What did you believe?

Share your best finds on the Internet.
Katy1

What did you believe?

Post by Katy1 »

http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/

What did you believe when you were young only to find out that it was a load of old codswallop?!

I used to believe that my Grandad had a tin of horse manure on top of the cupboard in his kitchen that he would spread on his head to make his hair grow. When I was a bit older and had what I thought was an understanding of the facts of life, I thought that a mans penis was rolled up like a fireman's hose, to be rolled out to have sex and then coiled back up again!:o (please, no comments on how yours is actually like that....:rolleyes: )

Go on, spill the beans.........

Katy:D
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

WOW.....Katy

I thought I was the only one who thought that was how a penis was done up:-3

The horse poop wasn't on my agenda. No horses aroung:D just bald heads:wah:
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
Tigerlily

What did you believe?

Post by Tigerlily »

My mother always told us that our local river was deep and treacherous and we were to be very careful when anywhere near it. I think I must have been about 45 when I realised, on a visit home, that some chaps were messing about in a rowing boat and one was standing up to his waist in the river.

She wasn't lying all the time, as when it was in flood it was deep and flowing fast. I discovered that my friends were also told the same tale.

Duh.
Carl44

What did you believe?

Post by Carl44 »

i was led to believe that there was a money box under the stairs and if i put all my 50p's (about a dollar ) in it when i was older i could have enough to buy a car , i found out later it was the gas meter :( :(

this is true :(
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

Hamster wrote: My mum and dad always told me if I ate porridge it would stick to my ribs...and keep me warm in the winter!

Also I believed that if I picked my nose my brains would fall out!!

(My parents have a lot to answer for:wah: )

LSHIAFOMCOTFARA.....thas Laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair onto the floor and rolled around.

Didja ever figure out Hammy that your brains would stay put. That is so funny.:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :

I really believed that if I cried that my face would freeze like that. hmmmm maybe that is why I never cried.......nothing or screamed.

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

Clint

What did you believe?

Post by Clint »

"Raining cats and dogs"... I still remember looking for them.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

Hamster wrote: Actually Weber....my brains did fall out! Why d'ya think I am like this??

OMG:-2 It happened to all of us:-3 . That's why were here:D . Everybody evacuate.:wah:

Insomniac

What did you believe?

Post by Insomniac »

When I was 5 years old, my brother showed me microphone/speaker from a ham radio set, and told me that thousands of little people lived inside. I really believed him!
You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails.
Imladris

What did you believe?

Post by Imladris »

When I first met hubby I was taking my eye make up off with nivea cream and spread some on his arm, he told me that he was allergic to it, I paniced and was apologising frantically wondering why he was laughing at something so serious!! (moron)

My daughter for years believed that she couldn't sleep unless I put a 'going-to-sleep' spell on her first!:wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Lulu2

What did you believe?

Post by Lulu2 »

Oh, Pinks! :lips:

Someone told me that drinking coffee would turn my knees black and I believed it.

Someone else told me I could change into a boy if I kissed my elbow! I probably spent WEEKS trying that one.

:-5

I remember being furious and feeling betrayed when I learned about Santa Claus. They'd told me HE WAS REAL! (I hope I haven't broken any hearts with that revelation.)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
guppy

What did you believe?

Post by guppy »

i remember believing meat was made in a factory. i had not a clue that it was ever an ANIMAL. I still remember the exact moment that belief got shattered. yuk.:thinking:
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

I believed that watermelon seeds would grow in my stomach and I had visions of watermelon trees growing up and out of my mouth:guitarist

guppy

What did you believe?

Post by guppy »

i rememebr believing if you swallowed gum , you could fart and blow bubbles out your but.......:wah:
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

guppy wrote: i rememebr believing if you swallowed gum , you could fart and blow bubbles out your but.......:wah::yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl butt Guppy

you're a nut:D

Insomniac

What did you believe?

Post by Insomniac »

Too funny! Your mom would have had to spend a lot of money on undies!:wah:
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

Insomniac wrote: Too funny! Your mom would have had to spend a lot of money on undies!:wah:
No wonder you can't sleep Insom:-3

Insomniac

What did you believe?

Post by Insomniac »

I don't get it...why would that keep me from sleeping?
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

Insomniac wrote: I don't get it...why would that keep me from sleeping?

Oh I just thought it was funny and you must stay up alll night thinking of funny things to say:D I wasn't being bad funny:-4

Lulu2

What did you believe?

Post by Lulu2 »

:wah: I'd forgotten about the watermelon seed thing! I've always loved the taste of watermelon seeds & have been eating them (secretly) forever! As a kid, "THEY" told me those seeds would sprout and grow and a watermelon plant would come right out of my MOUTH!

(What a rotten thing to say to a kid!) :thinking:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Katy1

What did you believe?

Post by Katy1 »

Pinky wrote: I believed I was adopted until I was in my teens, because my brother told me that regularly from an early age, accompanied by 'Don't ask mum about it, it upsets her'. Honest to god!

:wah: That's so cruelly funny...I laughed out loud at that one, sorry Pinky...

I was an older sibling and had a bit of a mean streak. If he got on my nerves (theres a 5 yr difference) I'd pick up the 'phone and pretend to call the orphanage......"yes? You've one place left for a naughty boy? Great, I'll just get his shoes on"......:yh_devil
YZGI

What did you believe?

Post by YZGI »

When my parents would find something out I didnt think they knew. I would ask them who told you? They always told me a little bird told them. I couldnt wait till I grew up so the birds would talk to me.:wah:
Insomniac

What did you believe?

Post by Insomniac »

Katy1 wrote:

I was an older sibling and had a bit of a mean streak. If he got on my nerves (theres a 5 yr difference) I'd pick up the 'phone and pretend to call the orphanage......"yes? You've one place left for a naughty boy? Great, I'll just get his shoes on"......:yh_devil

OMG, now THAT is really mean!! Funny though (since it didn't happen to me.)
Uncle Kram

What did you believe?

Post by Uncle Kram »

If I held a finger up in front of me then looked in the distance, I used to think that I could see through my finger :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
weber

What did you believe?

Post by weber »

I used to believe babies came out of your bellybutton......I mean like where else could they come out????????????????Gaaaaaaa and I won't even tell you how old I was but old enough to know better. Not sure whether this was before the cabbage patch or not. Cuz the endeearing term was "mon petit choux" and choux are cabbages, so why not. Jez go pick a baby LOL.:-5

Katy1

What did you believe?

Post by Katy1 »

helefra wrote: Just to add on this one - my mum told me that she thought the reason why a man's penis went stiff was because there was a bone in it.

:yh_rotfl

What an excuse that would be.....'what? What? It's got a bone in it, I can't help it!'
Carl44

What did you believe?

Post by Carl44 »

Katy1 wrote: What an excuse that would be.....'what? What? It's got a bone in it, I can't help it!'

i thought that was why they called it a boner :wah:
Lulu2

What did you believe?

Post by Lulu2 »

Which gives new meaning to the term "bone head."

Return to “Links to the Fascinating”