Mink's Moments

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Wow I was just reading some way back posts of mine (2005) egads it's always interesting to see how our lives change.

I can say for the most part mine continues to improve (thankfully).

I am a sentimental old sap that is for certain, I was reading about the day I send my oldest daughter out of my house for good. Ouch it still hurts to think I had to send her to the streets. Blessed is the healing power of time I could not ask for much better now when I look at the lovely woman she has become.

Sigh.

I am at a crossroads at this point and time, I have the desire for calm waters yet my life is a continued wash of ebbs and flows that I wish would settle. Consistent Chaos. sad indeed, that is how much effort my ex-husband has put into family matters of late. I was out that evening with a mate and I got a call on my cell phone it was my oldest daughter being silly then nothing, then a whoop of laughter then this voice came on with a very soft spoken "hello" I nearly burst into tears, it was my lovely lovely ex sister in law. Her and I have finally made arrangements to get together this wednesday, yes she has tried to contact me over the past few months and yes I miss her and some of the other members of that family dearly. My daughters were saying a few of them were in tears as Jr Minks spoke of me during their time together. Jr Minks told me she knew it was unsettling to her dad and step mother to speak of me but she said she just didn't care, she said "my mother is alive and should not be treated as if she was dead" I was in tears as Jr Minks told me all this.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I should post daily thoughts but meh, I prefer a babblefest.

Update on the extended family, my visit to the ex sis in laws was glorious. I enjoyed seeing my ex brother in law, and my neice and nephew they all look great, but the best was to sit and yack with my sis in law, screw the ex moniker, she will always be my sis in law :-4 Wow my ex husband did more than damage our family he darn near tore hers apart too. I was informed he was spreading all kinds of nasty ugliness around about me. Interesting considering just this past January, and April he has sent me a handful of emails asking my forgiveness. Well what ever life goes on. I have been missed by many members of his family and have been told if ever I want to come to any family function where the ex husband and ex MIL are not in attendance I am more than welcome to join That was touching.

Oh the drama never ends.

I have been into the aminal hospital 2 times in the last 2 weeks, my poor pooch has taken ill. Round 1, he ate something nasty that made him ill, round 2 yesterday we were back as he is having violent coughing fits... it appears that my trusty little companion has an allergic reaction to the pollen in the air. Oh he is barking like a seal his cough is so bad. He is on meds yet again... My poor sweetie.

I had a rough day last week after a row with my oldest daughter. Not to fun, but by sunday we were back speaking again. No details due to wanting to preserve her reputation :D (barely)

I learned white is not a very cool color of jacket to wear when you go riding with a bunch of hardcore bikers Hmmmmm I do not subscribe to the black jacket credo when the temps soar over 30C and my friend made it perfectly clear to me that I "stand out" ahahahaha Me thinks I embarassed him hehehehe He kept asking if I had a different color jacket to wear. Beyond that I spent all saturday on the back of a motorbike as we toured the country side and ended up at a small town (big event) car show. A really great day. Met a bunch of nice people along the way.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

My nice bright light slowly is dying to a flicker, all that was shiney is looking rather tarnished.

I can see why people become hermits, the more people you involve in your life the more "things" you have to deal with.

My pooch and my daughter are both battling the same allergy, now that is sad but also funny. I took Jr Minks to the clinic last nite, the Dr took one look at her rash and said Oh that is a pollen allergy. Gave her a steriod cream and told her to take allergy meds. Poor girl is pink and bumpy all over.

While in the clinic waiting her father sent me a text that he got a letter in the mail and sent me email about it. I messaged him back I was not home but in the clinic with the child would read it later. I got around to reading said email late last nite, it was about his failure to produce final information and documentation for one last thing in this divorce and because he failed to do so, it goes to court and the cost is all his. He is angry and is refusing cooperation. I frankly do not care, it's in the hands of the lawyer again. His loss, the kicker is he gets all bent about this kind of **** yet never did he ask about his daughter and why she was seeing a doctor. I am sick of this man, sick sick sick of him.

Without detail my love life sucks, and I don't know what I want well I do know what I want but I don't seem to be finding it. I do not want to resign myself to settling for less again, and sadly I am only finding bits and pieces out there. I want the whole package and wow I never in a million years would have thought I had set my standards so high.

This job is really really sucking I have set my limit to December but things sure have changed and I know it's sucking the life from me. We all used to love coming here the future was so bright and now it's just a grey cloud a freaking obligation I hate a job that feels like a chore.

Ok I think I should quit now and go read other threads they will make me smile. I think I am just being a grumpy old woman today. There surely will be something good come of something eventually.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

It is crazy how easy it is to bitch and moan about the negative. Seems to come so easily to me. Well I have to say it isn't always reflective of my mood, seems once I get it out onto "paper" I can get past it easily but then I fail to write the good postive thoughts.

Well the battle with the ex still goes on, he is refusing to comply to lawyers requests so off my lawyer goes to court ... at his expense ahahahaha the guy thinks he is exempt from the law. Informs me he can't make the set date to meet with the lawyer because of "work" Ok here is where I think he is pathetic. He never has to miss work to ...take his daughter(s) to dentist, doctor or school appointments... I do. He never has to spend time on the phone with either child in crisis during the work day... I do. He actually contributes squat to those kids ... because in his warped little mind... he seems above it all. Well lawdeedawwdeedawww. That is life, I am not bitter I actually laugh at his stupidity. He is a complete failure and I am glad he is not mine. I guess the worst of it all is, he failed his daughters horribly :(

Ok I vowed for every negative I would write at least on positive :)

My boss will no longer be referred to my boss, yes we still work together but we have become over time friends outside of work and it's been a lot of fun. She and I are so alike and laugh over so much we are into friends :) She asked me for a ride last nite which was not a problem for me, but she felt obligated to pay me back so asked me to stay for dinner... We had dinner and a few beers watched a flick and just had an all round great time :) Tomorrow we go to the Beerfest here in town.... yep she loves beer as much as I do. We shall take cabs, and we shall enjoy ourselves. We are both looking forward to this. I spose when you work together and become friends the bitching and moaning means more so the escapes and rewards together are far more rewarding ahahahaha Maybe we are both in trouble cultivating this friendship HAH!

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I think my family wants to disown me :( Ah well I knew I never would measure up to what they expected. I don't care. I am not giving into their ways. I will never be them and I will likely never have their approval. Life goes on. I asked one small favor of them all and one side responded sure ok, but you better ask permission from the others and I phoned and phoned and nothing so screw that. I don't need their help. They just better not throw it in my face or Jr Mink's again, that "oh yes you can borrow "that" any time you want" line. Argh!!!!

Fathers Day, yep seems "they" are all getting together and going out. Bloody nice to ask if I wanna join in... yet again. Guess my dad will have to suffice with a card only and personally I give up giving a rip.

Meh I remind me again, stop with the negativeness!!

I sit here at work today in a pair of jeans that have big flower patch's on the front. Very hippy chick looking and I love em. Everytime I wear them I lament on the fact I do NOT dress my age, again I ain't giving in to what is appropriate and what is not for someone my age. Gawd age huh.... makes me shake my head. I have tried that dating scene and wow men my age... OLD ahahaha I decided I am going to look for someone half my age ahahahaha not.

I am off for the weekend with my mate. I am glad to be going :)

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Well for a weekend of lousy weather we had a good time. We drove over 2000 km. From Calgary down and around Montana. We wanted to come home through Glacier National Park cause T had never been there but sadly we could not make the trip through the park as the road was closed at some point I suspect another mud slide as the rain was near torrential. Yep we are back up to flooding again in this city. I think my feet are becoming webbed. Our trip had no purpose of direction, we had a couple map books a handful of snacks and the desire to just drive. First nite we didn't make it too far, after 3 hours we had to stop, dusk through the mountains is dicey even for a veteran trucker. Too much wildlife on the road and in the ditches, some alive some struck down already as the sun was slowly setting. I managed to catch a glimpse at a female moose and a baby, they looked so odd drenched by the rain. Instead of being coursely furred and dusky brown they were sleeked and almost black, I almost didn't recognise them. We pulled into the lovely ski town or Fernie BC. In the heart of the mountains. Grabbed a late dinner and a few beers at the pub then bought our own beers and sat in our hotel room and drank and talked and drank till we fell asleep. We didn't rush out of Fernie Saturday, we took our time, we had a minor incident (not a big surprise I was warned something was bound to happen when crossing the border with T, but for his preservation I shan't elaborate) at the Canada/US customs. It could have been a disaster for me if T had not caught the blip. The customs guy was good about his mistake all the time assuring T when he asked that this was not going to cause me any grief and me records would be restored to their pristine state hehehehe Well the further south we got the better the weather was and the more enticing it was to just keep driving. Like I stated to somebody already this eve, it's a good thing I still have one child left at home and am forced to return after my brief "get aways" We spent a good part of the day driving in the sun and admiring the glorious Montana landscape. Truly a rich and glorious site this fair state is. Crazy how close it is to us, yet the terrain is so different and breath taking, perhaps it's just because we are so used to what we see around us all the time that ours no longer seems spectacular. I will post a few pics at some time this eve... with luck. We stopped at the Harley Shop of course and had to spend time in there browsing the store, fortunately nothing jumped out at T and he left empty handed, I think he needs to thank me for not encouraging his random spending ahahaha (god lord he will smack me for that one) We headed towards Glacier National Park and came across .... hmmmm the mystery place and be darned if the name doesn't elude me at this moment. Anyways hey bless the internet I found it, The House of Myster. here is the link..... http://www.montanavortex.com/. Was that ever ever cool. It was so weird as we approached the cabin, we walked along this gorgeous pathway in the trees and suddenly I was feeling nauseous, yeah for real. But it wasn't a strange feeling for me, I get that often, but..... when we caught up to the tour, the guide was explaining this "quantum, or gravitational anomaly that defies the laws of physics and nature" to us and I realized it was not just one of my passing bouts of nauseum. It was the place we were existing upon at that moment. It was incredibly weird. The Vortex has a slanted house situated upon it and you walk in and you walk right out again... Ok I did, I was completely overtaken by this horrible horrible sick feeling. It took me time but I got over it, and it was weird as I would turn my head quickly it would strike but it I took it slow and easy for the first bit af adjusting and accpeting the pull I was ok. Very very freaky energy phenomenon. I strongly suggest going and checking out the link I posted. After we left the cabin, we encountered the Labyrinth T walked it and felt great I walked it and nearly threw up. Weird stuff indeed we experimented in the Hexagon, and yes it's true on one side of it a person appears smaller and on the other they appear larger, my pics do no justice to that theory cause I could never convince you I held my camera in the same place and T and I were the same distance's apart both times... Just freakish. And we went on to another circle that isn't written about in that link where all the trees that form that circle grow inward towards each other, you can actually feel the energy when you step into this circle as well we did an exercise with our hands and I got to see my aura around my hand that completely freaked me out. I saw it even before the guide told me it was going to be there. I have always been a skeptic about these kinds of things but I dunno, I wanna know more now. Unfortunately none of my pics included any Orbs, I was disappointed but perhaps that was a reflection of my skepticisim up until this day, maybe it would have been different if T was playing photographer for the day. He is much more intuned to this stuff than I "was". But I have to tell ya after we left there and hit the hiway again, I could NOT quell my unsettled stomach... wow weird.... So on the way towards Glacier we found the Montana Fur Trading Company (I think that was the name of the store) Aw it was loaded with Indian arts and crafts some gorgeous Native American art, some cool clothing and some spectacular jewellery. Well surprise surprise I was drawn to some gorgeous silver pieces of Jewellery. Dead Pawn stuff it said, so of course I had to ask just what Dead Pawn was, and it's merely pawned items that nobody ever came back for Soooo their loss my gain. I paid a pretty penny for the most gorgeous sterling silver bracelet. Number 3 of my collection maybe I will try and take a pic of this later.

