what do you remember about the 70's?

Where the 1970's never ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of the 1970's.
User avatar
Hope6
Posts: 11554
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Virginia

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Hope6 »

come on, lets test our memories. I'm a child of the late 70's and early 80's so I remember things like

Saturday Night Fever- I was a big Travolta fan and a huge Bee Gees fan

Grease- that was actually the first movie I ever saw in a theater

Star Wars- still a huge sc-fi fan

Smokey and the Bandit- still watch it now when it comes on cable

On TV it was the six million dollar man & the bionic woman, huge fan of wonderwoman,the hardy boys-big shaun cassidy fan, welcome back kotter, one day at a time, good times, the jeffersons, spent a lot of time watching reruns of the original stat trek.

My parents listened to a lot of country music so I kinda liked all those CB songs
librtyhead
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by librtyhead »

I remember marching in a parade in Concord Mass on the 4th of July 1976

I also remember Jim Morrison getting arrested for indecent exposure but that was the 60's

I remember the announcement of the end of the Vietnam war

I also remember all the ear-aches I would get during the disco era

I remember making a UFO with candles straws and plastic bags ( I never did figure out how they knew it was me!)

I do not remember 1978 though ..........:rolleyes:
User avatar
Hope6
Posts: 11554
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Virginia

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Hope6 »

Yeah I remember 1976, our church had one Sunday where we got dressed up in old-fashioned clothes to celebrate the bicentennial ,that was fun I remember my dad collecting the quarters and silver dollars.

I remember when Elvis died-I was a big fan of his as well

I don't remember much about the war, I must have been to young
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I remember being in love and about to be married to a wonderful man and got cold feet:wah:I was on the road to a new career and terribly happy....good times, great friends, music and experiences. Those were good times for me:-6
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was in elementary school in 1976 and remember wearing the bi-centenial clothing to celebrate the anniversary of our independence as a nation...didn't understand it then, just thought it was fun to dress up all fancy like....:-6

I remember "Con-voy" and I had a hand held cb radio....I was TOO cool

I loved going to see grease in the theatre....and still love to watch it 'till this day!

I remember having the funky flowery pants that I probably would laugh if someone suggested that I wear them now-adays!

I remember star wars and dressing up like Princess Leah(spelling--sorry, not a big sci-fi chick)

I remember jaws and there was a song that was a parady about it, would love to find that to play it for my kids

I remember John Travolta in Saturday night fever and my mom going bonkers... along with Chris Christopherson, she loved the movie "a star is born"

I remember watching the "Sonny and Cher" show, Carol Burnett (one of my all time faves!) and I LOVED Donny Osmond....saw him in concert TWICE!!!

I remember feeling safe going down the street to my friends house, I don't remember my mom ever telling me not to talk to strangers....we lived in a small community and everyone knew us for the most part....it was a nice place to grow up in!:-6
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by gmc »

Three day working week, miners strike, the winter of discontent, mass unemployment , university students throwing bottles at the queen, being unemployed and wondering if I would ever get a decent job, no money, kipper ties, flared trousers, morris marinas, ford cortinas the sweeney the professionals, queen, slade, the sweet, punk rock quadrophenia.
User avatar
Hope6
Posts: 11554
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Virginia

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Hope6 »

WonderWendy3;783364 wrote: I was in elementary school in 1976 and remember wearing the bi-centenial clothing to celebrate the anniversary of our independence as a nation...didn't understand it then, just thought it was fun to dress up all fancy like....:-6

I remember "Con-voy" and I had a hand held cb radio....I was TOO cool

I loved going to see grease in the theatre....and still love to watch it 'till this day!

I remember having the funky flowery pants that I probably would laugh if someone suggested that I wear them now-adays!

I remember star wars and dressing up like Princess Leah(spelling--sorry, not a big sci-fi chick)

I remember jaws and there was a song that was a parady about it, would love to find that to play it for my kids

I remember John Travolta in Saturday night fever and my mom going bonkers... along with Chris Christopherson, she loved the movie "a star is born"

I remember watching the "Sonny and Cher" show, Carol Burnett (one of my all time faves!) and I LOVED Donny Osmond....saw him in concert TWICE!!!

