Dragons

Discuss the metaphysical.
koan

Dragons

Post by koan »

In one of the many King Arthur movies, Merlin says " I once called upon the dragon and it took me ... years to recover". What does the dragon represent to you?

To me it is core energy. Primal. It is the stuff which the Earth was made of before it was the Earth and it has a name. It can be called. I believe in dragons. I also believe you better not call them unless you really need them.
PoisonedElf25

Dragons

Post by PoisonedElf25 »

Dragons, in my opinion, represent wisdom, honor, power, and spirituality. I, too, believe in Dragons and have a deep passion and respect for them. It also helps my passion for them, as I am a Dragon, being born in the year of the Dragon. I agree with you that they are core energy as I believe that all the energies of the Earth can be found in Dragons. It is interesting to me that almost all cultures have stories of Dragons. Even the Celts believed in Dragons, and if I remember correctly, their Dragons were similar to the Dragons in the far East of Japan and China. I will have to look that up again, as I might not be remembering correctly. I do not believe that Dragons were horrific beasts as they have so often been depicted. I think a lot of the misconception is that they were offered sacrifices and offerings in return for protection and knowledge. What do you think?
Semper Fidelis,

Joe D. Myers :sneaky:

JoeDMyers25@yahoo.com
koan

Dragons

Post by koan »

Do not be afraid of the true dragon.

-zen saying

I doubt they were talking about King Arthur.

Return to “Magic Mystery”