Well the stop there was a good thing, I was finally settled enough to hit the hiway again so onward we went until we hit the entrance of the park and decided to stop for the night at a quaint little motel. Again it was late so a light dinner and a few beers while we listened to a good local voice sing some comfortably familiar 80's songs for us all. The sun shone in and warmed our spirits and our beers so we had to drink fast, ok I did because I like my beer ice cold. I was drinking a lovely fruit beer, ok sure you think that is weird but it was delicious. Huckleberry (what Montana is famous for) and honey beer. Oooo I loved it. We were having conversation with the bartender when she suddenly hollered out "AMTRAC" and bolted from the pub to stand out upon the balcony with her fellow wait staff and they waved as the passenger filled Amtrac train stopped in at the station down the hill. Upon her return you know we had to ask why, and she said its fun and its tradition. Charming indeed. Well again we bought ourselves a few beers at the store to take back to our room. On our way back we encountered a few bikers they asked directions... to Alaska... they had come from Miami, I don't even want to guess how far that is, just imagine the far south east corner of the USA and the far north west before hitting Canada, yeah I think double digit thousands. These guys were all originally from argentina very interesting, I wish we had more time to chat with them, the one guy was quite willing to come get directions from T, he seemed the more brave of the bunch the others said in their broken english no no no don't go with him. I spose at this point I should explain T gets many a fearful look, he is what you would imagine when someone says "hells angel" but trust me he is not one of them.. tis merely his daunting look. So we had a nice chat with mr argentina and sent him on his way. T and I sat out upon our balcony drinking our beers, watching the sunset and telling life stories, ok no no T talked I listened, I never talk about my life to him seems far to boring in comparison hahahahah it was a glorious nite, pity we could not have stayed longer.

ooo it's getting late and I am growing tired I don't want to go back and edit this I think I will post a few pics in the pic thread and call it a wrap.

To end the trip we woke up to rain today and it poured for the entire trip home pity cause I would have liked to have taken more pictures.

Good nite.

M

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Letter to a friend:

Dear T:

Its "the tuesday" June 26, the day of conversation about my escape away.

I thought I would give it a whirl about explaining this to you and it's likely going to come across as completely idiotic, but hey I guess that happens and besides which, I do "idiotic" well.

I am tired, crabby, mad, disappointed, hurt, scared, sad, exhausted, frustrated, you name it I am it, every emotion you can imagine I am it.

I am guilty of not leaning on people well, yep I begged her to get away with me, we had talked about it in the past and the timing happend that I wanted it this weekend. I am sorry I excluded you, bloody hell i don't even know where I stand with you. Jeeze you got me in tears over text messages today. I am sick and tired of 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards lately. In the mirror I am 10 feet tall and invincible but in my own mind Im just the opposite. I figured I could take on the world just me and I was fueled by anger and freedom. Little did I know what I signed up for eh. Weakness blows, it blows badly but maybe not as bad as disillusion huh. I got nobody to blame, blaming others is easy. But if we don't allow them to influence us we are pretty much on our own.

Bloody hell I can't even be support for my own mother anymore. C***** I am not supportive anymore, I ran out of support. I think finally I need supporting... hah like that is anything I am going to accept from anyone.

We're in it for fun you and me, where did you think I could ever come to you for a little advice or support???? I wanna be angry at you and tell you to back off and keep it to yourself and leave me alone. I don't wanna tell you how good it felt when you held me, or put your arm across my shoulder and walked down the road with me or brushed the hair out of me face while kissing me. It's meant to be kept at a distance... don't taunt and tease me telling me you could be there for me. You can't be because I will expect more..... accept the barriers I throw up or just walk away.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Today I am completely bored so am going to throw some fun links in here for future fun

http://www.whereswilly.com/ http://www.thecookingschool.com/?id_category=19 http://www.sitepoetry.com/ < inspiration for writing

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

People are weird... how is it I keep saying that about so many people these days. I swear I am turning into my father. This frightens my mother... She thinks my brother and I have the worst of the worst in us for tempers, she says things like "people think the Irish have bad tempers, and low tolerance, try a Hungarian" Then she will giggle and say "you poor kids you are in so much trouble with your Hungarian and Irish tempers"

Gee thanks mom :P

Ah it's monday I am tired, people confuse me. I am still battling this dating game thing and can't really sort out what I want, met a very nice man this weekend as well am not talking to my other guy friend cause he is being a buffoon and if he presumes one more thing with me it's a smack to his thick skull soon. :-5

I am battling a lot with Jr Minks, and it's dam frightening, it's all reminicent of my older daughter, I know it's the age. It's exactly like it was with her sister. I am doomed. I am tired of her coming home late, or calling me she missed the bus and just generally being irresponsible. So badly so I told her if she thinks she has it so bad and won't listen to me or abide by my rules anymore she can go live with her dad and see how easy she does have it with me. I told her if she messed up again it won't be a matter of go try dad's it will be a matter of, get out find your own way and I reminded her I did it with her sister and will do it with her as well. SIGH!

Work is boring today. I wish FG was a little livelier mind you I don't have much to talk about. I have had enough coffee so the caffinated buzz is wanning whoopee what now....

My father is feuding with my brother and sister in law again oooo and he made a nasty burn comment about my sis in law (bad me but it made me laugh) he said something to the affect of "funny she gets all this money and suddenly thinks she has all this power, sounds like somebody else we used to know" Yep he compared her to my ex-husband. Ouch burn!! But justifyably so, she has become one greedy money hungry girl. She has even stole a marketing idea from my girls but I refuse to talk about this. She plans to make money off of their awesome ideas.

I thought I was going to stay positve in this journal eeek I am failing miserably, well sleepless nites make me wanna vent.

It rained here today which is refreshing it's been deadly hot for us northerners ahahahaha It's supposed to climb in temps again by weeks end.

Ok Jr Minks + for her, she is at 1 weeks training at college, it's the pastry chef class's. 9:00 to 4:00 daily all week. This is part 2 of cooking boot camp, last year was general cooking and menu prep. She is thrilled to be doing these classes. And already the first one paid off, it got her a decent paying job as a line cook at a brand new restraunt. Yesterday was their pre-opening so us parents and friends were test victims ahahaha it was fabulous.

Ok I feel better now. Pity this day is dragging along.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I took a break these past few days, and you would never know it, but I was trying to keep from confronting the negativities of my life.

It felt good but you still have to deal with them in the end, however if you give them some time and space, grab a good nites sleep and look at them in a new day, they don't seem so awful.

I see it's so easy to talk about the negatives of the world I wonder why that is? How come we can't just wake up and say OH glorious day because:

I am alive

the sun is out

i don't feel pain (or much pain)

my children are healthy and happy

my folks are still alive

my house is still standing

i have my job

Well and just be happy for these things.

But then a few things creep in as the day goes on.

they make me sad, but I have to learn to live with them and not battle them.

I found out today I am not likely to qualify for a mortgage ever unless I remarry... gosh flip a coin own a home and marry or, rent and stay single, ok now that actually is laughable :wah:

Everybody around me is worried about money and retirement etc.... good gosh am I the only person who is worried about will my pay check making it to next week? I haven't a cent to save these days.

Oh yeah and some jackass sat upon the hood of my car Friday somewhere, I suspect while I was at work, and then slid off the hood I know this how... there are 4-8 lovely scratch marks all down my hood and they look to be spaced out to resemble rivets of jean pockets. I am livid.

I have seriously tossed around the idea of visiting a financial planner, surely there are ways for even a broke person like me to save something somewhere.... but I don't want to get into some scammy pyramid thing either. Hmmmmm things that make me think.

So anyways where I was going... wake up every day and list 5 postive things before you get out of bed.

Todays are listed above let's see if tomorrow I can have new ones.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