I remember feeling safe going down the street to my friends house, I don't remember my mom ever telling me not to talk to strangers....we lived in a small community and everyone knew us for the most part....it was a nice place to grow up in!:-6


I'm like you, I'll still watch grease now when it comes on too.

Oh, I forgot about all of them! I LOVED watching Sonny and Cher, Carol burnett and Donnie and Marie-I had a crush on Donny too. There was another one that my parents had to watch every week too-Hee Haw:wah: I didn't realize how corny it was at the time.:confused:

I lived (still live) on a tobacco farm, we had no neighbors in sight of us. It was completely free I could run around outside and play and not worry about anything (except snakes). It's a wonderful place to live although it's changed some now, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.:)
User avatar
Hope6
Posts: 11554
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Virginia

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Hope6 »

Oh . by the way, I love your avatar I was a HUGE fan of Wonder Woman when it came on when I was a kid.:)
User avatar
Imladris
Posts: 4798
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Imladris »

The drought of 1976, the summer holidays just went on forever.



Watching Star Wars aged 10 and falling in love with Luke Skywalker.



Power cuts, bread and sugar shortages. Mum and Dad being skint at lot of the time.



The Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds.



Starting secondary school in 1978.



The Queen's Silver Jubilee and having a special event at my school.



Moving to Cornwall in 1974 where it just rained and rained and rained!!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy





Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
moonpie
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by moonpie »

All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart Shows - used to be really good line up for TV on Saturday night. Lava Lights, when Nixon got impeached and Johnson died and Jimmy Carter. It seemed that it was safe to go out of the house after dark, and it was just an easer time to live in the world.
Benjamin
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:56 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Benjamin »

I remember it being so cold, the Hudson River would freeze and if it wasn't for the ice cutter boats cutting a path for shipping, you'd be able to walk all the way across.

I remember watching a program on TV where a woman was giving instructions on how to be cool. :wah:

Pong - the first popular video game.
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by kazalala »

Imladris;783513 wrote: The drought of 1976, the summer holidays just went on forever.

Watching Star Wars aged 10 and falling in love with Luke Skywalker.



Power cuts, bread and sugar shortages. Mum and Dad being skint at lot of the time.



The Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds.



Starting secondary school in 1978.



The Queen's Silver Jubilee and having a special event at my school.



Moving to Cornwall in 1974 where it just rained and rained and rained!!!


That was my first year at work,,, in a bakery:rolleyes::wah: not good in a hot summer:rolleyes:




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Benjamin
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:56 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Benjamin »

rjwould;784667 wrote: Hey yo, New York....Me too...



The 70's........Well, it all started with the Rolling Stones' 'Sticky Fingers' (perhaps my favorite all time LP)....Need I say more? It was my 14-24 decade....lots of fun, adventure, awareness and danger......"I wish those days could come back once more"..Stevie Wonder


Hey hey! Knuckle bump

Yeah, Sticky Fingers is a great album. The Stones were definitely at their best when they had Mick Taylor in the band.

RJ, your sig should read: "Bush........It's what we deserve for electing a FAILED businessman to do a politicians job." Every business he ever ran, he ran into the ground -- just like he's run this country into the ground.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by southern yankee »

the music. i don't mean disco either. the music of today will never be able to beat the good rock of the 70's. Still popular today. i am 50, i still have it LOUD in my Minni Van:wah: The cloths were wild. But OMG, the leasure suit:-2. that person was HIGH or something. What a joke!!:wah: What fun i had. it was a much safer time back then. miss those days:(
User avatar
Helen
Posts: 3092
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:13 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Helen »

my three girls were born in the 70's.

platform shoes !! cant imagine what i looked like being 5' 10" BEFORE i put them on !!

the drought, the ex worked on a farm, left at first light, worked till about 11-30am then we spent the afternoon by the river and at tea time he went back to work when it got cool.

was never into disco music, another stones fan here :rolleyes:
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Chezzie »

Bay City Rollers

Abba

The Goodies

Banana Splits tv

Fruit of the loom (jeans)

floppy single records

Texan Bars

Donny Osmond

Rolf Harris

My chopper bike

The Sweeney

Monopoly

Love Story film

It aint arf hot mum

Space Hoppers

Birmingham Bags (trousers)

