Nomads Journal

Journals - The Events of Your Life.
Nomad

Nomads Journal

Post by Nomad »

These are some of my thoughts on life, love, living and what not. As my thoughts occur Ill leave them here for whomever might be interested in reading them.

If you are unkind to yourself you will be unkind to others, and if you are negligent of yourself you will be that to others. Only by feeling compassion for yourself can you feel compassion for others.

Why do we hate one another ? Why do we persist in this destructive aversion ? What is it that enables us to commit acts of hostility and perversion upon one another. Could it be a lack of understanding or an unwillingness to relinquish the side of ourselves that remains vulnerable ?

Love is not a passive state. It is an active force. A force of the soul.

As is hate and degradation and racism the purposeful intent of destroying anothers heart or mind and soul.

This is what Im asking, are our differences really that great ? Just as the many times human beings find themselves in circumstances where the hurt or the pain is so great that on their own power they cannot forgive. Then that would be the time to bow and ask or beg for guidance and wisdom. Hate is a powerful tool that we use for vengeance and the engine that fuels and drives our hateful intents.Do we start out intending to hate ? Or is it an aquired taste we just cant seem to let go of ? Are we even aware of our own intents ? I suspect at many times were not, as awareness is a heightened state of bliss and acceptance of ourselves, others and the world we live in. What is hate except darkness, the absence of light ? I dont think its something that should be avoided but rather intensely explored and delved into.

To find and isolate the source of our own misgivings, doubts or inabilities is a step towards light. Its an admittance of imperfection and a realization that we lack an essential ingredient that provides for a complete awareness of ones self, and allows for the beginning of healing.

After all when we hate who are we really hurting ?

We can profoundly affect the happiness and health of those around us but unless we can truly love ourselves we cant heal the wounds we have created for ourselves. Our wounds will never heal if we perpetuate them and indefnitely feed them with the source of their cause.

In order to make a healing change within ourselves as I said we must isolate and define the source and intensity of the pain that we carry with us.You have to be clear in your thoughts about your purpose and intent for a gentler path for your soul to travel on.

Be mindful of the words you use, be clear that you are what you say, you are what you do, how you present your actions to the world. What you do is how you become.

Ive learned this in my own life. To change habits, to change desires, to change at all is one of the hardest things we can do.

To forgive is one of the hardest things we can do, it leaves us vulnerable. But at the same time it strengthens our character it provides a new outlook, it heals. It allows us to move away from pain.

We all of us are blessed human beings. We experience similar struggles, climb many of the same mountains and cry the same tears. We love. We have the potential to be extraordinary. We are different yet we are the same.

I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Nomads Journal

Post by Nomad »

11-13-05

Seems to me there comes a point when science as it stands now stops and faith begins. Were incapable now of understanding all the intricacies of our world and beyond, though we should never stop trying. At the point we realize this is beyond earthly comprehension is the point we either seek answers through matters of heart rather than intellect, or we blindly discount the possibility of a higher power than ourselves and stay true to our stubborn instincts that man is Godly and all knowing.

The argument of nature vs a higher power is lacking one key ingredient. A beginning. And this has always been the crux of the illusion that we know anything. We dont. We believe....one way or another way. We do or do not have faith. Your faith may provide for you a profound "knowing" but your faith isnt something that can be proved or disproved. For that matter neither is the belief that nature begets all.

Somewhere in there I believe lies a truth. Our world works too well, it provides an abundance of flora and grain and liquid to nourish all. Its too perfect, too sequenced, too plentiful, too synchronized, too exact to be happenstance. The sun rises and sets, the seasons come and go and in their wake they provide all of our needs, for nourishment and rest and comfort.

Can God and our nature coincide ? Of course. Could the fact that (as far as we know yet) this tiny blue planet suspended eons and ages of life from eternity just happen to be our lucky day, is it possible we just got lucky ? I dont think so. If your man you not only have a mind to sort through these quandries but you have a heart to feel with. When the warm wind blows through your hair and you gaze upon the beauty before you dont you feel the magnificence of your surroundings ? Doesnt a deeper fire than your intellect burn ? A subtle sparkle or stirring of another kind manifests itself. If your a man you also have a soul, something that lies deep in you, a part of you that completes what it means to be living.

If you have questions dont be blind to all aspects of your being. Your mind is essential but so is your heart and soul, just as your feet are seperate from your hands they compliment one another. To complete a task you must use all of the tools provided to you. Your soul is an integral part of your being and I believe many of the answers your mind cant provide your heart and soul can.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Nomads Journal

Post by Nomad »

Some months ago

Our lives are merely how we percieve them to be.

One incident or event can produce as many experiences as there are minds that witnessed it.

