some thought…

So - end of part one…

Nipping back to bed and sleeping from around 6.00 until 8.30am, presented me with a dream, relating to inadequacy…

In these frequently experienced dreams, I tend to find myself amongst groups of very industrious people, who are all engaged in different projects…

More often than not, such are related to motor engineering or something of that nature…

They also involve the ‘presence’ of the man who set me off on my mechanical career, but the man himself, is rarely if ever there…

No one ever gets anything wrong – except me… No matter what I attempt to do, the end result (if I ever get that far) is doomed to failure… And yet, when engaged in that profession for a number of years, I actually excelled at it…

When awakening, such immediately makes me wonder, if the pathway through life that I now walk, is actually the one I should be journeying along…

I’ll need to give that some thought I suppose… Oh hell… Here we go - back to the language scenario…
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

At last I've got me internet set up through a router... Been promising me'self that for nearly a year... Now it's all set up and rolling along nicely...

If me visitors come for a few days, at last they can connect wirelessly without the need to use my machine to check their mail... Majik...

Well - it's Easter - or just about - so for those who take the time to browse through my ramblings, I'd like to wish all: a Happy time...

Must keep more up-to-date with these entries, so this is the start of a new era - so to speak...

Again - have a great time... I'm gona cook something to eat now...

Chow... Catch yah again real soon....
robbie_d

There comes a time...

Post by robbie_d »

Heck ~ I hadn't realized that it's over a year since I last posted here... It's been so long, that I've kind of forgotton how to put something in my journal... But I'm trying...

This might turn up in the right place ~ or it might not... The proof of the pudding, will be in the viewing within the next few minutes...

If it don't go right, I guess I'll need to ask advice from someone who know how...

Wish me luck (so to speak) as I now press the button...

Robbie D....

Glory ~ glory... Seems like I got it right and used the edit button to make a note of my one and only annual success ~ so far this year... Oh happy day...

Return to “Journals”