Tank tops

white jeans with a tartan scarf sewn down each side (BAY CITY ROLLERS)

Logan's Run

My punk rocker brothers

Grange Hill

Wonder Woman

Bionic Man

Hart to hart

list is endless.........70's rocked:D
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by qsducks »

Helen;920163 wrote: my three girls were born in the 70's.

platform shoes !! cant imagine what i looked like being 5' 10" BEFORE i put them on !!

the drought, the ex worked on a farm, left at first light, worked till about 11-30am then we spent the afternoon by the river and at tea time he went back to work when it got cool.

was never into disco music, another stones fan here :rolleyes:


Platform shoes!:wah: How about hip huggers? I remember sitting on a mailbox in Philadelphia, Pa watching the parade for the Bicentennial. Huge party that year in the city. Lots of fun.

Remember when Jaws came out in the theatre? Everybody wore shark bracelets at the beach that summer and there were lot's of "sightings". They were actually dolphins, but everybody was so paranoid,:wah:

Oh, and another Stones fan:guitarist
User avatar
kazalala
Posts: 13036
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:00 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;920174 wrote: Bay City Rollers

Abba

The Goodies

Banana Splits tv

Fruit of the loom (jeans)

floppy single records

Texan Bars

Donny Osmond

Rolf Harris

My chopper bike

The Sweeney

Monopoly

Love Story film

It aint arf hot mum

Space Hoppers

Birmingham Bags (trousers)

Tank tops

white jeans with a tartan scarf sewn down each side (BAY CITY ROLLERS)

Logan's Run

My punk rocker brothers

Grange Hill

Wonder Woman

Bionic Man

Hart to hart

list is endless.........70's rocked:D


:wah:i used to dress like the Bay city rollers:guitarist was about the only time i folowed the fashion,, and Space hoppers wooooooo what fun:D:wah::wah:




FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15833
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Betty Boop »

Imladris;783513 wrote: The drought of 1976, the summer holidays just went on forever.



Watching Star Wars aged 10 and falling in love with Luke Skywalker.



Power cuts, bread and sugar shortages. Mum and Dad being skint at lot of the time.



The Bay City Rollers and the Osmonds.



Starting secondary school in 1978.



The Queen's Silver Jubilee and having a special event at my school.



Moving to Cornwall in 1974 where it just rained and rained and rained!!!


I remember the drought, was six years old and used to help mum back up the hill with the water.

I remember a lot of reading by candlelight, I guess those were the power cuts then. :wah:

Silver Jubilee, I had a new dress and the estate we lived on held a big party in the field behind the pub.

My sister adored The Osmorons, I hated them :D

Remeber Jaws and Rocky but hated Star Trek.

I fractured my arm in the seventies and had a few weeks of school, that was cool :cool:.

Back in the seventies whilst at primary school my dream was to be a hairdresser.

My dad drove a red ford cortina.

Saturday night fever, loved that film, my brother and I walked two miles to my Grans house to watch it in colour one saturday night, my brother faithfully promised my mum that it would be suitable for me to watch, I was quite young and I remember being shocked at one or two parts. :wah:

In the summer of 76 it didn't rain in Cornwall Immy, you just came two years early :rolleyes:
RedGlitter
Posts: 15777
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey Wendy....when they blow up the bridge in Convoy? That was done here. It was the Needles California bridge connecting California to Arizona. We all went down and watched them make that scene. :) I think I was maybe 12.

Going down to "Licorice Pizza" and buying RECORDS (LPs) for $2.99.

The dingbat you put inside the 45 rpm to make it stay on the 33 rpm record spindle.

My first platform shoes with the red and yellow embroidered flowers on the wedge part.

Yes...the Bay City Rollers. S! A! TUR! DAY! NIGHT! NIGHT!

The Partridge Family and how much I was in love with Danny. :wah: My mom preferred Keith. I thought Keith was fruity.

Getting our Weekly Reader in school.

The meat shortage. Some assh*le stole my pet duck. :-1

The gas shortage. My dad owned a service station and I'd cry when people would get mad at him for not selling them gas on the even or odd numbered day.

Stretch Armstrong

How big the Bicentennial was.

How much I cried when Elvis died. I loved Elvis. I papered every wall in my room with him.

