I have one, too

A place to explain or ask another member to explain the meaning behind their avatar.
Marie5656

I have one, too

Post by Marie5656 »

Mine is just showing off my little girl,Trixie the chinchilla. That was taken a few weeks after we got her, so she was just a few months old.
nihilisticmadman

I have one, too

Post by nihilisticmadman »

It is cute, a friend of mine used to have 2...

He does't anymore, I wonder what happend to them actually...

myspace
Sheryl

I have one, too

Post by Sheryl »

She's a cutie, I'd like to have a pet like that but with 3 cats and 3 dogs, just would be live food for one of them. :rolleyes:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
BabyRider

I have one, too

Post by BabyRider »

Chins sure are adorable....and SO soft...Very cute, Marie!

Do they vocalize at all???? I haven't been around chins much....
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Marie5656

I have one, too

Post by Marie5656 »

BabyRider wrote: Chins sure are adorable....and SO soft...Very cute, Marie!

Do they vocalize at all???? I haven't been around chins much....

Well, yes they do. I do know of a siter which has examples of chin sounds. When I can find it I will add it here. But, some of Trixie's include a soft little squeek..rather like a mouse. She uses this one when happy or content, or just plain investigating her world. Another, which I call her skritchy sound she uses when angry..and wants you to back off. Usually this happens when I put my hand in her cage to clean out some wet bedding, and I do not realize she is asleep, and I have startled her. She has done it also if she does not want to be disturbed. Once my husband was holding her, and I went to take her back to put her back in her cage. She started skritching...as if to say I am happy here with daddy..leave me alone. The last one I can think of off hand is her "attention" signal. Rather like a gutteral barking sound. This one is used when chins are looking for the other members in thier pack, and want a response. By the way..that means me and Rick in this case. She will actually bark till we respond to her. This does not happen as often as others.

As I said, if I can find the link to the sounds, I will post it here.
Marie5656

I have one, too

Post by Marie5656 »

Found the link to thier sounds rather quickly. Here it is:

www.cheekychinchillas.com/chinsounds.html

Return to “Explain Your Avatar!”