my 5 positives today

i get to see my grandson tonite

it's sunny and warm out

I had a great sleep albiet short

i resolved some problems with my mate last nite

i got a free stampede breakfast today.

~~~~~

Well that felt good.

I am soo excited I am going on my first ever bike rally/poker run this weekend, last one was a bust due to the rain. It is going to be hot out, +35 degrees and death valley like conditions. I get to bring 1 change of clothing and a hair brush and tooth brush, that is about all that is going to fit in a bike saddle bag. I can imagine i will smell lovely by the time I return. Ah well good thing I have done all kinds of camping in my life.

It's times like this when I am glad I no longer have to answer to the ex about my social life. I don't have much impact anymore on my young adult daughters. He would have a bird if he knew I was hanging out with a bunch of bikers all the time. Ahhhh how I do NOT miss that man.

I had a good chat with my mate last nite after we had a bit of a yell fest at lunch yesterday. I am convinced we are both retards. It's so difficult to communicate when we rely on text messages so much when he is on the road. We are always messing up things between us. It doesn't help that we are both lousy at communications. But it's laughable. It's a very strange relationship we have he and I, strange friends. Yet we seem vital to each other. Odd. Ah well we manage, and it's challenging. And often I wonder why I hang with him ahahaha.

Work is boring it's crazy quiet again, that happens during stampede cause nobody works so us service company's sit idle.

I get to see my cute grandson tonite oooo he is trying so hard to walk, he barely started crawling and is now pulling his self up to stand and scoots around the furniture... so like his mom was, she could barely control herself with excitement when she was learning to walk. I can't wait. Poor little mite has a nasty cold right now so is always a snotty mess I remember those days. Just try and catch them to wipe the nose ahahahaha Gross ! Ok on that note I am outta here for today.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I think I missed yesterday ah well it wasn't a bad day

5 + things today

It is friday

I only work half a day

I leave for a weekend away (yet again)

Jr Minks brought home awesome bread from her cooking class and we ate it all nite long

My office is cool (temperature that is)

Well I am off to go to my first ever bike Rally/poker run this afternoon. We will camp in the "badlands" the temps are to soar, I hope I don't melt and become mixed up with Dinosaur Dung. It should be interesting.

I plan to take pics and come back with details.

Cheers

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

5 PLUS things today

Last nite we had a grand party/dinner out for my daughter she turned 20

We had an early morning thunderstorm that faked us into believing we will cool off today

No more training today, only the test (yay then it will be over early)

The coffee is tasting awful good this morning

I an excited about getting my pics onto here with luck this evening.

Aww we went to a great restraunt last nite, my folks, brother and sis in law, Jr Minks and my oldest (BBM) and the grand son. It was cool cause our waitress was an old school mate of BBM's so that was fun. We ate a ton, the staff came out and put a hilarious hat with horns on BBM's head and sang a happy birthday song to her and embarassed her. She loved the concert tickets I gave her for next friday we are going to Nickleback. Then it was back to the oldies place for cake that Jr Minks made and a sit out in their lush back yard. It was wonderful.

I have missed those days of fun family gatherings for the girls' birthday parties. Pity her father could be bothered.

I will never understand the selfishness of a parent who can't, or won't do things with or for his children.

The sperm doner pulled a real classic move this weekend (sunday actually, the actual birthday of BBM's), called up BBM to visit, why you ask because his wife (sargent tight ass) had family in town, so the sperm doner only wanted to show off his grandson. He is so phecking transparent. The jerk didn't even invite Jr Minks. Hell he hasn't spoke to Jr Minks for prolly 3 months. How pathetic.

Aw well the girls are smarter enough to see the writing on the wall.

Life goes on. Happy Wednesday

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Oh my poor neighbor, she lost her job yesterday, she was replaced with no notice. She had been with the company for 7 months and truly loved her work. She has been in the profession for 19 years. She was devastated last nite and justifyably so. I came over to her and just hugged her and let her cry. Granted she was rather drunk, but I still thought she needed someone to hug. She is so distraught because she is the sole provider to her 3 kids. Fortunately the company will pay her out till end of August. I was the only one who told her to allow herself to feel crappy for the next day or 2, then to embrace the opportunity to find something new. Everybody else was telling her to suck it up. Ahhhhh poor girl.

But then again she is my drama queen friend, and I spend a lot of time listening to her "issues" yet on the other hand she's a lovely lovely person so I cut her some slack.

Poor P, I hope she gets through the next couple days OK.

I went to a show and shine last nite with a "friend", it was mustang heaven, as well there were vipers, cameros, ferarri's (oops spelling), and old trucks and such it was great. I enjoyed being with my friend too cause I could ask him about each vehicle and he knew, gosh I wish I could do that with cars.

Then we were off to a BBQ with some of his friends, such nice people it was my first time meeting them. I hope I did not make an ass of myself hahahaha

Then he took me home and we sat outside for about an hour with my mates. It was a nice evening. He is such a sweet man :)

ooo 5 +'s today

I beat Gallbally at trivia

I had a great evening last nite

Work is better today than yesterday

We may get rain (keeping fingers crossed)

I am spose to catch up with an old friend for lunch today.

Happy thursday

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

My brother is an idiot!

I can't believe he has let his "wife/SO" walk all over him like this. She has turned into a money monger. All she can think of is money. She hangs out with a very lovely couple who have no children, are older and have made some incredibly brilliant real estate decisions. They are very well off. My SIL wants to be just like them, in the process she has convinced my brother to move to Mexico and start this hokey business plan (an idea she stole from my children i might add). On the way to this final plan, she has alienated much of us (family including my girls, folks and me just what my kids need more ****ing family ditching them), and pissed my father off something awful to the point of not wanting to will them anything. Dad has a temper and is under a lot of pressure lately he goes in August 13 for his back surgery he is scared. They have disappointed my children by not being there anymore as their favorite aunt and uncle (only ones they ever saw since divorce), and they have crushed my mother because they want to leave so close to dad's surgery date. It appears they are clueless.

Mom called me today and said even their friends (2 separate ones, 2 separate occasions) have asked about them and if they are avoiding them and why? How very sad.

Bottom line, they (Bro and SIL) have made everybody feel as though none of them are good enough for them. Hmmm and here I was keeping my mouth shut cause I thought they were only doing it to me and my girls.

Well happy friggin life to you guys, nice to walk out on what little family you have left that has supported your dirtly little game for so long. (if you ever read this you will know exactly what I mean here)

SIL is an ex JW whose family ex-communicated her. She literally leached onto my family for attention when all this happened. We did at one point have her deep into our hearts.

5+ things today

I had a grand weekend,

work is quiet

Jr Minks is still loving her job

Coffee is tasting goooooood today I need a 3rd

I like my friends.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

:-5

ah well such is life.... people still confuse me.... a cabin in the woods would be nice oh no wait the woods are all on fire... dam IT!

Today is quiet at work. Well in general, me myself despite being in here, am busy.

How would I convince anyone I am a fast typer, in and out and in between I actually work.

What ever hah!

I am still confused by some folks but hey ok.

WTF has changed here?

Oh never mind I don't need an answer I am too old to give that big of a rip. I guess I ought to reserve my opinions anyways.

Lawdee daww dee daw.

I have to admit we got a few newbies in here that are charming. I hope they stay and enjoy themselves.

Anyeeeeeeeeeewhooooooooooooooooooo

my 5+'s today

It has cooled down some outside finally bearable (short lived so I heard)

My oldest and Grandson are coming over for dinner (never turn down free food)

An old male aquaintance ran into the daughter last week and asked about me.

I am almost done work

I found a replacement tube supplier that has promise.

Ok happy Tuesday.

TTFN

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

right off the top 5+ things today

~It is cool outside, we had rain a lot last nite, the house was soo cool and comfy yay

~I have acquired a rather nice man in my life, not sure what to do with him mind you

~Coffee is mighty good

~Bills are caught up

~Work gets a little better bit by bit.

OH brother...... we have FG wars yet again, seems we can't ever be free of conflict. I hope these come and go quickly.

I hope members realize how vulnerable they make themselves when they utter nastiness all over the net. I sound like a mothering hen don't I. But I have experience I think I know what I am talking about.

Oiy that article I read about employers going online checking out myspace and facebook to spy on you was something of an eye opener.

I always maintained the net isn't all that large of an area to roam it just pulls the world closer together in proximity.

Respect yourself, respect others.

Happy Wednesday

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I skipped yesterday cause it was so GD awful here at work. I am hating that prepetual carrot dangling in front of me then having it yanked time and time again. There is problems, I get told there will be people spending time with me to help me... right this never happens until suddenly **** falls downhill and it always lands on my desk. I am tired of that, tired of hearing you are the problem spot of the company YET... nobody has a solution nor will they listen to some of my problems so To hades with them all.... I have learned to document it all and if and when I leave that report will be laid out on my desk for all to see. Sick and tired of it.

I am also tired of hearing oh this place will improve then the next day everybody is having a crapfest!!!

We are small, we suck, nobody gives a rip, they just play the blame game.

I can take the heat but hey if your gonna crap on me you better accept the fact that I have problems you need to address. I ****ing hate being blown off.!!!!!

Whew... that felt good.

I would like to post more here, but I fear I am being "observed" I also fear I have acquired a bit of a stalker person in real life... I dunno what to think or do, I worry this person will be lurking about my place and freak my kid out some day, I guess I could just be blunt with the kid and say call the police.

This person is nice most times, I have had to tell them 2 times I like them as a friend period. NOTHING more. They do not give up. I am a little creeped out that they have been in my yard 2 times now without my consent, sure they left their "toys" in my yard but you still gotta ask permission to come by... Pheck what if either daughter saw this.... ya just don't lurk around a single womans house pheck this person is quickly falling from my friends list, what pisses me off, this person and I can have fun together and has also had fun with me and other friends of mine... Pheckin freak show I am getting pissed off.

I struggle with 5 things today

+ I am going home for lunch

+ I think I am going for a nice drive to the mountains after work

+ I got one IOU paid off by one of my kids today

+ I had a lovely dinner last nite

+ I can see the top of my desk ahahahahahaha

Happy Thrusday

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Friday YAY

I am off to see Nickleback this eve whoooo hooooo I am excited, I am taking my oldest daughter just a pity she is bailing on me early dang I asked her to make a night of it... ah well for the preservation of my liver it's not a bad thing.

Well I had a grand time last nite, I went for a drive to the mountains with a friend of mine we went and picked up his daughter for dinner... yep drove for 2.5 hours ate and visited for 1.5 hours and another 2.5 hours home ahahaha but it was gorgeous out, cool to watch the lightening storm along the way.

Awww I got a lovely compliment today, somebody told me I am one of the reasons they come back to FG again and again ;) thanks you know who you are.

Made me blush actually how sweet.

Ah FG I wish it would settle down, seems we can never get away from the high drama, and vicious attacking mentality.

I do not understand the need to strike at anothers vulnerabilities. Gosh I am coming up to 3 years of being here and this repeats over and over and over. No wonder we loose members left right and center.

I guess I can only hope everybody can sleep peacefully at nite no matter what their actions are.

I am eating sour starbust candies yummy but boy do they leave a nasty after taste.

Well I am glad the weekend is almost here I hope I do not have to content with idiots. I actually think it's time to seriously unload idiots from my RL once and for all. Things are so much nicer without them. Ahahaha until I decide I have a void in time and need to be entertained ahahaha Oh never mind that.

Still killer hot here today, and spose to be so all through the weekend. UGH!