My life works for me because I found beliefs that I can live with.

My life is real, I exist so my perceptions are true.

We mold the world to the shape that suits us, that keeps from straying too near the edge of insanity.

I think this is the thing that eludes many people (it did me for years) that we create our own destiny.

Even when unforeseen events unfold we can remain in complete control by deciding how to percieve or react or perhaps not react.

We choose always, even when you think you have no choice, that is a decision, to relinqesh your rights, to surrender is a choice.

Perhaps this is why the world collides as it does.

In our own culture we manage, sometimes just squeaking by but essentially we are one.

When you introduce an opposite or very different culture our barriers are inclined to reject a foreign body as incorrect, which of course its not.

This in my opinion is why tolerance is such a useful tool, it allows you to accept that your perceptions are yours alone.

Your intentions are the engine that propels you and your concience is what guides you to choose one way or another.

All of the events of the world exist and are real enough yet they are pecieved in any which way.

The standards of acceptable human behavior have been breached or disrupted and ruptured since the beginning of time yet we persevere.

Not to say we are beyond the capability of total destruction, we arent.

Again this is our collective choice, we are many voices but while perceptions may vary there seems to be a symbolic line that most of us wont cross due to our efforts at unity.

If the world is made of matter (which it is) then the task of conquering the physical world with the perceptive world would be metaphysical, to cause what we know to exist to be not composed of known matter.

Forces of motion upon physical bodies and transfering our energy to acclimate to another dimension is something Carlos Castaneda spent his life teaching to a lesser degree but striving to accomplish with his Don Juan lessons.

His perception that a bird is always a bird prevented him from tapping into the birds "other energy"

His stubborness wouldnt allow for anything else to be possible.

After many many lessons some involving the smoking of peyote buttons or a specially ground mixture of hallucinegenics used as a tool he was able to relax his mind and begin allowing for a seperate reality (which is the title of one of his many books) or an alternate source of energy to be witnessed and experienced.

Eventually sans the drug mixtures he was able to tap into what Ill call a path or tunnel leading him to the source of whatever object or being he was fixated on.

In other words to use your dilemma by letting go of his minds set posture green didnt have to be green. Through his ability to intently focus on or become a part of the energy before him he was able to alter the force because he bacame the force, he was the bird the bird was him.

You could apply that to anything, a cloud, a rock, another living being etc.

His difficulty took years to overcome because he as we all are tend to be stubborn and are inclined to believe what our eyes see and mind believes to be true.

That was his biggest struggle. Also the fear of the unknown, to realize everything youve know through life to be false or misleading caused terror in him and he fled the Mexican desert where Don Juan made his home more than once.

This would be the difficulty for any of us.

Letting go and being willing to absorb a new truth.

I suspect these skills lie within us and its my belief that when we pass we pass to an area in the universe that allows for our potential to be realized.

This might sound odd but at that risk I almost look forward to my death so that I may "SEE" which is a word that Don Juan used frequently to identify passing into another energy field.

He described us as luminous beings when were in the "SEEING" stage and that our form could be manipulated any which way.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Nomads Journal

Post by Nomad »

Religion is the service and worship of God and God means different things to different people. Will the real religion please stand up. Different cultures breed separate beliefs. Im not so sure Buddhism in its essence differs greatly from Southern Baptism or Episcopal thought from Hinduism in INTENT. Intent is what drives our search for an understanding of the chaos we live in. Its a very personal journey. You are correct that we have personal responsibility to not only ourselves but all others in need. From my own personal experience when your heart is closed to the enormous possibilities and challenges that lay in store for all living things you cannot see clearly you become immobilized and stuck in your own indignation you simply will not grow or move forward. If it is your desire or intent to seek answers it is nessacary to be open to something greater than yourself a Higher power if you will. As you begin to realize that every waking moment is a prelude to the next and your total state of being will directly affect how each subsequent moment will unfold you will find that it is a continual perpetuation of itself. In other words if your attitude is one of negativity that is what you will find if on the other hand you choose to greet life with wonderment excitement and amazement at the perfect synchronicity that is in abundance all around us other types of doors will begin to open for you. These are choices we make in our everyday life that is your dilemma which path do I choose ? Regarding my original statement on religion I believe that if your heart is pure and one of compassion and love and your intent is selfless and alligned with what is good for your neighbor it does not matter that you have chosen to be Catholic or Muslim nor does it matter that your beliefs differ from from the man standing next to you as long as you respect him and bend to help him if he falls. Good luck to you in your journey.

I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Nomads Journal

Post by Nomad »

Jellybean,

I love you now forever and always.

We belong to eachother and we are

for eachother through eternity.

Brian
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Journals”