Failte - Welcome

A forum to discuss local issues in Scotland.
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

Failte - Wecome to Scotland

www.visitscotland.com

Attached files
gmc

Failte - Welcome

Post by gmc »

capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: Not for wimps, soft southerners need not apply

http://www.scotclimb.org.uk/mountains.shtml

http://www.scotclimb.org.uk/hillwalking.shtml or even www.tartans.com The Scottish site :driving:
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

For the time being anyway, its only 1 Irish and 1 Scot :-1
gmc

Failte - Welcome

Post by gmc »

posted by capn buzzard

For the time being anyway, its only Irish and 1 Scot

That's enough to start a fight what more do you want?

Orange marching season again in Scotland, it just doesn't go away does it?
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by capn buzzard

Orange marching season again in Scotland, it just doesn't go away does it?Gmc, I do respect others culture and heritage even in Ireland (North & South - Orange & Green) Some of the marching bands I happen to like, from a distance I might add.
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by capn buzzard

Orange marching season again in Scotland, it just doesn't go away does it? I have nothing against the marching bands, be it Orange, Green and Red,white and blue. I even love some of the tunes.www.southdowndefenders.com

Attached files
buttercup

Failte - Welcome

Post by buttercup »

having been raised in a bigoted family i just wish the whole catholic/protestant thing could be stopped, how can something that causes so much trouble be acceptable to so many
gmc

Failte - Welcome

Post by gmc »

posted by buttercup

having been raised in a bigoted family i just wish the whole catholic/protestant thing could be stopped, how can something that causes so much trouble be acceptable to so many

Start them young so it becomes a habit they don't think about and keep them seperate as children. The other week there there was a wee kid walking through the local shopping centre chanting sectarian football slogans with the fond parents looking on smiling. Just a football chant no harm done. When they start at pre school there is an uphill battle for them not to be wee bigots.

Age seven I was at school and a catholic primary school was opened, suddenly half the class were going to a different school because they were a different religon, the conversation went from what's a catholic does that mean you're not a christian (primary school remember what did we know) to rival gangs meeting after school.

How often have you heard I'm not bigoted but---?

I don't have an answer but mixing the schools up and keeping religon out of them would help.
buttercup

Failte - Welcome

Post by buttercup »

I don't have an answer but mixing the schools up and keeping religon out of them would help.

agreed, many things about religion trouble me, some that stand out are

1/ if there was only adam & eve - then there was no chance of mankind continuing without incest

2/ the unrepentant dont enter heaven - the criminal on the cross next to jesus said ' we are criminals & deserve to die for our sins, you do not' to this jesus replies that the criminal would join him in heaven, but the criminal dident repent

i hope in light of the pope dying this does not cause an outrage, its simply thoughts in my head that i'd like opinions on
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by buttercup

Start them young so it becomes a habit they don't think about and keep them seperate as children. The other week there there was a wee kid walking through the local shopping centre chanting sectarian football slogans with the fond parents looking on smiling. Just a football chant no harm done. When they start at pre school there is an uphill battle for them not to be wee bigots.

Age seven I was at school and a catholic primary school was opened, suddenly half the class were going to a different school because they were a different religon, the conversation went from what's a catholic does that mean you're not a christian (primary school remember what did we know) to rival gangs meeting after school.

I don't have an answer but mixing the schools up and keeping religon out of them would help.Bashing the taigs,or was it the huns:D
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by buttercup

I don't have an answer but mixing the schools up and keeping religon out of them would help.In my circle of friends, we say Religion is bad for your health, in Ireland anyway
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

Welcome Back ArnoldLayne
capt_buzzard

Failte - Welcome

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Thank you Capt. I'm a little early (a week actually ) but I just popped back to see what this thing called sunshine is. Can't seem to find any in Ireland :)Rain mate:-5

Return to “Scotland”