I think somebody is avoiding me hmmm do I ask them or let them go, and never look back. Meh I will work that out eventually... guess I gotta weight how badly the loss will hurt me. hmmmmm

Ok 5+ things today

I have the concert to go to

I ate a healthy good lunch

I got a surprise cheque from the gvt yesterday

I had an awesome trek with my friend last nite

I have a clean house to go home to at days end

Happy Monday. ahaha oops Friday

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Ah the Nickleback concert was great, the other bands that accompnied them were good too. It was awesome to see my daughter up dancing and singing along I guess I made a good choice on the birthday gift whooo hoooo :)

Oh is this heat ever killer stuff. I can barely function, I am hating it. we are so not used to this for so long. Yesterday it was +34C that is 10 degrees than our average summer temp, for me it's just insanely too hot, I barely move. My grass is so long my dog has vanished. Yeah too hot to go out there to mow. Today I am home with a migrane but it's a cooler day, temps are back to normal maybe rain will come I hope it does. But I am not up to cutting the grass. HAH.

Well I may have this dating scene figured out, I spent a lot of time with the kindest, funniest, most generous man around. He is something. We are into about week 3 of knowing each other, I enjoy him alot. My gosh he is old fashioned and opens the doors for me everywhere, good lord he pays for everything tells me always "you money isn't wanted by me" and budges past me and pays. Oiy that is an eye opener I am used to paying my way hehehehe And he understands kids, his are almost the same age as mine so we do a lot of comparing hehehehe It's pretty cool. Mind you he told me I indimidate him I thought oh oh PMS got the better of me he thinks I need a gun ahahaha. And then he embarassed me with.... you are too beautiful for someone as "not so good looking" as me. I only giggled and shook my head. Then said if I didn't like you I would not be spending all this time with you ahahahahaha.

Ack and so far so good I am avoiding my exfriend the stalker. Ugh why me.

My neighbors made me dinner last nite OMG it was good, salmon, fresh steamed spinnach and carrots and roasted potatoes. They are so nice. My gosh that gal next door has come a long way and I am really glad I hung in here and her ex moved out and she got a new man it's fantastic, we have the 3 of us side by side that get together regularly on one or the others front step for a beer or 2 and visit. Weekends usually sunday eves, we pool our resources and cook and eat together and they are starting to plan more and go out places together dancing or catching a flick, I look forward to that I think finally I am looking forward to being social again and staying that way I guess I have missed that over the years.

5+ for today

cooler temps

good neighbors

I had a nice phone chat with my mam

A possible new man

oh and good coffee today :) Vanilla Hazelnut yummy

happy monday weee next week I start my holidays happy days ahead.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Putting money away for those emergancy purchases... great idea but why does it give me that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach when I have to use that money. UGH prolly because it will be January by the time I can replace the funds again. Crikey how does one get ahead. I suck at saving consistantly and my source of income into my savings will end in 1.5 years then what. Oh boy this has me down. I need to save better, but I look at sites that suggest where to cut back and I am already cut back, good gawd how much more can I cut out of my and the kid's life. Ugh!

I guess I can just wait out my car loan then I will have the very little bit per month to use towards a savings. UGH! I always want my finances settled now! I hate uncertainty, crikey not even my job is certain anymore. I can't leave yet I have some holiday time owed me I want that so I am stuck here till November.

I feel gloomy today I know it's because of finances.

I wanted to not have to penny pinch on this upcoming vacation, now it looks like I am going to have to.... dam there was no way around the tire thing, time was an issue as was the fact I am going on the highway, safety first right, yes that is right, good lord I am lecturing myself. UGH again.

Says like this when I hate being the single person without a partner to back up or aid in my decisions and finances.

Ah well it's all for a grander scheme that I am where I am for now. In 2009 I can make big changes.

Ugh I have my daughter wanting me to do one thing and my folks wanting me to do another, I have been asked to go to the daughters house friday eve to see some of her old friends, I said yes awhile ago, my folks want me to go to the lake with them Friday nite so we can only go in one vehicle I originally thought they were going saturday morning, now I am torn. I guess I better chat to daughter next.

I hate being pulled in all directions.

Ok 5+ things today elude me.

The temps have cooled off today (thank goodness)

I am making huge progress at work today

My migraine finally left me

and that is about it. Only 3 today :(

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

My lucky day, I found $6.00 while dumping the garbage from the bathroom. :wah: I know it was intended for Jr Minks awhile back I remember giving it to her, and it some how slid off the counter and landed between there and the garbage pail. Funny that is, Jr Minks and I use the bathroom counter as our message center. Because we are in and out of the house different times we leave messages and money there because it's the one sure room we will both be in before we leave the house. Maybe we need a peg board in there ahahahaha

Aw kids... my gosh I am having a bit of an issue with Jr. Minks she is claiming to be hanging out with a GF but I think it is really the new BF (I have yet to meet) I am suspecting she is lying to me about her whereabouts cause she sure gets all dolled up to go hang with girls. I texted her this last nite when she asked about sleeping over at her GF's house. I said I didn't believe that was where she was. Ugh I remember this age with her older sister, I do NOT want to go through this muck again. And it was muck with her sister. Some days I have to remind myself to just let it go.... odd that is what I keep telling my guy friend about his son. Same age as Jr Minks, similar problems. Dang why didn't children come with operater maunuals?? Instruction books?

I had a very nice evening with my guy friend, hmmm just what do I call him now, seems he wants to be more than friends and I kinda like that idea. He is so very nice and fun to be with, he treats me like a princess, we have tons in common, I have met his kids he has met mine (hahaha this is more daunting than meeting the parents at our ages ahahaha) I like his kids and to be honest it's a huge plus to be seeing somebody with similar parenting beliefs of kids of similar ages. Huge aid in understanding and accepting each other.

I foresee a few small issues I have to wrap my head around with him, and I do see him working on those and has been since before I even met him so that is good. So we shall see.

It feels kinda weird like sticking your toe into the dangerous waters again, should I or shouldn't I. And always the what if I commit what will I miss out there issue for me... UGH but good for me, that feels less daunting this time around. Maybe just maybe I can let the guard down a little finally hehehehe

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on that note my gawd the love of my life called me last nite ahahaha now that is a funny joke.... somebody I have had a rollercoaster friendship with for about 4 years now. My old room mate OMG it was good to hear from him, he's coming for a visit this weekend, dam he better get into town before I leave crazy guy. If ever a person walked the earth with a prepetual black cloud over him, it would be this guy, he can't ever buy a break. Amazingly he bounces back time and time again. I can't wait to catch up with him in the next couple days.

5+ things today

I hope to see my old friend in the next day or so

We have a break in the weather and the cooler temps are a blessing

I may have a new man in my life

2 more days of work and I am off on holidays for 10 days

I am tired but feel pretty good today.

Happy wednesday

Cheers

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I am Seattle Bound. Yep seems due to fire bans and road closures and precautions with smoke in the air... We are changing up our route. We will drive our ass's off to Seattle and area, ok if we were to go without stopping it's only a 10 hour drive pfffft done that before easily.

There is a large theme park out there we are aiming for, sure it's no Disneyland but what the heck, it beats what we got here. Jr Minks is extatic, and OMG I have so much to do before we head out eeeek. Aw we won't sweat it We will do what we gotta do.

I can't wait, it will be a new adventure and I am directionally challenged so I am off to the AMA at lunch for maps hehehehe

Ok 5+ things

prolly all repeats

Holiday bound soon

Sunny day

Can't wait to see my old friend

Going to see my daughter and her old friends tomorrow

Great coffee going for another cup.

Happy Thursday

Minks

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

grand holiday, I must say Jr Minks is a good sport she loves to explore. Minimal details cause eventually I will start a thread with pics. YAY! Or maybe only yay.

Whew it's been a long day today tough coming back to work after holidays. Mind you I also am a bit weary cause I have my dad on my mind with his back surgery and all. I tell ya it's rough business seeing your "superman" down But I shant dwell on it he will be fine or as best as he can be with each passing day. I sure do not want to go up to that dreary hospital tonite. Maybe it's better to go alternative nites give him a bit of a break in between.

People irk me. I have a co-worker who lost his cat this weekend and he came to work yesterday and cried he just could not work it was too much for him and asked to go home UGH!!! I love pets, I own pets, have had pets all my life and.... have had to sit in vet offices while 2 of my pets were put to sleep. Life goes on, I mourned my loss it hurt like hell but I had to let them go. I accept the pain as a pet owner but bloody hell, step into my shoes one day mister rosey life. I bet you don't survive a second... CRAAAAAP get over yerself.

Ok I feel better I know we all have our own personal hell but I do not approve of you making it everybodys hell.

Grumpy pants I know!!!!

Hey I read it was national Creamsicle day in the US that is funny ... just how does one celebrate that.

HAH!

Hey by the way just what the heck is a Canadian Accent? Some little FG birdy here thinks we got an accent ahahahaha funny how we do not recognize our own accents mine you we all can fake an English, Aussie, Scot, Southern USA accent has anyone faked a Canadian one? Pfft this is random thought day today.

Whew I am tired, I went out for lunch with the boss today and had a couple beers now I am tired. And grossly unproductive hahahaha.

Ok mindless ramble here.

Wow, here is something I ponder.

I have a new man in my life, YAY. WOW nice guy. Makes me feel great over all. However I got a few issues but I am trying to see them as minor imperfections as I know we all got them.

1) he is struggling with his weight, I have faith he can reduce it I see his efforts, this is tough for me cause I never ever had to worry on my behalf so I have to tread with caution.

2) suddenly he is saying things like "oh I am terribly this or terribly that around you, I am not alway like this, perhaps one day I should show you the real me. Yep my eyes bugged out at this term too but so far I have no problems with what I see, basically he refers to his "guyness", "manners" and just the fact he thinks it isn't always so polite ok perhaps time will tell.

3) Ugh he is from the Province of weed ahahaha only us Western Canadians get that. But drugs goes a bit against my grain and my attitude is, you gotta love me for who I am, not for who you perceive I am from behind the "haze". Ugh little things for now... we shall see.

Ok 5 +'s today

The work day is nearly over.

I learned there is a light at the end of the work tunnel, there is hope.

We are still having cooler temps.

It's good being back here.

I get to see my grandson tomorrow.

Happy Tuesday

Minks

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

whoo hoo 5+'s first today

Dad is home

I had a great evening with my 2 daughters and grandson.

The temps outside are perfect

I ran into 2 old friends in the grocery store last nite :)

My paper pile is growing smaller.

Whew things like mad....

WOW how can a father be so stupid.... my ex mother in law is in the hospital, well worse yet "The Center", the cancer center for tests. This is freakish cause not 6 years ago the ex father in law died of cancer. We all have awful memories of this place. Ok so back to my daughters father.... he has NOT called our youngest daughter to tell her this. I found out through my brother who found out from friends. Then I asked my oldest who knews barely more than that. The Phecking jerk, I mean how the phecking heck can he not tell his girls, talk to them, take them to see her, for gawd sake they lost their grandpa to cancer, what next. Ooooooo I am pissed off.

Ok onto good things, Dad is home that is thrilling! From what little I have seen he is doing fantastic. I hope this keeps up. Oh update I just talked to him whooo hoooo he sounds great, is feeling good, and has surprised everybody from mom to the Doctors at how good he is doing. He fessed up to me he is a little worried about how good he feels ahahaha silly man.

YAY!

I had an awesome evening with my girls and grandson last nite, I made them no actually we all made dinner, we watched the movie Wild Hogs (funny stuff) and we gave my oldest her pressies that we brought her from our trip, and we looked at pics. It was awesome seing my grandson too :) Yay again.

I ran into 2 old friends in one nite in the same grocery store last nite that was a hoot.

