Shame on the British

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
capt_buzzard

Shame on the British

Post by capt_buzzard »

Its a bloody shame the that the people of Britian let go MG ROVER to China, and the loss of over 4,000 jobs. Where is your pride gone? Last week we learned of British car workers at MG ROVER faced cuts in pensions and redundancy.Perhaps the workers should look to the EU for funding.
Jives

Shame on the British

Post by Jives »

Isn't that the company that makes the famous "Land Rover" SUV? Dang! China's taking over the world!

(Jives leaves to go pick up a copy of a Chinese/English dictionary)

I'd better learn to speak Chinese!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Shame on the British

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jives wrote: Isn't that the company that makes the famous "Land Rover" SUV? Dang! China's taking over the world!

(Jives leaves to go pick up a copy of a Chinese/English dictionary)

I'd better learn to speak Chinese!yep, I also heard that Iran was interested in the company
jahamaa

Shame on the British

Post by jahamaa »

Are you guys kidding? This is economic genius. You take your factory to a place where you can pay $5.00 per day ( don't know what that would be in pounds)

have no enviornmental regs to meet ,then you send the trucks back here ( or there) and sell them to the people who no longer have jobs or air to breath.

I just don't see why you guys don't get the brilliance :rolleyes: of it.
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
capt_buzzard

Shame on the British

Post by capt_buzzard »

jahamaa wrote: Are you guys kidding? This is economic genius. You take your factory to a place where you can pay $5.00 per day ( don't know what that would be in pounds)

have no enviornmental regs to meet ,then you send the trucks back here ( or there) and sell them to the people who no longer have jobs or air to breath.

I just don't see why you guys don't get the brilliance :rolleyes: of it.yeah
gmc

Shame on the British

Post by gmc »

posted by capn buzzard

Its a bloody shame the that the people of Britian let go MG ROVER to China, and the loss of over 4,000 jobs. Where is your pride gone? Last week we learned of British car workers at MG ROVER faced cuts in pensions and redundancy.Perhaps the workers should look to the EU for funding.

Thanks to membership of the eec we still have nissan, honda, toyota and peugeot making cars in Britain. The first three appear at the top of all the reliablity tables. We export the cars to the eec. The nissan factory in newcastle turns out 300 (can't remember the exact figure) or so cars per year per worker, rover managed 16, Nissan now build the micra in newcastle because of the quality and efficiency, leave the eec and you can wave them all goodbye. Why should we buy cars just because they are British. People stopped buying Brtitish leyland because they were crap it's as simple as that. Pride doesn't mean you should accept second best.
persephone

Shame on the British

Post by persephone »

Okay, I know this is a bit late but did you see the workers on the news... They're about to lose their jobs and incomes and where were they all ???

Sitting in the pub drinking away what money they had left, and begging the govenment to bail them out yet again :rolleyes:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Bothwell

Shame on the British

Post by Bothwell »

Longbridge has been a lame duck for years, how else would you explain that similar plants in the UK but run by Toyota and Honda make in excess of 7 times the cars per worker than Longbridge
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
capt_buzzard

Shame on the British

Post by capt_buzzard »

gmc wrote: posted by capn buzzard

Thanks to membership of the eec we still have nissan, honda, toyota and peugeot making cars in Britain. The first three appear at the top of all the reliablity tables. We export the cars to the eec. The nissan factory in newcastle turns out 300 (can't remember the exact figure) or so cars per year per worker, rover managed 16, Nissan now build the micra in newcastle because of the quality and efficiency, leave the eec and you can wave them all goodbye. Why should we buy cars just because they are British. People stopped buying Brtitish leyland because they were crap it's as simple as that. Pride doesn't mean you should accept second best.It used to be '' British is best'' or Buy British Goods & Save Our Jobs.
gmc

Shame on the British

Post by gmc »

posted by capn buzzard

It used to be '' British is best'' or Buy British Goods & Save Our Jobs.

BL went down because they thought people would buy their cars because they were British and took their customers for granted it would have been kinder not to nationalise them, maybe the shock of going out of business would have wakened up the rest. Same with the motorbike industry, if you don't notice what people are buying you have no chance. the british car industry let the japanese in, most of the early dealers were former BL dealerships that lost their franchise for being too small.

Return to “England”