Imperial Leather jobs liquidised

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Imperial Leather soap, that stalwart of the British bathroom, has fallen victim to more modern alternatives.

Makers Cussons is to switch manufacturing from Nottingham to Thailand and Indonesia in 2007,with the loss of 160 jobs.

The company blames a growing demand for liquid soaps, gels, foams and creams as the more modern way to keep the British family clean and looking fresh.

The soap was inspired by 'Eau de Cologne Imperiale Russe' created for the Russian Court in 1915.

It has been advertised by stars including Julie Walters and Paul Merton and was popularised by the catchphrase A Little Luxury Every Day.

Ahh. I'll miss my back rub by Cussons Imperial Leather.:-1
Lon

Post by Lon »

capt_buzzard wrote: Imperial Leather soap, that stalwart of the British bathroom, has fallen victim to more modern alternatives.

Makers Cussons is to switch manufacturing from Nottingham to Thailand and Indonesia in 2007,with the loss of 160 jobs.

The company blames a growing demand for liquid soaps, gels, foams and creams as the more modern way to keep the British family clean and looking fresh.

The soap was inspired by 'Eau de Cologne Imperiale Russe' created for the Russian Court in 1915.

It has been advertised by stars including Julie Walters and Paul Merton and was popularised by the catchphrase A Little Luxury Every Day.

Ahh. I'll miss my back rub by Cussons Imperial Leather.:-1
Gee Whiz Cap'n------to us uinformed Yanks "Cussons Imperial Leather" sounds like something the S&M crowd would be into. Soaps & Gels?
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

:D Lon wrote: Gee Whiz Cap'n------to us uinformed Yanks "Cussons Imperial Leather" sounds like something the S&M crowd would be into. Soaps & Gels?:D LOL
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

The Pure Soap

Return to “England”