Sadly one's daughters (17 years) is in the hospital, some nerve disorder they can't figure out she has symptoms of MS :( I am so sad to hear this. But she is upbeat I hope all goes well.

The other one had all good news, funny us 3 women were girl guide leaders together at one point what a riot.

Ok work beckons.

Happy Thursday

Minks

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Wow I have fallen behind. Been much to busy wrestling lions and tigers and bears.

Yay Jr Minks is back in school. This with luck will be her final year of public school, she should graduate next spring... OMG I am feeling old, and dreading the day she moves out. I can't help but wonder what I will do with a 3 bedroom house then.... it's going to be too huge for moi. sigh.....

Well well well, our thread on communication got me thinking today. I spent an hour last nite listening to my good friend talk about his past and his ex and his failed marriage and WOW, I thought I had it bad, his really blew!!!! But it was kind of cool that he rambled on for an hour about it, something he never did before, I had no idea it was that awful for him. It sure explains why he is the way he is. And I can't blame him one bit. Funny how some people come across as these tough as nails kind of people but then one day they open a little window and you get a good look inside. Amazing, it sure shows you why people built up that hard exterior, it's protection. (like any guy is ever going to admit that to anyone ahahahaha)

But my point being, if you just listen to people it's amazing what you can learn. Sure that is common sense, I think most days I have a lot of it (hehehehe)

But you get little bits of information on people as you get to know them and you try and piece things together. Sometimes you are way off in left field, and other times you are bang on.

5 good things

short work week ahead

nice weather out there

my dinner is already made for tonite

my yard work is nearly done

i had a decent nights sleep finally last nite.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Ahhhhhh Another day, another $5.00 ok maybe not that but it's a good opening line :)

I am still feeling very sad for my friend and his loss of his wife :( One just can't even begin to imagine the life change when you are the working man and you support your stay at home wife, your 3 month old baby, her 10 year old son and your 16 year old son. WOW, how do people get through this.

I spent a couple hours with my daughters last nite as usual we had a lot of laughs. My wee grandson is just about to take off walking we had him up to about 3 steps unaided. Oh he was having fun at one time he took 2 steps towards me, then plopped down onto all 4's and crawled at break next speed towards me, just a little speed bug that one. And so darn cute. He had is first haircut on the weekend so adorable he looks so handsome now all tidied up whoo hoo look out little girls.

Awwww I am feeling bad for Jr Minks, last nite was her first communications (via text message) from her father in 6+ weeks. It was a horrible reaction from her when she read "hello stranger, how come you never call me, did you mom tell you about "bob's" wife"

Poor Jr minks was upset that this was what pushed her dad to talk with her some event that isn't even family related.

He asked her if she wanted to go to the funeral with him, his wife and the princess. She did not message him back she asked me if I wanted to go and if I would go she would go, and we would go with her sister. So she waited for her sister to come over and immediately told her if she goes to the funeral she would only go with her and myself.

The ex pressed on with both girls and sent messages back to them about meeting him there so they did not have to walk in alone. Neither replied to that.

The girls insisted I go. They both realize how important mine and "bob's" friendship was and how it got torn apart by their father. The girls both reminded me that a month didn't go by when they both worked together that they did not see "bob" and he asked them about me told them to tell me to phone etc. We were very supportive of each other when we hit our blackest points during each of our divorces. We spent many hours crying, being horribly angry, and often laughing. We were there for each others kids, we ate dinners together with the kids, we took the kids places we just knew we all needed each other. Heck at times us 5 look like a right regular family.

Sadly the exhusband pushed a big wedge between me and him as well as other friends so I just bowed out and walked away.

Well I went into another room after we had our conversations about the funeral and when I came back I said "girls do you know what your father is doing" and Jr Minks spoke up first and said "yes, he wants us to go with him so he looks good and that he is a good guy with us" I merely shook my head yes. How sad is that for a 16 year old girl to sense this.

I will go along as support to my friend and his son, I will not allow any of the event be about my family and with luck the ex will leave it be.

I know there will be people from "Bob's" family that will wonder why I am there, and there will be past lost mutual friends who will wonder to, and I know people will spectulate about our past friendship but I have nothing to hide or feel bad about. At one time this was the best and only friend I had and quite simply that is what we were to each other.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

The "service" was lovely. The "minister" was the same minister who resided over my ex-FIL's funeral/cremation. He spoke very little, he read a letter my friend composed for his wife, then her brother spoke, then a friend of the family's spoke, then there was a slide show, and then a reception. So simple clean and upbeat all things considering.

I did get to say a few words to my friend offer some time and hug him and his son. I was very surprised that many of his family members came up to me and hugged me and thanked me for coming.

It was awkward with the ex there and I turned down all invites to join the family afterwards at the parents house. I just did not feel it was my place. I was deeply touched when my friend asked if I wanted to go and see his baby like right away. I said no today is not the day, I said I would like to see you and your kids when you are comfortable and you want time with the girls and I and that we would love to see the baby.

My friend held up well. I am glad I went, and glad my girls were there too. It was awkward for Jr Minks as she was trying for all she was worth to avoid her dad. I think he was both shocked and pissed off to see me there with the girls, my son in law and my grandson. The ex is such an attention seeker he and the goat (his curmudgeon wife) were just dying to grab hold of the grandson and show him off. Crikey they show no discresion. UGH.

I left with Jr Minks right after we spoke with my friend and his family. It was a relief to get out of there. We agreed to get in touch soon.

It's days like this where you just wish life was simple. I got to thinking all kinds of things about my friend, like OMG he has a baby to raise alone, he will be starting parenthood all over again since his son is 15. WOW how does one do it.

Well that is all for today.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Well today I just feel like at person who is standing there looking stern with hands on hips.

I will have closure with luck by the end of this weekend, and I am darn proud of myself for standing my ground.

I have done a friend a favor by allowing him to stay with me for a couple weeks while he worked here before going back home to BC. I also insured his car for him for a spell so he could pick it up and take it home. I was leary about it, and didn't like it, but as a favor I did it. I told him no drinking and driving. Well Monday nite I come home and the SOB was as drunk as could be. I went to bed. Net day left him a note that as of month end his insurance is done I am cutting him off because of his drunk driving.

Last nite the friend arrives home long after I was in bed I suspect he was drinking, WELL!!! when I woke up this morning my front door was half open and my cat had run away. I was livid, I left the now ex friend a note telling him what he neglected the result and that he no longer is allowed in my house he has to leave this weekend. Once I see him leave I will be on the phone and cancel insurance immediately I have had enough, he has over stayed his welcome. And I don't even feel bad about this, just relieved to see him out. Last time he stayed I had to send him out after 6 months, not this time.... I am just happy to loose that bother in my life.

Tomorrow morning I shall drop off my resignation with a good feeling. It will be awful for those left behind because I will be the 4th manager to leave in 5 months. I do not have my formal papers done for the new company but am not worried that will come in the next couple days. Today the fakes are taking my boss and all the staff out for drinks to bid her farewell, it's going to be killer to sit through the BS and uncomfortableness of it all knowing full well I will be next to go. It's almost laughable.

Awww life is funny and certainly never dull for me... ever.

But surprisingly I feel great.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

My time is winding down, I only have today and tomorrow let in this company. I am glad to be going, the past handful of days have been painfully slow, nobody talks to me here, they are all to busy scrambling about trying to keep the company afloat. I can only laugh.... it's also rather sad too. I walked into the office today and stood in the lobby and remembered the work that was put into it to make if look nice and professional, nice fresh paint, gorgeous tile flooring, leather couch, a few plants and it is beautiful. 3 of us contributed to the decorating of it and we were so proud of our work. None the truer reflection of my time here at this company. I came on board as a receptionist, they were desperate for me, they scooped me from another company and offered me 25% higher wage just to secure me. I was happy to come onboard. The president was a vibrant, smart, experienced man with goals like you would not believe. His assistant former boss, and now awesome friend is a woman of vision. She is a real go getter, smart, patient and funny. Between the 2 of them I learned so much. I was honored to be part of this company's growth, they kept me involved and in a short span of time they took me from receptionist to purchaser then added in training and shipping duties. I soon moved to Logistics Manager. I was thrilled to be promoted. During the last half of my time here much changed, a person was hired on who dragged the company to the pit that it is in now. In his time here our wonderful president resigned, our finance guy quit, our sales manager left and I am the last of management to leave.

It's like a ghost town in here, every corner has a memory of some sort of better times.... It makes me sad on one hand to leave however on the other hand I can't sail the sinking ship anymore.

I look forward to my new endeavour I understand I will be crazy busy....

With this change of jobs, I will no longer be the daily Canadian fixture in FG. I won't have the internet at my new job so will only be on the odd evenings and weekend times. I shall miss my daily fix of FG and withdrawl is going to be rought.

But it's not like I am gone forever heck I have been here far to many years to keep away permanantly.

Minks

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

It's all new... ok it's still a work in progress if you can bloody believe that. Wow it has been ages since I been in here. Ok it's just gonna be point form to hades with it looking good

-all is painted

-baseboards are finally affixed

-I have a hall closet door

the new couch and chairs arrived just after christmas

-I have new side tables

-I have my new desk not without struggle mind you, the first one was delivered damaged so this eve the replacement arrived, all flatpack and am to beat to wrestle with that today.

Still left to get

-TV stand and book cases

-floor lamp

-curtains hung

-new blinds for kitchen

-new kitchen table and chairs...

then with luck this home project will be complete, I will be doing the happy dance like crazy by mid next month with luck.

Other things gone on, christmas was lovely yet sad, was the first of many with the grandson, yet the last for a while with my brother and sis in law as they move to mexico this year some time.

New Years was fun, spent it with family.

My job is improving, less doubts now and wow it keeps me busy, very physical which I like cause it keeps the aches and pains of apathy away, but WOW what an appetite I have developed HAH!

My girls are doing good, Jr Minks is on semester break, is busy writing final exams for wrapping up some of her grade 12 classes, it's pretty exciting and stressing. And she keeps working at her job.

My oldest is doing well being a fabo mother to that lovely little grandson of mine. I saw him this past weekend and he's such a treasure, his fave thing to do is slide the kitchen chairs all around the kitchen :-6

I sure miss my time here but life is keeping me so busy.

Cheers to everybody.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Another day and I am upright and functioning yay.

Well I have given up on home improvements, going to sell it all and move into a trailer:-5

Went back to IKEA last week to finally pick up my book cases and TV stand... bloody wonderful... the TV stand won't be available again til August, they changed manufacturers... haha funny that... NOT. So now what buy the book cases anyway and hope the new MFG does not screw up the color match, or wait it out. Well in actual fact I am looking elsewhere but... for the price and for what I want I am not having good luck.:-5

My kitchen table arrived it is gorgeous I love it I had it 3 days and Jr minks put her purse on it and then removed it and guess what it left tiny marks in the finish... customer service phoned me with follow up asking about my table I told them how disappointed i was because it marked so easily. I asked before I bought about the surface... I said this is a kitchen table, it's lovely will the surface mark (its almost black so as you all know black shows everything... think cars) and they said no it's a high quality vaneer over the wood, durable etc. Oddly I could not understand why the table had a glass piece on the top in the show room so I could not poke at it with my finger nail.

