I am new to health insurance.

All items relating to Healthcare: Medical insurance, company policies, insurance coverage, policy costs, and more!
steven

Post by steven »

My friend is suffering from lower back pain, he is a computer professional and he spends lots of times in computer. Last months only he had a complete cat scan, and he does not have health insurance. As a friend how can I help him, and I am new to health insurance and I want more information about health insurance.

Happy christmas
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

Your other thread says you have a 16 year old daughter. How long have you been in the states? I didn't think anyone could be here, especially with children and survive without health insurance :confused:

Anyway, you will could go to a broker who could help, but doing it on-line is good. Just investigate different insurances. What coverage you want? Any co-pays? Do you want to cover vision and dental?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Lower back pain could be any number of ailments. Disc problems, muscle spasms, who knows.

At any rate it usually doesnt just get better on its own.

Medical care will financially bury a person without coverage.

Quite simply get coverage. Get it before it gets worse, if a physical is required most insurers will deny coverage for existing health problems.

Insurance isnt cheap but surgery without it is very bad.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

If you are in the US there are many State assisted programs for people that can't afford the huge price of Insurance. I suggest you get on one ASAP.

If you have Children the State usually provide very low premiums for coverage. In California it is called "Health Families" through the State with Blue Cross/Blue Shield as the carrier.

Look into what is available in your area through your States website or County website for Health care. GOOD LUCK
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

1st of all the Cat Scan your friend just had - will be expensive..

my last Scan (July '07) was $1600.00.

Depending on this persons financial status - your friend might qualify for State assistance, and needs to apply immediately so the Cat Scan would be covered..

As Far as Health Ins. - depending on the age of your friend & if State assistance denies coverage - you'll need to shop around.

Has you friend tried Chiropractor's - Therapy ?

Good luck

Patsy

Return to “Healthcare”