Farrah Fawcett and that damned nipple poster that every guy in my class wanted.

The Bee Gees

Disco

Satin disco shirts

Satin jackets

Olivia Newton John

Sylvania Flash Cubes

Polaroid film

Doing "The Hustle" and "The Bump" with my friends

8 tracks. How after a while they'd play "loose" and start to warble and you'd have to fold up a matchbook and stick it in the slot to take up the slack.

"Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific"

Ayds Diet Candy

LCD crystal watches! All my cousins had them. They were black until you pushed the button then the red numbers would come up

Magic 8 Ball

Pinball machines! I still love them.

Elton John being cool.

Sea & Ski suntan lotion and that smell it had.

The yummy way gas used to smell before they did stuff to it.

White or pink frosted lipstick

Kissing Potion Roll-On Lip Gloss

Instamatic pocket cameras

K-Tel

Pocket Fisherman by Ronco

Watergate pre-empting all my cartoons!

Those big spinning display platforms car dealerships used.

Pop machines where you put your quarter in, opened up the door and pulled the pop out by the bottleneck and sometimes you'd have to brace your foot on the machine and yank real hard.

RC Cola in the tall-neck returnable bottles

Pop Rocks

"Hey! Let's get Mikey! He won't eat it! He hates everything. Hey Mikey! He likes it!" (Life cereal)

Watching Wild Kingdom, Disney and 60 Minutes with my parents on Sunday and how I'd try so hard to drag out those last hours because I didn't want to go back to school.

Aspergum

Astro Pops, the Mexican suckers

ice cream truck

digital clocks coming out

I love this thread.

Going to school with feathered hair and a big plastic comb in my back pocket

Dittos jeans with the butt seam

Earth shoes

Pet rocks
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

WOW!! Awesome list, you just sent me back to the seventies BIG time with your list!

The scene in convoy where they blow up the bridge is the ONLY part of that whole movie that I remembered from WAY back when until I watched it recently with the boys.

Awesome list...and I liked Keith too, from the Partridge family, even though he was a bit conceited, Danny was the brains of the operation though!:wah:
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Chezzie »

RedGlitter;920449 wrote: Hey Wendy....when they blow up the bridge in Convoy? That was done here. It was the Needles California bridge connecting California to Arizona. We all went down and watched them make that scene. :) I think I was maybe 12.

Going down to "Licorice Pizza" and buying RECORDS (LPs) for $2.99.

The dingbat you put inside the 45 rpm to make it stay on the 33 rpm record spindle.

My first platform shoes with the red and yellow embroidered flowers on the wedge part.

Yes...the Bay City Rollers. S! A! TUR! DAY! NIGHT! NIGHT!

The Partridge Family and how much I was in love with Danny. :wah: My mom preferred Keith. I thought Keith was fruity.

Getting our Weekly Reader in school.

The meat shortage. Some assh*le stole my pet duck. :-1

The gas shortage. My dad owned a service station and I'd cry when people would get mad at him for not selling them gas on the even or odd numbered day.

Stretch Armstrong

How big the Bicentennial was.

How much I cried when Elvis died. I loved Elvis. I papered every wall in my room with him.

Farrah Fawcett and that damned nipple poster that every guy in my class wanted.

The Bee Gees

Disco

Satin disco shirts

Satin jackets

Olivia Newton John

Sylvania Flash Cubes

Polaroid film

Doing "The Hustle" and "The Bump" with my friends

8 tracks. How after a while they'd play "loose" and start to warble and you'd have to fold up a matchbook and stick it in the slot to take up the slack.

"Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific"

Ayds Diet Candy

LCD crystal watches! All my cousins had them. They were black until you pushed the button then the red numbers would come up

Magic 8 Ball

Pinball machines! I still love them.

Elton John being cool.

Sea & Ski suntan lotion and that smell it had.

The yummy way gas used to smell before they did stuff to it.

White or pink frosted lipstick

Kissing Potion Roll-On Lip Gloss

Instamatic pocket cameras

K-Tel

Pocket Fisherman by Ronco

Watergate pre-empting all my cartoons!

Those big spinning display platforms car dealerships used.

Pop machines where you put your quarter in, opened up the door and pulled the pop out by the bottleneck and sometimes you'd have to brace your foot on the machine and yank real hard.

