Any Exeter people?

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
freyja

Any Exeter people?

Post by freyja »

Hi,

Is there anyone from Exeter here? I've recently moved here from London.

If there is anyone, do reply!

Cheers,

Freyja
spot

Any Exeter people?

Post by spot »

I just put my son on the train there - he has university exams this week.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
freyja

Any Exeter people?

Post by freyja »

Hi Spot,

Thanks for your reply. I suppose your son studies at exeter uni? I'm just looking for people around my age group (im 20) to have more of a social life here. Never thought it would be quite difficult to find friends to hang out with in a completely new town!

I'm not a student either and most people in my age are at uni!

Freyja
spot

Any Exeter people?

Post by spot »

Stacks of students in the Imperial, of course. Great pub, cheap food mid-week if there's two of you. Of course if you can't stand students then Exeter's an odd place to be. The only other pub I like much is the Stoke Arms on Prince Charles Road, but http://www.flyingpost.co.uk/beer.html has a healthy list.

I'm sure he'd meet you for a game of pool if you want.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
freyja

Any Exeter people?

Post by freyja »

Hi,

Umm, I didn't say I can't stand students, I meant I'm just not one as I work and most people in my age are busy with uni!

I think it'll be nice to link up with some people.

Freyja
abbey

Any Exeter people?

Post by abbey »

Hiya Freyja i'm not from Exeter but welcome to FG :-6
JayDee

Any Exeter people?

Post by JayDee »

Hello Freyja- I'm in Hampshire, so of no direct help to you. I took my daughter down to Exeter at Easter and we stated overnight there. I'm sure it is difficult settling in, and I wish you all the best.

We have moved around, and find that joining up with people who share a hobby, a good way of meeting others.

Return to “England”