Alex Edelman

Skewed News, Humor, Jokes, Gags, and Photos. Rated R and below only. Password is 1234.
spot

Alex Edelman

Post by spot »

I've just stood in my kitchen cooking with, as usual on such occasions, the radio on. It was a half hour program of someone I've not heard of before, Alex Edelman, before a live audience. His audience laughed regularly in time with his observations. I didn't break into so much as a smile, much less a laugh, even once, throughout.

Either I have become entirely humourless or the audience was behaving dutifully, I have no way of knowing which. On the other hand there are programs at the same time of day on the same radio channel which I enjoy for their comedy.

If anyone would like to put in a good word for Mr Edelman I'd be grateful. We might then discuss this new variant of "humour" which I have entirely failed to learn. What I found myself doing throughout was thinking "that's obviously untrue... that's surely not accurate... that's impossible" and I'm quite certain if I tested his claims one by one against Wikipedia I'd be proved right. Is blatantly, transparently lying a new comedic norm? What point is there?

Satire, if that's what was being attempted, does not consist of serial lying. Some people seem incapable of realizing this.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Skewed News Humor”