I have to go in next week and talk to them:-5

My closet door is warped so when I slide it open and closed it rubs on it's self and leaves a mark. I can't believe it.:-5

I tell ya it makes me mental.

Well aside from all that lets see work blows... but that is a thread of it's own.

My folks are doing well, a couple weekends ago they got the trailer moved down to the site for the summer (still snow around mind you hehehe)

We had an amazing winter this year and last week we had summer temps it was great while all of eastern Canada was buried under feet of snow. Today we have snow meh not enough to worry about.

My oldest daughter the one with the baby is messing up her life quite a bit, she left her man, she lost her job, and she does not have her son full time... I choose not to get into this too much because she is frustrating me with her recklessness at the moment. Good thing mind you, she got another job, and her grandmother on her dad's side is going to pay her way through school to get her to complete her grade 12. Seems grandma is going to bribe her, pay for school, then take her to Las Vegas. Yay I say go grandma go because if this gets her to complete school grandma is a god in my eyes. Keeping fingers crossed here.

Jr Minks changed jobs she is kitchen duty at a seniors retirement home... she has wanted to work there for years and finally is... she is so adorable when she speaks of the elderly. She graduates this year, her graduating class is 500 students... yeah high school graduating class ... huge eh. Her school is the second largest high school in Canada. Needless to say I will have to sit through about 5 hours of students that day... I still have to tell work I need almost a whole day off for her ceremony hehehehe

Funny bits of life... carma... the ex husband got caught by the tax department for not filing his taxes... had to refinance his house or some silly thing so he could pay his debt to them.... the frustrating part, this has put a freeze on about $6,000.00 he owes to me. Yep the government put a halt to him paying all his support he owes for now. P-ricks.

And some days I wonder what keeps me going.

Beer, my friends, my folks I guess

Have a great day all.

M

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Oh and one last funny bit

I heard an odd buzzing in my house I traced it to what I thought was my thermostat so I took it off the wall and listened to it and still could not figure it out, I unhooked the wires and low and behold it was still humming. I hooked up one wire and when I went to re hook up the other sparks happened... nothing big nothing heart stopping so I let it dangle there for a few moments while I pondered what the noise was. I called a friend and asked about the sparks and was I doing something wrong and he said no just re-attach and it should be fine as should I hahaha so I did, put it all back on the wall. Meanwhile the hum went on... finally it dawned on me, there above me was the doorbell fixture... it was humming I guess when I pulled the junk mail from my mailbox I hit my doorbell switch and it was stuck depressed... I went outside to see and sure enough it was stuck, a quick flick to the button and presto no more humming.... yes some days I have to wonder..... how does one aquire these life skills to be able to live alone hmmmmm???:wah:

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Back again and no still no done with my house, but almost there, I have curtains in the living room, blinds on the kitchen windows. A closet door finally, but I do not have my wall unit. Oddly Ikea has a delay until August on the piece I need so instead of risking a mis match I am waiting it out. As well along the way I ran out of $$.

I did get a new stove and dishwasher and they look great.

My work is still a rather glum story, I am holding out through the summer as I have been promised Overtime money for a project that will take about 3 months to work on after hours. I sure hope they come through on this I could use that extra cash.

I have taken a couple small trips up north to small town Alberta. First was to my best friends hometown... it was wonderful and amazingly I saw the grandest display of my life, The Northern Lights... never seen them before (crazy city girl never gets out eh) They were brilliant green and moved all around the sky it was stunning.

Second trip was just a few weeks ago with my new guy, went to his folks place and met the majority of his family for the first time. What great people. They made me feel so relaxed and welcome. We had to impose upon his sister and extra 24 hours as we were entrenched in a nasty snow storm that prevented highway travel... Great way to miss work.

Girls are good, as is grandson more on them another time.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

They gave my baby a Mohawk haircut... OMG, yep my wee grandson sports a mohawk hairdoo... Not sure I like it, I feel he is a we bit too young for one it ruines his adorable baby boy look hehehehe

Exhausting week yet I wonder why I am set here alone on a Friday nite. Hmm prolly cause I am so exhausted.

I have am trying to imagine what is must be like to have a long distance relationship... ugh mine can hardly qualify as long distance yet when we both work late or have some things to do we don't get to see each other in a night :( Tough when we live this far apart... and yet it hardly seems far at times but it's certainly not to impromptu :(

Aw I spose being old and tired contributes to it too hehehehe

I have had enough of my current job, I can't wait to get out of there, nothing holds me there the place is so poorly run and there is staff leaving all the time, I sure hope something good comes out of next weeks interview. I am so excited.

I have to wait 2 weeks to get my car repaired last week we got hit by a truck... no injuries to Jr Minks and I but my poor little car took a beating ... about $4,500 worth of damage. Funny thing it was an off duty police officer that hit us... sheesh..

My mother called me and told me I should join them this weekend at the trailer as it's my brother and sister's lat time out there. She said I need to set up a time to see them before they leave for mexico... incase you don't know, they are moving there. Oddly I am a tad angry at them because they are leaving at a time where my dad's health is failing, there is no "son" to help dad with the things dad needs help with (there is only me and my brother and of course I have "the man" but he does not live in the city and can't be there for dad as much as dad needs but he tries. Bless his soul as we have only been dating for 7 months. I am also a bit ripped because mom said get your girls over there to see them the house is sold and their time is booked up by friends wanting to say goodbye... I thought to my self "well just what in hades is wrong with them that they can't inform me and set up time to say good by to their only neices and grand nephew?" Mom said they could just up and leave any day now... I simply rolled my eyes and thought well fare thee well have a nice time.

Sadly they have grown very far apart from me since my divorce and they make it very clear that I am not in their "social financial group":-5 Pity because by cutting me off they cut my girls off.

Did I mention I can't wait to get a new job?

Here is a quote I thought to share with you from a book I want to buy.

"a newborn calf; a pet that lives and dies, a worn path through the woods; a fort nested in stinging nettles; a damp, mysterious edge of a vacant lot - whatever shape nature takes, it offers each child an older, larger world separate from parents. Unlike television, nature does not steal time, it amplifies it. Nature serves as a blank slate upon which a child draws and reinterprets the culture's fantasies. It inspires creativity in a child by demanding visualization and the full use of the senses. Given a chance a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion. Nature can frighten a child, too, and this fright serves a purpose. In nature, a child finds freedom, fantasy and privacy: a place distant from the adult world, a separate peace"

Richard Louv, author of Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Holy blessed mother of pearl and swollen rivers, the sun is out... praise be. Wow I am certain it has been over 10 days straight that we had rain... Glory be it's broken... yeah and here I sit on the computer in doors ahahaha

Well the job search front has ground to surprising halt. I did have an interview Monday at the Distillers, yes the make booze... gosh imagine me working there ahaha... interesting how you walk into a place and immediately you like it. It was a good interview, they have a week to go then they will decide but I suspect the deal breaker for me is wages, I know I asked high but I shant settle. But here is a cool thing I was told by one of the interviewers she said "our hours are roughly 8 till 4:30" then she paused and said well no really we try and leave around 4:15 because the road out of the area gets incredibly clogged with rush hour traffic so the company thought it was a good idea to let staff go 15 minutes early... now doesn't that speak volumes about this company, such a small gesture but it's still a company that is thinking of it's people. You bet your booty I would like to work there but I don't think they can afford me but I am not upset... oh incentive number 3 a bottle of ones choice per month wow some good old canadian whiskey anyone hehehehe

However.... on the job front... I got word today there is a very good chance we (my best mate and co-worker) could be getting a hand out from someone to get our business started if all the ducks line up.... I shall not say too much at the moment but it's very positive. WOW I sure hope this works...

Well you know the old saying... all good things come to those who wait.... whooo hooo it's my turn, it's my turn.

On the furnishing front, well I got my TV stand, brought it home, and set it up only to be brutally let down when my 5 disk DVD player did not fit in to it...:-5 I am so dense for not measuring but thas ok, going to do a swap with my mate and it will look awesome, next step this month and final one is the book cases I am soooo stoked.

I finally get my car repaired next week... forget if I mentioned but May 22 Jr Minks and I were hit by a truck... about $4000 worth of damage, this is before they even open up my hood... Luckily Jr Minks and I were not hurt, and I am in a fashion glad about the repairs because about a year ago someone put 2 nasty scratch's down the length of my hood... oooo my baby is going to look good again... whoooo hoooooo.

I have been in touch with my old friend R who last year lost his wife to a mysterious death.... Finally we went out for a couple drinks last week. I can't begin to tell you all how good it was to see him.... We had so much to catch up on, and he just needed and old friend to unload on... We talked for quite a few hours...so good to catch up.

Well that is my updates with the latest and greates.

Cheers

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

:-6

Well it's been one week almost to the hour... but last thursday evening after work I drove to a nearby pub (not a surprise at all eh) and who did I meet there (not a surprise it was planned) but FG's very own Fisher!! Woooo hooooo and his most adorable wife and lovely daughter. Oh lordy it was a blast... they have the greatest east coast accents... Fisher has way to many sick jokes to tell but did we ever have a good laugh. His wife is the teeeniest cutest sweetest gal around... reminds me very much my best friend I had back in my 20's. Did I tell you that Mrs Fisher? I bet I forgot sheesh. And their daughter is lovely, not shy a bit. So we had drinks and told stories and had a good laugh. Friday they had to fend for themselves in the big city while I went to work. Friday evening I rushed from work to their hotel and picked Mrs Fisher and Fisher up and brought them by my place for a BBQ. They were having so much fun until.... the mosquitos got ugly. So I treated them to some slumming at my local pub with my drunk neighbors ahahaha not really my neighbors were very well behaved. Then we left and tried to get into the Newfie Bar (that is a slang term for someone from Newfoundland) but there was a cover charge of $5.00 and us cheap old farts said no to that and they went back to their hotel and we (my guy and I) left for home. The next day I took them to our world class zoo. It was a lovely hot day, we got to see the 6 week old baby Gorilla... not real cute ahahaha, Mrs Fisher was totally in love with the giraffes and Fisher Jr. She was most disappointed in the Hippo's because the never moved all day (we did go back and check on them)

After the zoo Fisher was dying of malnutrition so we took him to Swiss Chalet (restraunt no idea if they are Canadian only) and it was the one Jr Minks works at and her boss gave us 20% off our entire meal... nice eh.

We were so exhausted again, we went our separate ways and called it a night before the sun even set... (old I tell ya)

Sunday again we hit the road, I picket them all up and off we went, for a drive in the country... south, on a scorching hot killer hot day. It was great fun for me to listen to The Fisher family oooohhhh and ahhh at our "wide open spaces" I took them to a Native American Historic site called "Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump" It is an interpretive center run by our Native Americans and it's a well known Buffalo Jump site. http://www.head-smashed-in.com/

History Note, a buffalo jump is cliff and what the native americans did before horses and guns (this site apparently was used some 6000 years ago) Soo the natives would literally funnel the buffallo using themselves and large stones (apparently buffalo have bad eyesite and teeny brains) to the cliff and in the panic and fear they (buffalo only) would go over the edge. At the bottom of the cliff the women and children would "dress out" the dead animals... they used everything except the skulls.

