Trust me I'm a Tory

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
gmc

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by gmc »

David Cameron’s gamble to save the Union - Telegraph

David Cameron made a fresh gamble in the battle against Scottish independence yesterday, offering to devolve more power to Edinburgh if the Scots vote to remain part of the United Kingdom.

Scottish Independence: David Cameron to tell Scotland 'we are stronger together' | Mail Online

:yh_rotfl

He really doesn't get it does he. In the 1979 referendum I voted no. I'm firmly on the fence about full independence but would go for devo max. Come a referendum with only two choices and prats like him running the country my vote would be yes. Keep this up and the SNP wuill gain more and more support.
buttercup

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by buttercup »

I'd vote for independence, everybody else has *****d it up why not let the SNP have a go at ****in* it up too.
gmc

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1385594 wrote: I'd vote for independence, everybody else has *****d it up why not let the SNP have a go at ****in* it up too.

At least it used to be someone standing as an SNP candidate wasn't in it as a career politician since the odds of beimng elected were, at one time, pretty remote. On the other hand SNP councillors are just as crooked as the labour ones and you could have applied that same argument to liberal democrats. As soon as they got a whiff of power all their principles went out the window. Most scots would go for devo max rather than independence but Cameron is bringing home why most of us can't stand the tories and are fed up.
buttercup

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by buttercup »

I agree with most of what you say but don't underestimate the power of the Salmond, i have yet to meet someone in the NE of Scotland who has not met him personally, he is really out there talking to the people and he is very charismatic.
gmc

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by gmc »

buttercup;1385721 wrote: I agree with most of what you say but don't underestimate the power of the Salmond, i have yet to meet someone in the NE of Scotland who has not met him personally, he is really out there talking to the people and he is very charismatic.

He's also a smarmy wee shite. Well so one of my neighbours described him. What he has done with allowing Donald Trump build his golf course near aberdeen has some people wondering. Locally three councillors caught abusing their power were not expelled from the party so the support is not exactly unqualified, but they can be kicked come election time if we get independence because we have Proportional representation. On the other hand we KNOW we cannot trust the tories and we can't stop them getting power thanks to the first p[ast the post system.
buttercup

Trust me I'm a Tory

Post by buttercup »

Hmmm the golf course is interesting as Donald wants to put it all on hold due to the eyesore the wind farms will create, does this make Alex a smarmy wee shite? possibly

Some see it as yeah you can have your golf course but we are canny scots and need to diversify income.

Return to “Scotland”