Dr Who

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
persephone

Dr Who

Post by persephone »

I know this could go in entertainment, but it's a 100% British thing.

After all these years a new Doctor returns to our screens next Saturday.

I watched the Dr Who night on BBC2 Saturday, and got all excited. Then thinking about wonder if it will be as good.

Anyone else think it's a shame there is a whole generation who grew up missing the Doctor? (It's a comment made by a few of the celebs Saturday night).

Oh and here's the BBC link to the new Doctor.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Bothwell

Dr Who

Post by Bothwell »

I love it, I am afraid I can go all the way back to William Hartnell !!!

Are the daleks going to be in the show?
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
persephone

Dr Who

Post by persephone »

With the trailers they were showing on Saturday YES

Oh and this is the only clue they are giving away about them in the behind the scenes photos

It was a sign for an excited crew, so they say
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
gmc

Dr Who

Post by gmc »

It is a shame, as an adult you tend to forget it is aimed at kids and crituicise it for beiung childish. I remember watching the Daleks from behind the setee. Hard to believe their creator was the same man that came up with Blake's seven.
persephone

Dr Who

Post by persephone »

It's not just for children, adults have imagination too, it just doesn't scare us as much.

I'm guessing you are talking from experience as it came to an end though. That was talked about by the celebs and Dr Who crew on Saturday. They felt it had become far from believable (could anyone ever say it was believable) and more comical as it reached Sylvester Mcoy and the one just before him.

I was still a child and agreed, it really wasn't as good as it had been but Ace was my favorite assisstant so I watched just to see her.
abbey

Dr Who

Post by abbey »

gmc wrote: It is a shame, as an adult you tend to forget it is aimed at kids and crituicise it for beiung childish. I remember watching the Daleks from behind the setee.
ME TOO.......... :o
Wild Weasil

Dr Who

Post by Wild Weasil »

watching Dr Who from behind the settee. Was there any other way to watch? I've already decided to pull the settee away from the wall for this Saturday. :-3

John Pertwee was my favourite Doctor.

Return to “England”