Some random facts

Post your factoids here. Things you find interesting. Items that we may not know about.
Marie5656

Some random facts

Post by Marie5656 »

1. Betty Boop made her cartoon debut in 1930. ..as a dog. She looked similar, but had floppy ears instead of earrings and poodle fur instead of a bob.

2. The first federal prisoners arrived in Alcatraz, San Francisco in 1934. Officially no one has ever escaped, but there are still 5 prisoners listed as "missing".

3.International Business Machines Corp introduced the IBM 5150 personal computer in 1981. It sold for $1565 and the operating system was by a new , then unknown company named Microsoft.

4. Four Star US Army General Colin Powell became the first African American chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff in 1989. He would go on to become Secretary of State.
Marie5656

Some random facts

Post by Marie5656 »

flopstock wrote: so...explain why one shoestring is always shorter then the other anymore..:p

IT is one of life's great mysteries. No one really knows. Along with, where do the socks go when you lose them in the dryer?
Casey Morgan

Some random facts

Post by Casey Morgan »

Microsoft used to be spelled Micro-Soft (for microcomputer software I guess).

Colin Powell used to pronounce his name like "colon". Then he learned of a black war veteran (I think he was a fighter pilot) who pronounced the name like he currently does.
MoreThanALover

Some random facts

Post by MoreThanALover »

flopstock wrote: so...explain why one shoestring is always shorter then the other anymore..:p

I have to say that my shoe strings are even. I'll make yours even if you'd like!

As for the sock problem...I steal my brothers!:D
Marie5656

Some random facts

Post by Marie5656 »

I have solved the shoestring problem..I use velcro
MoreThanALover

Some random facts

Post by MoreThanALover »

:wah: I enjoy tying my shoes! I will have to post a picture of them they're super uber cute!

I used to use velcro, I think those shoes lit up too.:-3

Return to “Did You Know?”