over crowding in the uks prisons

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Ok we've had a lot going on in the media recently about the UKs prisons being over crowded . So, whats the solution:thinking:

I think its easy , just deport all the foreign prisoners . They are in prison because they have broke the law- right . Are they an asset to the UK , NO THEIR IN PRISON .So why should we, feed and house them when they could be deported and finish their sentance in their own country at their own countries expence .Then in my opinion we could house all the scum that need housing and it would keep criminals off the streets. I'm sick and tired of peadophiles being released onto the streets to re - offend and paltry sentances like 4 years for offences like murder ....and tags, good lord are they pointless or what . All we keep hearing is that our jails are seriously over crowded and that means more people walking the streets that could or should be locked up :) so does anyone else have a better solution .:lips:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I think the answer is in ships. Not necessarily using them as prisons, but as models. Look at how our sailors slept. And they were our heroes! Our scum should be proud to cope with similar conditions. Also, if they slept in shifts, say 6 hours sleep every 24, we can quadruple the capacity of the cells. Excercise yard for 18 hours, sleep 6.

See? Nowhere near overcrowded yet. :)
pantsonfire321@aol.com

I think the real answer is building more prisons . The sooner we face facts and accept that our prison system is in chaos the sooner we can sort this whole sorry mess out - but that in itself takes time and money . Prison ships ..yes that could work :yh_frustr . What angers me the most i think is the number of offenders walking the streets instead of being locked up . Now if spaces became available because foreign prisoners were deported (like in most countrys) wouldn't that ease the over crowding .:-5

pantsonfire321@aol.com

I could be wrong .. but im sure i read somewhere that it costs about £800 pounds to keep one inmate fed and watered for one week .:(

pantsonfire321@aol.com

..don't forget they have TVs, playstations, radios . Most have mobile phones (trust me on this one ) and three square meals a day . In my opinion prison should be hard they are there to be punished so i couldn't give a rats ass if they live three to a cell an cockroaches are rampant .

RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Pants, where I live, we have this guy:

JOE ARPAIO

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/miracopjail.htm

*print out and mail to your prisons!*

:)

Seriously though, I think you're 100% correct in what you're saying. Our prisons in the US suck too and in many ways tend to pamper their guests.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Since i use to nurse in a prison here. i can proudly report that georgia does not pamper their guest. prisoners. they do not have heat or air. They get three meals a day monday thrue friday and two on sat and sunday. no work out equipment anymore. they have to walk three miles around the couryard everyday. They are assigned work duties. The get two hours of community tv everynight. lights out at ten. lights on at five thirty. i was impressed with how it was run. if a prsioner got the idea to touch a woman officer or nurse, he ended up having a bad day . he would fall down a hundred steps on the way back to isolation............did i forget to mention there werent any steps in the prison........:D
guppy

Post by guppy »

Since i use to nurse in a prison here. i can proudly report that georgia does not pamper their guest. prisoners. they do not have heat or air. They get three meals a day monday thrue friday and two on sat and sunday. no work out equipment anymore. they have to walk three miles around the couryard everyday. They are assigned work duties. The get two hours of community tv everynight. lights out at ten. lights on at five thirty. i was impressed with how it was run. if a prsioner got the idea to touch a woman officer or nurse, he ended up having a bad day . he would fall down a hundred steps on the way back to isolation............did i forget to mention there werent any steps in the prison........:D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:D

It sounds just about right except for that part about the TV....unless maybe they aired a continuous loop of Teletubbies. :p
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Not sure if this is true or just sandalous gossip .... but i did hear a story about terror suspect Abu Hamza - Being a muslim he can't eat.. is it pork, and has only one hand (when its not a hook) apparently hes not allowed to wipe his bottom with the same hand that he eats with . Soooo he has somebody to come in (at our expence) and do it for him ....again im not at all sure if its true but i wouldn't be at all suprised .

guppy

Post by guppy »

RedGlitter wrote: :D

It sounds just about right except for that part about the TV....unless maybe they aired a continuous loop of Teletubbies. :p

oh, the officers choose. they dont get to watch any sports.....he he he. i think that is torture enough for most men. :D some of the officers insisted it be lifetime. LOL
Yavanna

Post by Yavanna »

We live in a crappy country with an infrastructure that has almost reached rock bottom.

Warning : seriously bad-tempered but heartfelt rant imminent.......:-5

I reckon criminal behaviour has rocketed in the last 10 years ; not that it was at low levels before, but crimes of aggression have increased dramatically (so say the stats). I think they will continue to do so, whilst we live in a big girls blouse of a country where human rights are interpreted as not having any corresponding social responsibility.

See, I see society as a contractual arrangement. You contribute through NI and taxes ? You abide by the law? You treat your responsibilities seriously? Fine - you're entitled to say that your human rights should be upheld.