So there we were on the top of the cliff and Fisher just could not get over how far he could see... I tried to convince him he was seeing Saskatchewan (the province to the east of us) and the US border (south) ahahaha

From there I took them into the small town of Nanton to the antique store my guy was working at and then into a pub for refreshments. Again by the time we got home...we were exhausted.

Monday I worked so they carried on their way to Banff National Park... http://www.banffalberta.ca/

Tuesday was a holiday

Because... it was Canada day

So my guy and I went up to Banff and caught up with the Fisher family and we took in some Native American Dancing... a performing horse that Fisher jr would not go hug... tsk tsk tsk, we watched the parade, enjoyed the pubs (yeah story of my life eh) We have fun in one of the pubs, Fisher, Fisher Jr, my guy and I all ordered different beers and were passing them around so everybody could sample them... Mrs Fisher drinks tea so when her tea came, she added her sugar/milk and piped up..."anyone want to samply my tea" hehehehehe

It was a grand day, pity it rained on and off and was grey but it was a bit of a break from the heat from the day before... I think the Fishers were happy because I know the heat was getting the better of them the day before.

At the end of the day it was a round of warm hugs and promises or maybe threats of us going to their fine province in 2 years.

I loved the time we shared they are fantastic people and we had a blast. I will work on uploading some pics to the photos area.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

it's been a while.

Wow how is it some momumental moments in ones life just sneak up one ones self?

I have been feeling a little "reflective" lately. Mostly because last week my baby came to age, yep she hit the legal drinking age for this province.

We took her out and she got quite plastered with her dad, stepmom, myself, my friends and many of her friends. It was quite the ecclectic collection of people but fun. I can't belive my girl is all grown up... wow I still talk about her antics from 14 years ago.

My grandson is just peachy He has an extensive vocabulary and is putting a few words together to form loose phrases. One of the best was when his mom gave him a light smack on his diaper padded butt and he came to me to tell on her and said "mom, bum, smack":yh_rotfl and pointed to his little tushy most adorable kid he is.

I decided to enlist the help of my grandson for decorating my christmas tree and as soon as I opened the box of decorations he reached in to grab the pretty ball (it is quite ugly really, and suffered horribly from a flood one year, yet I held onto it because it came from my grandmothers tree) so he grabbed it and thought it was a bouncing kind of ball and promptly thew it to the ground expecting it to bounce. Both my girls were horrified, held their breath and watched to see my reaction. All I could do was giggle, what does a 2 year old know. I did take a photograph of it in its shattered bits and saved it for ooo say his wedding day.

2 weeks before christmas I got terribly ill, I dragged myself to work but just could not shake whatever it was... it was a cold and flu thing with pain everywhere. I missed 3 days of work and still could not get well

Christmas was nice, very quiet as my folks were in Mexico with my brother and I was still ill. We had lasagna for christmas dinner because that was all the energy I had. I got to see my oldest and her family on boxing day and open gifts with them, it was like having 2 christmas days. I got many lovely gifts, my girls and man spoiled me terribly.

Work is slow, lay offs are anticipated but with luck it will be field staff as opposed to admin staff. The new business plan is on hold but that is ok, I don't think this is prime time to start up a new business venture, the economy would eat us alive.

All has been going pretty well. I am deep into the research for my trip to Italy, the more I read up on things the more comfortable I am getting with going to a foreign country of a different language.... I Can't wait. Jr Minks and I are just jiggling with anticipation. I shall take a ton of pictures. We plan to stay for a week in Rome then head south to Sorrento... should be lovely.

Well that is all for now, I am sure I forgot lots.

TTFN Minks.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

PPtatoes, dabbs and dupper,

Awww that little love bug of mine is expanding his vocabulary like crazy. He repates everything now it's great. PPtatoes are sweet potatoes, dabbs is crabs, and dupper is supper. He even talks to my man on the phone and tells him we are making dupper... what a gem.

Right now he is my little light of joy.

I felt so sad today watching the boys from work play their last hockey game before many of them get laid off. I just can't get over how badly this all makes me feel. My coworker and I who manage inventory border crossings and product control have developed a grand rapport with all of our field hands and have grown to enjoy their pressense when they are in town. They are a great bunch of guys with awesome attitueds.

We went out to the arena at lunch today to watch them all play hockey and it was tough to keep up the happy face knowing that 1/3 of them will be gone from our company on Monday. I received "the package" today into shipping that I know contained many final pay cheques and notices of termination... very sad indeed.

I shall miss my beloved "boys" I hope with luck a few of my favorietes will not go the first round.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Monday afternoon and the count sits at 13 gone. They cut 13 jobs from only one department today.

Some felt by noon they were safe, once we returned after lunch, they were gone too. Moral is incredibly low and I am doing my best to not put the donkey before the cart.

A glimmer of hope is that out of the 3 of us in this department one has had multiple warnings in the past 2 years and perhaps this person will be among the chosen. On the flip side this person has some kind of mystery tie to the president.... yes, no, yes, no who of us will go??

BTW thank you Robbie for the kind PM's it all helps a little.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

People are funny. Let me first start with... so far so good I still have my job yay yipee but tomorrow starts a new week... so we shall see.....

Pity I have to put off my holiday planning because of all this. But better safe than sorry. We rang in at 17 laid off out of 109 cast members at work.

Friday we went out for lunch with some co-workers. I like all but 1 of them but hey for the sake of Morale you do what you gotta do. I sat with the girls (3 of us who are friends) and 2 ops managers and then were joined by the IT guys, R&D guy and lab guy. They sat at a table behind us....

Well holy mother of pearl do men gossip (in my company 10% of us are girls). At our table alone the men were gossiping about a member from the other table:yh_rotfl Never say women are the worst ahahahahaha Ah but lunch was fun and it ended up being free as one of the Ops guys picked up the tab. It is funny because us girls do friday lunch weekly and suddenly everybody is on board for this... hmmm so this is what it's like to be the popular ones.

Ok so as the day goes on we 3 girls are in a meeting of sorts when a different Operations guy comes in and asks where we are going for beers after work....OMG more beer well what the heck we better go or we could be the topic of gossip ahahahaha This time it's different people again coming out with us, and a whole new batch of victims to gossip about... Good lord what a crazy company.

Well I belive we have to keep in the social loop of work when it's upper management asking you out just to "talk" off the record. Funny how it's us girls all the time.

My daughter's and I are off to the museum this afternoon, the key display is Marilyn Monroe, it looks amazing I can't wait. It should be a fun afternoon with just us 3. We have a very good museum and they rotate some pretty interesting features in and out of there.

I can't remember if I can take pictures or not ah well who knows. Will take the cam incase.

Happy Sunday All.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

A special shout out to Floppy today... Congrats on expecting grand baby number 3 I hear ya on the crying part that brings back memories for this fellow grandma too.

Well if I were to title this posting it would be

2's and wii's

I have a funny little story to tell you all.

One evening I was blessed with the company of all my children. My oldest daughter and her family, and my youngest daughter and my folks. We were having an enjoyable evening digesting our dinner and watching the son in law play the wii. He was just playing tennis as his 2 year old son was mimicing him with an old expired cell phone. Grandson thought it was fun to use the little phone as his hand held gaming tool... well silly us adults, all thinking it would be awful if the cell phone slipped from his hand and hit my 40" lcd screen.... ahahaha yep real funny yup yup....

Well it happened... there it was a smack, and instand very colorful verticle and horizontal lines running through the picture of my TV. Well the pregnant pause was soooooo long I could have baked an angel food cake in that time... well I didn't know what to do, I just shrugged, and turned off the TV and we all felt awkward. I wanted to just ask everybod to leave so I could mourn the loss of my TV alone and wallow in my own misery and allow all the other mishaps to come back to me regarding my personal belongings that I have saved my blood sweat and tears for. Well oldest daughter jumps up finally grabs grandson, removes him from the room and tells him he did bad. I get up and go upstairs and cry. After a second or 3 oldest comes up and says she is sorry, they will replace it, and brings grandson to appologise. I try not to let grandson see grandmas tears but daughter says "he needs to know he made you feel bad" well I felt bad and picked him up and we both cried. Then I was better.

Well my $1000.00 TV was to cost $1600.00 to fix. So we called insurance, got an estimate on a new one and in the end insurance covered half of the cost for a new on and my daughter paid the other half.

Well we all learned a big lesson and now can look back and have a giggle about this. I see this as being an ongoing family comedy issue for awhile.

Awww life ain't it grand.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I have spend many an hour on the internet drooling. No not at sites with buff men... pictures of Italy. OMG I can not belive I am going there for a vacation. I am over the top excited.

I am a bit of a research nut so found this site to be an amazing source of information, tripadvisor.com, along with travel reviews from expedia.ca. I love the ease of the net to do this kind of research.

Originally Jr Minks and I were going to split our 16 days between Rome and Naples. Then I got to thinking we still won't see "everything" so why not plan a little and get out to Venice too. Well after all my planning for Rome and Naples I had to research Venice because I don't know too much about it beyond gondolas and canals. Well I was thrilled to find out more about it and get some great reviews. I have to say it is most enjoyable to read stories about what travellers have to say about hotels. I take a trip to enjoy what the region has to offer. As long as the bed is available and clean and no water leaks on my head I can be happy in most hotels. I have been gearing our stay to include what we refer to as "character" hotels. I detest new fangled high rise hotels that are all glass and steel... no thanks that takes away from the ambiance of the holiday. I have come across this cool place in Venice called the Hotel Alle Guglie and I think this is it. It backs onto of course a water alley, and on the front side street side is a lively market. It will be facinating to just walk out of our hotel and be into the thick of Venice. It is old, and has great reviews and I am in love with it. I know people will write oh it was small, noisey, the free breakfast was unsatisfactory but who cares. I don't need an estate room, spa, pool, gourmet etc. I want it simple and memorable Again the reviews of this place are wonderful. I can't wait. This is exactly what I am basing my stays on for Rome and Naples too. So what if I am across from the Trevi Fountain and hear the water all nite I think that will be glorious. BTY Jr minks sleeps like a rock and I can always bring sleeping pills along.

I am soooooo darn excited.

We are planning to go in the early part of September and would like to be there for La Notte Bianca La Notte Bianca in Rome

But currently there is no date set but we won't get to worried about that if we don't make it then Ce'est La Vie.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

tic toc

tic toc

and time marches on.

What a week, just an utter emotional roller coaster... the worst is still yet to come.

Last Sunday a great man succumbed to death. He had battled brain cancer for 5 years. This man did not deserve to die before 70. He was the picture of health for many years of his life. He was diagnosed with diabetes but was such a healthy man he managed it perfectly, ate proper, did his exercise, cut stress from his life by leaving his long time job and moved into a new one that enabled him to relax more. He had a wonderful loving wife, 2 brilliant children one of whom was actually head hunted/sought out by the Disney Corporation. Both children are devoted to family and extended family. He was active in his community for decades and the church... he and his wife were avid curlers. You just could not meet nicer man. I am saddened to say my ex uncle in law Don Walker has passed on far far before his time.

Uncle Don, I shall miss you dearly.

I have not seen my past uncle for about 6 years and I can't begin to tell you how shaken I have been by his passing. I have been kept informed of the funeral time via my children and ex husband and have gone from thinking I should go to the funeral, and I should not as I have not been a part of that family for years.

