raw meaty bone diet

Discussion and advice relating to your pet's nutritional needs.
nicolesica

raw meaty bone diet

Post by nicolesica »

I help out with a Great Pyrenees rescue, and 2 + months ago adopted Pierre. He was severely underweight, and no matter what I did, I could not get him to touch a kibble or even taste canned dog food. My vet reccomended trying a raw diet. I went online and found the raw, meaty bones diet by Dr. Lonsdale. Well to make a long story short, the diet has worked wonders. Pierre's coat is now soft and tangle-free (before it was very course, but has grown in much silkier and bouncier), and his teeth, which were very brown and stained are almost white.

My question is this--Pierre is indeed putting on weight, but does anyone know if there are any long-term studies out there? The results thus far have been incredibly positive, but...it's only been 2 months.

Also, has anyone fed their dog the RMB diet for a long period of time, and if so--what are your observations?

I have to admit, the diet is incredibly easy, and surprisingly low-cost. I dont have to prepare a thing, just make sure the prep area is bleached thoroughly.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks, Nicole
valerie

raw meaty bone diet

Post by valerie »

Hello, and welcome to the Garden! I never made the commitment

to the BARF diet, but I know many who have, with long term

excellent results. Let me get you a link to a site that you will enjoy

looking at:

Raw Dog Ranch

Her dog Neke that she talks about has gone to the Bridge, but did

very well even as a senior.

Good for you for doing it... if there's anything else I can help you

with please don't hesitate to ask!

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

KarmaDoodle

raw meaty bone diet

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I've heard mixed opinions on the BARF diet - it sometimes seems too limited. I like Taste of the Wild because it had a ton of protein - but also other balance nutrients.

Return to “Your Pet's Diet”