Flynt Courts Coulter; Suggests She Consider Her Own Shrinking Shelf Life”

Share your best finds on the Internet.
DisassociatedDave

Post by DisassociatedDave »

LOS ANGELES (Disassociated Press) June 8, 2006 – Hustler Publisher and political activist Larry Flynt has made an offer to author/analyst Anne Coulter to pose in a Hustler spread for an undisclosed amount of money. Flynt claims to have been prompted to this action by recent statements Ms. Coulter has made involving the widows of four New Jersey firefighters, whose husbands were killed in the September 11, 2006 World Trade Center attacks...

(To read the rest, click onto the link below, or copy/paste it to your web browser. After you've finished, be sure to come back to ForumGarden.com).

http://www.disassociatedpress.com/fccs.htm
koan

Post by koan »

Ms. Coulter, a fan favorite of many for her courteous and diplomatic demeanor, lovingly suggested that these widows might be consoled if they were to pose for Playboy. Ms. Coulter also sweetly but strongly advised, in her own inimitable way, that they do this soon, while at the height of their feminine beauty.

Why does anyone buy this woman's books? She's despicable.
koan

Post by koan »

More Coulter "wisdom"

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"---Hannity & Colmes, 6/20/01

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."---MSNBC

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote."---Hannity & Colmes, 8/17/99

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote."---Politically Incorrect, 2/26/01

"I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood' to be flogged publicly."---MSNBC 3/22/97

"Originally, I was the only female with long blonde hair. Now, they all have long blonde hair."---CapitolHillBlue.com 6/6/00

"I am emboldened by my looks to say things Republican men wouldn't."---TV Guide 8/97

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism."---MSNBC 2/8/97
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Diuretic wrote: Nutter.

no, she's anything but nuts. she's a polemicist and satirist. i find her column at jewish world review hilarious. yes, she's incredibly biting and over the top. and a lot of her stuff is right on the money too. if you let her over the top stuff get to you, you're just playing into her hands.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Diuretic wrote: You're right anastrophe - it's all about money. The pity is that some slackjaws absolutely believe she is correct in everything she says/writes.

it's no more about money than anything else. it's a pity that there are slackjaws that believe every word of the Bible is "true fact", too, but that's not the fault or responsibility of the author(s).

the world's full of boobs who are lucky to get the fork to their mouth without stabbing themselves in the foot. their existence is hardly an indictment of the person who wrote the menu.

note: i'm not trying to make any sense. for those who thought i might be.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
koan

Post by koan »

I like Olbermann's comments from MSNBC

from the transcript:

To recap Coulter's argument: The wives of those who died in the worst attack in this nation's history enjoyed their husband's deaths and profited off them, they have politicized 9/11, their positions as widows immunize them from any criticism or debate over their opinions. All of this stated by a commentator much of whose income in the last four and a half years has derived from *her* speeches and writings about the deaths of those same men on 9/11. All this stated by a commentator who has staunchly, repeatedly, and enthusiastically defended an administration that began to politicize 9/11 within a month of the nightmare and has never paused for a moment since. All of this stated by a commentator who has called those who have criticized her and her party "un-American" and now, "godless." All of this stated by a commentator who is bitching that these 9/11 widows can't be criticized while she is writing a book and going on TV and venomously criticizing them.

Return to “Links to the Fascinating”