News Extra ENGLAND

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

We now have many many lovely Brits (English Ladies) on FG. Tell us about your part of the world? Pork pies & Fish & Chips mmmmmmmmm:D Them Yanks have all the fun in the US of A.
john8pies

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by john8pies »

Why only English LADIES...........?!
smithy87

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by smithy87 »

john8pies wrote: Why only English LADIES...........?!

Because we're the greater sex :D

I live in Salford, Greater Manchester. Full of meat n potato pies, mushy peas, sausage and mash, stew and dumplings, pea and ham soup, liver and onions and donner kebabs :p
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: Why only English LADIES...........?!Gents are invited, and bring the English sheepdog too
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

smithy87 wrote: Because we're the greater sex :D

I live in Salford, Greater Manchester. Full of meat n potato pies, mushy peas, sausage and mash, stew and dumplings, pea and ham soup, liver and onions and donner kebabs :pThats mouth watering, the food I mean
Betty Boop

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by Betty Boop »

What about a nice home-made cornish pasty followed by a cream tea Capt?
smithy87

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by smithy87 »

capt_buzzard wrote: Thats mouth watering, the food I mean

Wouldn't have thought anything else.......... :yh_giggle
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

Betty Boop wrote: What about a nice home-made cornish pasty followed by a cream tea Capt?Cornish pasty MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, but not the cream tea. Have to watch my waistline. At my age 96 next birthday:D
Betty Boop

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, good on you Captain, ok I'll eat the cream tea, you can have the pasty.:D
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

Flouncey wrote: I live in Cambridge and it's rather nice :D Would you like to see a photo? :)My wife came from Barrington
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

Betty Boop wrote: Wow, good on you Captain, ok I'll eat the cream tea, you can have the pasty.:DLove your Pork pies. They cannot make them here at all, like yours
spot

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by spot »

Have you ever visited England, Captain?

Around Bristol we have culinary specialities. Umm.... cider, cider or cider?

I do a mean line in curried cow, which is surely a local derivative.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: Have you ever visited England, Captain?

I do a mean line in curried cow, which is surely a local derivative.Yes many times.I love Malvern
lady cop

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by lady cop »

well Buzz, i'm GOING to be English, does that count? :) :p :D

Attached files
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

lady cop wrote: well Buzz, i'm GOING to be English, does that count? :) :p :D Yes misssssssssy
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

A real Royal Wedding Lady C
persephone

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by persephone »

I live in East London... Jellied Eels, Pie and Mash and 24 hour Bagel shops. Not to forget Green Street nick named "Little India" great food there, if you like it hot.

I am originally from the most Easterly point of Britain though, famous for nothing, home to Captain Birds Eye and Wallis ice cream... Not far from Bernard Matthews.

Guess everyones main employers back there then ??? :yh_doh
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
abbey

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by abbey »

letha wrote: I live in East London... Jellied Eels, Pie and Mash and 24 hour Bagel shops. Not to forget Green Street nick named "Little India" great food there, if you like it hot.

I am originally from the most Easterly point of Britain though, famous for nothing, home to Captain Birds Eye and Wallis ice cream... Not far from Bernard Matthews.

Guess everyones main employers back there then ??? :yh_dohAhh Bootiful. ;)
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: I live in East London... Jellied Eels, Pie and Mash and 24 hour Bagel shops. Not to forget Green Street nick named "Little India" great food there, if you like it hot.

Guess everyones main employers back there then ??? :yh_dohI know Stratford, Leyton, Leytonstone very well. It was all at the CO-Op in 1974
persephone

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: I know Stratford, Leyton, Leytonstone very well. It was all at the CO-Op in 1974
So not only do you know where I live now you also know where I grew up ??? :yh_worry

Last time I saw the CO-OP site it was waste land where it had been leveled, there's been a few more changes since '74 too... The harbour is empty, all the fishing boats gone :yh_cry
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: So not only do you know where I live now you also know where I grew up ??? :yh_worry

Last time I saw the CO-OP site it was waste land where it had been leveled, there's been a few more changes since '74 too... The harbour is empty, all the fishing boats gone :yh_crySo I heard. Pity. I lived in Leyton
persephone

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by persephone »

Leytonstone (upper) next street I think is Leyton.

Used to live in Stratford, well never really been sure on that either, always seem to be on postcode boarders, it really would be a pain to have a home delivery, where would I register the birth
spot

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by spot »

My favorite walk, when I lived round those parts, was east through Dalston and the street market, Bow and Mile End, down onto the river at Limehouse, and back through Wapping and Hackney. I bet most of the pubs are gone from that last bit.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

Was never in Hackney. I used to love Bricklane on Saturday's for the bargains
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: Leytonstone (upper) next street I think is Leyton.

Used to live in Stratford, well never really been sure on that either, always seem to be on postcode boarders, it really would be a pain to have a home delivery, where would I register the birthBus number 69.
persephone

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Bus number 69.Register the birth on the 69 ??? :p

I actually managed to end up in Chingford on Tuesday as I got on the wrong bus, the 69 isn't as regular as it should be in any respect :wah:
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: Register the birth on the 69 ??? :p

I actually managed to end up in Chingford on Tuesday as I got on the wrong bus, the 69 isn't as regular as it should be in any respect :wah:And the Rex in Stratford, many a saturday afternoon I spent there with my Orange Maid:D
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: Leytonstone (upper) next street I think is Leyton.

Used to live in Stratford, well never really been sure on that either, always seem to be on postcode boarders, it really would be a pain to have a home delivery, where would I register the birthI remember a pub called the Green Man
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: When not flitting off to Ireland , my humble abode is a victorian cottage in a pretty Kent village. It comes to life about this time of year with the flowers. No city for me to live. A restful home with just the click of my keyboard and the birds on my window cill (and the football on the telly )No live British Birds in Kent eh?
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Most of the birds in my village are either feathered or septagenarianoh I see, from the bridge

Attached files
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Ah the Bridge . The final piece in the jigsaw. The last section of the worlds largest car park. It joins Kent and Essex together ....thats clearly wrong. Us on the Kent side are going to introduce passport controlKent is the garden of England, or so I'm told. And County Wicklow is the garden of Southern Ireland.
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Tis correct Capt. which is why we have to protect from slugs and snails :DToo true
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

ArnoldLayne wrote: When not flitting off to Ireland , my humble abode is a victorian cottage in a pretty Kent village. It comes to life about this time of year with the flowers. No city for me to live. A restful *****with just the click of my keyboard and the birds on my window cill (and the football on the telly )Rural Kent

Attached files
capt_buzzard

News Extra ENGLAND

Post by capt_buzzard »

spot wrote: Have you ever visited England, Captain?

I do a mean line in curried cow, which is surely a local derivative.No,not to Bristol. Other parts of Olde England

Return to “England”