Reality TV

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
abbey

Reality TV

Post by abbey »

I'm such a saddo...:o

I've been watching Big Brother (i dont normally) and i'm loving it, i think it has something to do with the fact that i'm a nosy bugger.. :wah:
Bothwell

Reality TV

Post by Bothwell »

There is only one worth watching and that is on tonight = Gordon Ramsey.

The others are a stream of rancid bile expelled from satans bottom but they cost nothing to make, i.e no actors, no writers etc so they will go on and on
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
abbey

Reality TV

Post by abbey »

Bothwell wrote: There is only one worth watching and that is on tonight = Gordon Ramsey.

The others are a stream of rancid bile expelled from satans bottom but they cost nothing to make, i.e no actors, no writers etc so they will go on and onI love that show, and Gordon Ramsey is very sexy!
Bothwell

Reality TV

Post by Bothwell »

What about that pillock last week who in the blind pasta tasting picked out "Pot Noodle" as the most authentic?
abbey

Reality TV

Post by abbey »

HA-HA, I bloody PMSL! fair play to them though, they turned it around, now that did surprise me.
minks

Reality TV

Post by minks »

People are creatures of habit, and some habitually watch TV so the networks came up with reality TV to appeal to our pathetic sides. Yep we love a good bitch fest. We love to see others doing worse than ourselves. We love to see one human pitted against another in a battle of wits (albiet not high level wits) We love gossip, we love a soap opera hence the birth of Reality TV.

I have to say I find most of it insulting as there is NOTHING to learn from it.

On the other hand I do watch Survivor as I like the dynamics and strategies (though those get weak and dull too)

I guess it just all appeals to our curiosity side.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
abbey

Reality TV

Post by abbey »

Just watched Gordon Ramsey, wise words from the man himself, "Seek advice before you get F***ed".

I'll try to remember that Gordon!! ;)
capt_buzzard

Reality TV

Post by capt_buzzard »

No Thanks
David813

Reality TV

Post by David813 »

I was the 1st to criticize those that watch reality shows. Now I'm an addict! I LOVE Fear Factor, Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother and MORE! It's revolting! I can't stop! Ever since "Absolutely Fabulous" went off the air here I've been a reality TV FREAK!!!!!!!!!!
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
abbey

Reality TV

Post by abbey »

My Sister went to Tunisia this morning & she's left a long list of programmes for me to record, including Big Brother, every night!!

There's also ER, the one about the housewives, [cant remember the name]

One that's on Sky One i've never heard of, oh and feed the cat twice a day!

Honestly, it's like a military operation and its sending me dizzy! :yh_silly
Bothwell

Reality TV

Post by Bothwell »

I do indeed enjoy the Gordon Ramsy thing, but I'd hardly call that "reality TV"..

God it's bad enough with the hair splitting on the Gloves off thread now my definition of reality TV is wrong. I must just be so stupid.
Bothwell

Reality TV

Post by Bothwell »

(they only show ones where there has been some improvement!) What like this week's episode where the place went into recievership???

Return to “England”