Probate

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
redman

Probate

Post by redman »

My mother-in-law died three weeks ago, what a load of paperwork I have had with this probate lark,just to see if you are over £285,000 and you are not going to twist them.

Then they have the cheek to charge you £91 for the privilege of having what is yours........any one else had this? and did you have any problems with the Revenue (gestapo) ?
abbey

Probate

Post by abbey »

redman;561006 wrote: My mother-in-law died three weeks ago, what a load of paperwork I have had with this probate lark,just to see if you are over £285,000 and you are not going to twist them.

Then they have the cheek to charge you £91 for the privilege of having what is yours........any one else had this? and did you have any problems with the Revenue (gestapo) ?
I havent Redman, but i think it's bloody ridiculous to say the least, this is the reason so many elderly people give their belongings away before they die.

Hope your family are coping ok. x
Redpoppy

Probate

Post by Redpoppy »

I have had to do it 3 times now.

I can understand probate if there is no will, and yes it pissed me off to pay for what was mine anyway...

But I also had to fill out probate papers when my mother died and there WAS a will.

The trick is to under value every thing, and keep it, if possible under the limit where you have to pay tax

Return to “England”