RC Cola in the tall-neck returnable bottles

Pop Rocks

"Hey! Let's get Mikey! He won't eat it! He hates everything. Hey Mikey! He likes it!" (Life cereal)

Watching Wild Kingdom, Disney and 60 Minutes with my parents on Sunday and how I'd try so hard to drag out those last hours because I didn't want to go back to school.

Aspergum

Astro Pops, the Mexican suckers

ice cream truck

digital clocks coming out

I love this thread.

Going to school with feathered hair and a big plastic comb in my back pocket

Dittos jeans with the butt seam

Earth shoes

Pet rocks


I loved my stretch armstrong...was one of my fav toys.

When they brought out stretchy Homer last year and my daughter asked for it for xmas it brought back all my great memories of playing with armstrong so I couldnt wait to buy it her. Damned thing got a hole in its nipple on xmas day after one stretch and has gel stuff oozing out. Bring back the quality of the 70's:D
User avatar
shelbell
Posts: 6247
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by shelbell »

So many here bringback some wonderful old memorie.

One of my favorites was rollerskating to disco every weekend...I met my first boyfriend there...:D
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by qsducks »

Rotary phones
User avatar
sunny104
Posts: 11986
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by sunny104 »

the tv stations shutting down at the end of the night :eek:
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by chonsigirl »

End of Viet Nam War

Graduating from high school, one of the boys going off to 'Nam. He didn't return. :(

Going to college for the first time

Getting Married

Having my first child :-4

Hard economic times.

Gas lines.

Rising food prices.

Mixed with:

Star Wars

End of the space program for awhile

Disco music, and learning to play rock and roll forever

Lots of sitcoms-some were very good back then

Growing up into an adult (still a process)
joey2000
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:19 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by joey2000 »

Lot of great stuff here. Pardon any duplications but what comes to mind for me offhand:

MOVIES:

Star Wars, Jaws, Godfather, Smokey/Bandit

TV:

Sesame St (and later, the Muppet Show - Henson was a genius)

All in the Family, MTM, Newhart all in a row

Brady Bunch, Partidges, Room 222, Odd Couple, and Love American Style all in a row

Happy Days

Dad being big into the "detective shows" (Mannix, Cannon)

3 stooges

Star Trek

in fact what a huge deal getting cable was!

SPORTS:

heydey of the Dolphins, Steelers, Cowboys, Vikes, Rams

MUSIC:

Great great rock and pop, some of artists big into included Doobies, Eagles, Billy Joel, Yes, and played the #$@! out of Frampton Live (still best live album ever). And how much I hated disco but love it now :cool: I could list a zillion artists here, including a lot of 1-hit wonders.....

Also 8 tracks, and then recording albums to cassettes and how great that was

Also how big into good quality stereo components we were! Now nobody cares

GAMES:

board games (no electricity, love it) eg battleship, life, payday, piggly wiggly etc

just making up games in the backyard

(for the girls) that betty crocker "play" oven

the football game where you put the little records in to hear the play, or the ones where you flicked a little spring-action ball to determine the outcome

"incredible edibles"

lite bright

toy soldiers

FASHION:

platform shoes

silk print shirts

"mesh" athletic T shirts

thigh-high tube socks w/the colored stripes

longer hair

adidas sneaks w/the 3 or 4 stripes down the middle

those hiking boots, they were brown seude with red/white laces

clogs

girls w/those shoes that were waterproof, blue and tan sorta looks like clogs

FOOD:

pop rocks

bottle caps

coke in glass bottles

soda dispensers where the styrofoam cup dropped down and stuff poured in (for a dime)

cereal like count chocula, freakies, and about 100 diff kinds of capn crunch. oh and my fav quake, which they quit making the #$#@!s.

MISC:

my first camera, a kodak pocket 110

that Farrah poster :) also the Cheryl Tiegs one

comic books

jr. high dances and what a big deal it seemed like then (the pressure)

CBs

"feathered" haircuts

those hokey ads and catalogues you send away for (see them in magazines of comics) to get gimmicky stuff - one I remember was called the Johnson Smith company
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by hoppy »

Got divorced in '78. After that, lots of pissant jobs, bar fights, GF's. I hated the '70's.:(
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12542
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by LarsMac »

Disco

I hated disco

grateful Dead.