Jr Minks told me the other day, I should go because "it's the right thing to do". My youngest daughter has said I should go because she would like me to go. The idiot ex husband said I should go to prove to his family that he and I still talk (yes hand me the gun now).

I have decided I will go, out of support and respect to a family I once loved unconditionally. My oldest daughter told me "you know when you go to the funeral you will make people cry" That made me cry more.

Yesterday I received a message on my phone ... it was my ex sister in law, she left a lovely message for me saying the children of uncle each asked her to contact me and ask me and ask my folks to come to the funeral, they would really like to see me there. She also said she would like to see me there and said i could call her anytime I wanted too. More tears.

This has been so difficult for me because for years I have not been in touch with these people and I know my divorce pulled the family apart and these people who have asked about me are family members of the ex husband who do not like the ex husband since the divorce.

It's just been up and down and up and down with the emotions. Tomorrow is the funeral and I am a nervous wreck.

On a high note my oldest had her 22nd birthday yesterday and her sister planned a small surprise party for her which was excellent and the oldest was so shocked as she just felt overwhelmed with the emotional week.

To add to the down side for the oldest daughter she found out her step mother has breast cancer so she had to here from her father the sad news.

Gosh isn't adulthood fun.

Well another day another adventure.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I still have burning eyes from all the crying.

I went to the funeral Friday. It was one of the most difficult challenges I have faced in a long time. I had no idea I would be so nervous and unsure of myself like that ever again.... I thought over the last 5 years I had grown a pretty good backbone and could withstand a lot. WOW not so.

It started Friday while driving to the church with Jr Minks and I getting lost and having to call the other daughter to find us with her GPS and we get to the church (idots eh) and while on the phone the ex husband called. He could not reach me, so called Jr Minks he had a big woodie on for ensuring the girls and I showed up with him. I did not want to.

Well when we got to the church there was the ex and his mother in law.... now let me remind the world.... this is the woman I phoned at the beginning of the end when I wondered what was going on with her son, my then husband and she told me it was not her business and I was on my own... yep I still have not forgiven her and her lack of trying to help me. Ok so whatever.

I told my girls they could sit with whomever they choose I would not be sitting with their father, I dont like him, don't have some big happy happy joy joy proving to do to anyone, nor did I want people to think what he wanted them to think.... all things were peachy between he and I and his new wife.... I hate lying.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who comes to my rescue but the very lovely, ever wonderful ex sis in law. We hugged and cried and cried and cried and told each other how badly we missed each other. I hugged her kids, she mine, I failed to recognize my own brother in law and had to appologize to him when I did only so after he spoke. The insisted I sit in the family part of the church with them. It worked out well I did not sit with the ex husband. Oh but as people arrived I could not stop the tears as old memories flooded back and how much I missed family and friends from that side of my life. During the ceremony was a photo session and when the old family photos came on I again could not stop crying. I missed everyone so much and I was a mess.

Afterwards there was a reception and wow, I swear I made more people cry than the funeral did. Cousins from near and far, my aunt in law, old friends, old friends of the families, people where were at my wedding, many people I did not recognize and my oldest had to tell me who they were. Oiy it was tough. I was drained. I finally was able to leave 3 hours later. I was exhausted, I left with promises to keep in touch with everybody I was so deeply touched by how every one told me they missed me so badly.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

I don't know how many times I have used the term "this is ****ing bull *****" in the past 2 weeks around here.

I think there should be a quota and if you hit that quota it's time to find a better job.

OMG the people with the lowest pay are now the major decision makers, now bear the burdens of making the crucial decisions, now have to correct procedures, errors and bull *****. I am at my wits end. The blantant "I don't care until it breaks" attitude around here is choking me. I come to work every day thinking about stabbing people in the eye with a fork. Yep I am angry and upset and frustrated. I have just had to vent... I can't be lil miz sunshine anymore. I want out, but there is nowhere to go right now....:-5 Heck I have had to make appologies for my outbursts around here, I have had to tell on people, I have had to hammer my fist into my hand to stress my point, make demands to prevent work for myself and my 2 co-workers, and whined about the fact I am not paid enough to be this stressed at my low man on the totem pole level... this is not me. I may die. UGH!

Ok thanks I feel better now for the next 6.9 minutes.

Have a nice day :confused:

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Ahhhhh the work day is winding down and I am fading quickly. I am so tired, and still so sick good lord I am tired ooo said that already.

I was reading some good threads here today and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo connecting to chat with Raven again bless you sis it's always a good feeling.

Anyways I was just thinking random thoughts and checked into my journal here and see I have written nothing about my trip to Italia, and Munchen hmmmm better get on that... one day

Today I am just blathering.

work is more bearable now that I have had my great vacation (even while I am sick)

Home life is slow, I just can't pick up the pace this week, I have cleaned in stages, sadly as one area gets cleaned another gets dirty.

my clothes dryer does not dry only spins uselessly ah well I can hang dry clothing at least the wash machine works. (I had to hand wash a few items on the trip no thanks for more of that ahahahah)

it is darn cold here in Cowtown so cold that snow is expected and in the mornings there is frost on my car windows, ah well what can we do but bundle up.

I want to go back to Italy ahahahaha

Oddly none of this really upsets me lately it's just inconvenient.

Hmmm either I am real sick, or the vacation was a kind of therapy.

Ok enough for today.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Well that's another Thanksgiving under my belt. It was very nice, a bunch of us who never made a turkey dinner before pulled it off. Yep my guy friend got a turkey from work, my daughter suggested we cook it, so between us and my guy friends son we made turkey dinner for 9. Not bad for a bunch of rookies.

Thankful we all survived :)

The weekend was wonderful, it was darn cold, and snowed (yes living here is always a joy... NOT) but a good weekend to hibernate.

Sadly though I had to have a discussion with my daughters regarding our old dog. It has come to the point of deciding to have him put down. He is a very unpleasant breed of dog, well known for biting and barking. I suspect he is loosing his sight as I recognize the behavior from a past dog we had. He has bit before and so far nobody has sued me. The turning point is he has nipped at my grandson and my daughter (he grew up with my daughters). Obviously he has forgotten who she is and even when spoken to he has forgotten. Both Jr Minks and I work full time and his exposure to people is horribly limited. He is old, and miserable and I can not give him away in good conscience to anyone knowing full well he is unpleasant.

I know many people would disagree with me, but I can't allow this to go on. He is very unsettled these days and barks and growls at everything. As well he is old. I know in my heart this is the right thing to do. Sadly I can not have my grandkids in my house now as he is not to be trusted. He would never survive farm life as he has been an indoor dog forever. It's a terrible feeling by my heart tells me it is the right decision.

Prolly the one who will suffer the longest over this will be the other dog, I hope she will survive the loss of her housemate, she has always had him around.

I just had to get that off my chest.

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Facebook!!! I don't think so, ok for anyone from here who has asked me to please add them as a friend I am very sorry I have not done so. I am a firm believer in staying away from facebook.

Please do not take it as a slight against anyone and I ask for your acceptance of my decision.

Well it feels like it's time to update the old journal.

1) my dog has taken a mysterious turn for the better some how he must have known he was in the short line to doggy heaven because he has seemed to calm down and is quite a pleasant old fart. I am blissfully happy I changed my mind at the last minute to not have him put down. All things for a reason I spose.

2) I am sooooooo excited about christmas I am about to bust. I just can't wait to spend the day with my grand kids and enjoy the joy of them tearing into gifts. Gosh this is what it's all about.

3) work is work is work still rumors on the wind about lay offs in the new year but so be it. I hope I make it onto the next round of held employees for now. Not going to stress over this.

4)The girls are doing great.

5) an old friend of mine got in touch with me last week and we are going to get together in the new year it's been a way to long a time between visits. I can't wait. I have missed him dearly.

6) I think I am finally going to go to Mexico to see my brother in the new year. Just gonna take a week off and go. My folks will be there for part of the time as well and everybody is pressing for me to come south so I shall oblige.

7) I had the very rare and unusual pleasure last weekend of meeting my first HA member....um ya some very colorful people you meet when at a biker party.

8) we all survived the hellish storm of 2 weeks ago -32C was awful not to mention the mountains of snow that fell. It was soooooooo bad.

So anyways

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

― Mae West
minks

Mink's Moments

Post by minks »

Christmas!!!

That was my last posting good lord I am slow. Meh whatever.

Well it's been a rather emotional week for me We are deep into the throws of wedding planning (yes my oldest daughter is to be wed in August)

It is so very exciting, she has asked me to be maid of honor. The planning has been going on for well over 4 months. Just yesterday I realized I have to make a speech OMG you are kidding me. Well ok for her I shall :D So I have surfed the web and gathered up bits and pieces and templates and ideas and threw them on paper. Last night at home I started to compile them and found a kind of theme I wanted to go with and next thing I knew 3 pages later I had my speech WOW I was thrilled. Oh I stopped every now and then to wipe a few tears aside. I am a firm believer of a touching speech with a gentle sprinkling of light humor. I am really happy with my speech and look forward to putting it onto cards to read.

Jr Minks informed me yesterday she got a $2.00/hour raise and a move in position to where she will like more and be able to use her skills more. I was sooooo thrilled. This has been great news given the fact that the dear girl has been overly scattered lately and has asked me about medication for her ADHD.

Of course I told her this is between her and her doctor and she needs to arrange to have a thorough discussion with her dr and see what all is entailed from side affects, therapy, daily coping skills, the lows, etc.

Today she messaged me she slept in and feels deathly un-motivated for work and does not understand what is going on with her.

I was crushed. Just deeply saddened for her. The past month has been a whirlwind mess for her, she took her first vacation away from me and the pre- vacation arrangements were hades given the fact she had lost id documents, had an outstanding traffice violation and all kinds of things she left too long to get tidied up.

She darn near got held in Mexico because she forgot to bring her exit documents with her.

She is going through a very very discouraging time and I am so worried about her and it's so heartbreaking to watch her struggle and it's tough to keep reminding her to stick to a routine when she is an adult and has her own ideas.

Awwwww maybe I am going to end up with her living with me forever. My poor precious baby.

More good news mind you... my grand daughter is up to 10 steps now, yes the little sweetheart is walking I can't wait to see her go. My oldest daughter is so thrilled and proud. The little darling is 13 months old and very rounded so I am sure she will slim down some now, not that there is concern with her weight. Ahhhhh the joys of grand children they bring back all those amazing memories of raising our own children.

This weekend was my first bike ride of the year. It was a cool one temps were only 14C so I was dressed like an eskimo, ya I don't look so cool on the bike but I never care, I don't want to freeze for the sake of looking cool. My guy never cares either he always worries about me being cold and is always offering up extra clothes for me but I was very well prepared. I don't want a repeat of a 3 hour trip we took one night and froze almost to death. :wah: It was a short ride but most enjoyable. There is something very impressive about 20+ bikes roaring down the highway.

My gf and I are making strides towards our own business and we are enjoying the process. I hope we succeede this will be new for me to run a business but the craft is not new and it's what I love to do.... beadwork. More on that at another time.

Well happy friday we are expecting snow again yipeeeee. (:()

cheers

― Mae West

Return to “Journals”