The end of monkeys in red suits?

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
gmc

Post by gmc »

SNP stuns Labour in Glasgow East

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 522153.stm

well well well. Thought it would be close. be interesting to see if they can hang on to the seat come general election time.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

That's doubtful. Almost invariably the winner in a by-election loses the seat in the next general election.

Mind you, it's great to see the Labour party get a kicking in a place they have seen as a sure thing for the past 60 years.

Long may it continue.........

EDIT] The British "Labour" party would be seen as Democrats in the U.S.. I won't say what we think of them in Scotland.................
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
gmc

Post by gmc »

Chookie;930685 wrote: That's doubtful. Almost invariably the winner in a by-election loses the seat in the next general election.

Mind you, it's great to see the Labour party get a kicking in a place they have seen as a sure thing for the past 60 years.

Long may it continue.........

EDIT] The British "Labour" party would be seen as Democrats in the U.S.. I won't say what we think of them in Scotland.................

I think the juries out on that one. I know many die hard labour supporters that can't talk about new labour without using bad language-for the first time they are thinking of voting elsewhere whether SNP or just not bothering as a waste of time. A lot will depend I think on what the SNP do over the next couple of years.

It's not about Gordon Brown either IMO but more a reaction against the whole new labour/closet tory/iraq war/ smarmy self seeking lying two faced hypocritical bastards that is new labour.

Return to “Scotland”