Gas prices doubling in a matter of days.

'nam sucked.

'nam over.

TV sucked,

Pop music sucked,

Jack Daniels and I got along really well.

The next thing I knew it was the eighties.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1270634 wrote: Got divorced in '78. After that, lots of pissant jobs, bar fights, GF's. I hated the '70's.:(


Just for one I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hated the seventies.

1979 MAGGIE THATCHER CAME TO POWER:eek::eek::eek::eek::-5:-5:-5:-5

1997 Tony Blair:-5:-5:-5:-5then gordon brown:eek::eek::eek:

If I'd only known how happy I was.
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by minks »

Bad hair, but not as bad as the 80's ahahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Nomad »

This is the truth.

My high school ripped out the stalls and urinals in 4 bathrooms and gave us coffee cans for cigarette butts. They actually gave us a smoking lounge and the teachers did not enter them.

There were lots of drugs passed around and smoked in those bathrooms.

Looking back on it it seems incredulous but those were different times.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by chonsigirl »

70s-you were sent home from school if you wore pants. :-2

You were suspended if they caught you singing the theme song from M*A*S*H.

Dress checks-they measured the heighth of your skirt above the knee. Thank goodness for skirts that could roll up afterwards. :wah:

64' Chevy Nova with mags, that cruised on Whittier Boulevard. A hottie that could outbeat every boy's car there-dangerous pursuits in the mall parking lot, about 50 mph between the metal poles to throw them off and get back on the Boulevard first.

High school friends coming home in flag drapped coffins from the war. :-1

Women beginning to enter male fields in college: 50 to 1 ratio. It wasn't good for my grades, but I had a great social life for awhile. :wah:

Music that held meaning about love, war, and other social issues. Something I see sadly lacking this time during war. :(
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12542
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by LarsMac »

One good thing came out of the 70's for me.

In 79 I met my current wife.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
WonderWendy3
Posts: 12412
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:44 am

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I still have fond memories of the 70"s, I mean I was still a kid - but it wasn't all bad. Back in the day when we had to use a camera for taking pictures and a phone on the wall with a cord to make phone calls....
User avatar
Guppers
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Guppers »

1976 and the bicentennial quarters everywhere
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12542
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by LarsMac »

The 70s were the beginning of a lot of things for me, so they weren't all bad. My Daughter, my first divorce, discharge from the Navy, [big empty spot here] my life after drugs and drinking, My first career, my second divorce, and it capped off with me meeting my current wife, and starting my second career.

Though the best part of the 70s for me remains, New Year's Eve 1979 at midnight.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Guppers
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Guppers »

LarsMac;1280824 wrote: One good thing came out of the 70's for me.

In 79 I met my current wife.


LarsMac;1503448 wrote: The 70s were the beginning of a lot of things for me, so they weren't all bad. My Daughter, my first divorce, discharge from the Navy, [big empty spot here] my life after drugs and drinking, My first career, my second divorce, and it capped off with me meeting my current wife, and starting my second career.

Though the best part of the 70s for me remains, New Year's Eve 1979 at midnight.


Nomad;1280610 wrote: This is the truth.

My high school ripped out the stalls and urinals in 4 bathrooms and gave us coffee cans for cigarette butts. They actually gave us a smoking lounge and the teachers did not enter them.

There were lots of drugs passed around and smoked in those bathrooms.

Looking back on it it seems incredulous but those were different times.


I remember being allowed to smoke on high school grounds...and there were smoking sections in restraunts...
User avatar
Guppers
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:24 pm

what do you remember about the 70's?

Post by Guppers »

LarsMac;1503448 wrote: The 70s were the beginning of a lot of things for me, so they weren't all bad. My Daughter, my first divorce, discharge from the Navy, [big empty spot here] my life after drugs and drinking, My first career, my second divorce, and it capped off with me meeting my current wife, and starting my second career.

Though the best part of the 70s for me remains, New Year's Eve 1979 at midnight.


Sounds like you made some major life changes in the 70's. I graduated high school in 81.. So basically all I can say about the seventies is...I grew up...lol

Return to “The Super 70's”