If you never work, never plan to work, abuse your kids, take drugs so that your life is a cycle of criminal activity, complain about your rights constantly without ever contributing a goddam thing except more of your useless genes in the 6 kids you'll have taken into care in a few years ? Well, my view is you can whistle for your rights.

For God's sake, when did this country lose the plot so badly? When did we dissolve the link between responsibility and rights? When did people start thinking they could live off the state and ruin the next generation of kids they have, and expect to have the rest of us pay for them to do it?

I am thoroughly sick of having users whine about their rights not being upheld.

As far as prisons are concerned, I believe the criminal justice system should be about punishment. Punishment - not rehabilitation. Rehabilitation is a popular word that ministers and the probation service use to try and sell us the idea that most prisoners are victims of life and that in the long run it's more cost-effective to rehabilitate them rather than punish them.

Crap. Rehabilitation may work for a few who are still malleable ; but I simply don't believe it works for the majority - the stats bear me out. Recidivism rates in the UK are astronomical.

My view is that the law-abiding population has a right to be made safe ; I don't give a flying stuff at a rolling doughnut whether that means the criminal has to face prison instead of community service. That's called being accountable for your actions.

God, I need some chocolate! :-5
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Yavanna;441151 wrote: For God's sake, when did this country lose the plot so badly?5

Probably in the '60s.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;440378 wrote: Not sure if this is true or just sandalous gossip .... but i did hear a story about terror suspect Abu Hamza - Being a muslim he can't eat.. is it pork, and has only one hand (when its not a hook) apparently hes not allowed to wipe his bottom with the same hand that he eats with . Soooo he has somebody to come in (at our expence) and do it for him ....again im not at all sure if its true but i wouldn't be at all suprised .

Makes a change for people going round clearing their S***, NOT :mad:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Diuretic;442042 wrote: Nah, more likely during Thatcher's era. The 60s was okay )

But it was in the '60s that fundamental changes in education and social

values started. The situation just deteriorated further later on. Now,

things seem to be hurtling down the pan at an increasing rate.
koan

Post by koan »

Can I just double check that a member of this forum has claimed pride in prisoners having been beaten?

Also there is a very loved member of this forum that might be very displeased with the thought that prisoners should be treated like animals.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

koan;442156 wrote: Can I just double check that a member of this forum has claimed pride in prisoners having been beaten?

Also there is a very loved member of this forum that might be very displeased with the thought that prisoners should be treated like animals.

I would say prisoners on the whole are treated very well here in the UK ..in fact i can tell you a couple of storys about a prisoner not only getting his normal pleasures but getting his sexual ones with a officer aswell .... and another prisoner (a lifer) receiving benefits for the whole three years hes been inside .

koan

Post by koan »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;442164 wrote: I would say prisoners on the whole are treated very well here in the UK ..in fact i can tell you a couple of storys about a prisoner not only getting his normal pleasures but getting his sexual ones with a officer aswell .... and another prisoner (a lifer) receiving benefits for the whole three years hes been inside .

A lot of people can tell stories.

If it is the intention to use a few examples to support the notion of prisoner abuse being a good idea then I'm not climbing in the boat. Not to say that your OP suggested anything of the like, but certainly some of the reply posts were wandering in that direction.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

koan;442168 wrote: A lot of people can tell stories.

If it is the intention to use a few examples to support the notion of prisoner abuse being a good idea then I'm not climbing in the boat. Not to say that your OP suggested anything of the like, but certainly some of the reply posts were wandering in that direction.

These are people i know who are inside as we speak. One doing life for stabbing a junkie . One doing life for ABH and another doing 8 years for fire arms offences - he tryed to kill a police man - all are scum, all from the same extended family.

LondonFan of MJ!

Post by LondonFan of MJ! »

pantsonfire321@aol.com;440064 wrote: Ok we've had a lot going on in the media recently about the UKs prisons being over crowded . So, whats the solution:thinking:

I think its easy , just deport all the foreign prisoners . They are in prison because they have broke the law- right . Are they an asset to the UK , NO THEIR IN PRISON .So why should we, feed and house them when they could be deported and finish their sentance in their own country at their own countries expence .Then in my opinion we could house all the scum that need housing and it would keep criminals off the streets. I'm sick and tired of peadophiles being released onto the streets to re - offend and paltry sentances like 4 years for offences like murder ....and tags, good lord are they pointless or what . All we keep hearing is that our jails are seriously over crowded and that means more people walking the streets that could or should be locked up :) so does anyone else have a better solution .:lips:

I agree totally!
I have left because of immature people that cannot accept people for who they are.

It's not nice to upset others.

This place isn't stricked enough.

Mods please ban me for good.

Thank you.

Return to “England”