Getting SNOW??

A forum to discuss local issues in ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN, OH, MI
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

I was Watching WGN news. The weather man says it was snowing in the Chicago area. With more to come. I was born and raised in NW Indiana. Now living in the deep south. Would love to hear some SNOW stories. While I sit on my front porch. 69 now:) I do miss it Christmas EVE:yh_rotfl
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061020 wrote: I was Watching WGN news. The weather man says it was snowing in the Chicago area. With more to come. I was born and raised in NW Indiana. Now living in the deep south. Would love to hear some SNOW stories. While I sit on my front porch. 69 now:) I do miss it Christmas EVE:yh_rotfl


We are supposed to get snow showers tonight. Happens every 7 yrs or so in November, just in time for Lala's birthday:)
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

qsducks;1061022 wrote: We are supposed to get snow showers tonight. Happens every 7 yrs or so in November, just in time for Lala's birthday:) would love to move where there are 4 seasons. winter. but with about a inch or so of snow. NO more them that.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061030 wrote: would love to move where there are 4 seasons. winter. but with about a inch or so of snow. NO more them that.


Don't blame you on the 1" routine. My brother is from Maine and he laughs at us down in Philly and say's we "can't drive in an 1" of snow":wah: Sad thing is, he's right.:wah:
User avatar
guppy
Posts: 6793
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by guppy »

I live in the deep south as well..its supposed to be a deep freeze wednesday night.alas, no snow..and i looooooooooooooove snow..:wah:
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

were getting snow on Wed, yeah!



:)
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1061041 wrote: were getting snow on Wed, yeah!



:)


Bragger:wah:
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1061041 wrote: were getting snow on Wed, yeah!



:) you know you can't buy de-icer down here. my friends mail it to me.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061048 wrote: you know you can't buy de-icer down here. my friends mail it to me.


I never have that stuff on hand. Luckily I have my key set that opens the door via remote. Yahoo!:)
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

qsducks;1061050 wrote: I never have that stuff on hand. Luckily I have my key set that opens the door via remote. Yahoo!:) we do get a real heavy frost from time to time. would love to spray the window. and off i would go:wah:
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061054 wrote: we do get a real heavy frost from time to time. would love to spray the window. and off i would go:wah:


I remember on my birthday one year we got what they call a White Hurricane. Got almost a foot of snow and as my dad has always said "it starts ever so lightly", he wasn't bs on that one:wah:
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

qsducks;1061058 wrote: I remember on my birthday one year we got what they call a White Hurricane. Got almost a foot of snow and as my dad has always said "it starts ever so lightly", he wasn't bs on that one:wah: my birthday is late Jan. LOTS of Snow that time of year.;)
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061078 wrote: my birthday is late Jan. LOTS of Snow that time of year.;)


Mine is early March. Just shy of spring.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

qsducks;1061081 wrote: Mine is early March. Just shy of spring. my hubby;s in early March too:)
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1061102 wrote: my hubby;s in early March too:)


13th on my end
User avatar
G-man
Posts: 4534
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by G-man »

There are no signs of snow here, just some really thick fog.


Signature text removed at the request of a member.



Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!



User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by Oscar Namechange »

southern yankee;1061020 wrote: I was Watching WGN news. The weather man says it was snowing in the Chicago area. With more to come. I was born and raised in NW Indiana. Now living in the deep south. Would love to hear some SNOW stories. While I sit on my front porch. 69 now:) I do miss it Christmas EVE:yh_rotfl


We don't get much snow where i am or grew up on the south coast.

When i was 5 yrs old, my mum dropped me off at Primary school. By 2 pm, the teachers were frantically phoning our parents. My dad was one of the parents who dug us out of the school. So much snow in such a short time. My memory of it is vague and we have had nothing like it since, but i remember that after digging us out, my dad carried me on his shoulders home as even the cars were stuck.

The snow lasted for ever and for the first time kids dads were making them sleds.

Oh Happy days and a wonderfull and much missed dad.:-6:-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

Getting SNOW??

Post by chonsigirl »

They are calling for wintry mix, no snow yet. Oh, a delay would be nice in the morning. :)
User avatar
along-for-the-ride
Posts: 11732
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:28 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Let it snow....let it snow...let it snow :)

I also grew up in the snowy wintertime north and am living now in the southeast where we seldom see snow. Maybe that's why I enjoy snowglobes so much.

Click on each globe to see the snow fall. Enjoy!

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

along-for-the-ride;1061207 wrote: Let it snow....let it snow...let it snow :)

I also grew up in the snowy wintertime north and am living now in the southeast where we seldom see snow. Maybe that's why I enjoy snowglobes so much.

Click on each globe to see the snow fall. Enjoy! thank you they are beautiful and warm:)
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1061078 wrote: my birthday is late Jan. LOTS of Snow that time of year.;)


OMG, hey amigo, mine is to, are you Capricorn?
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1061438 wrote: OMG, hey amigo, mine is to, are you Capricorn? nope Aquarius
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1061484 wrote: nope Aquarius


damn, so close we are!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1061487 wrote: damn, so close we are!:yh_rotflYEP like FRICK AND FRACK:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

yup, it coming!

5 - 10CM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto:



Wednesday

Day: A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the morning. High plus 1.

Night: Periods of snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Temperature steady near zero.



Thursday

Cloudy with 70 percent chance of snow. High plus 2.
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1062672 wrote: yup, it coming!

5 - 10CM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto:



Wednesday

Day: A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming cloudy in the morning. High plus 1.

Night: Periods of snow. Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. Temperature steady near zero.



Thursday

Cloudy with 70 percent chance of snow. High plus 2. OMG!! it is 35!!! that is Jan. weather BRRRRRRR
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1062822 wrote: OMG!! it is 35!!! that is Jan. weather BRRRRRRR


plus 2 would be just above zero, not cold at all.
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1062903 wrote: plus 2 would be just above zero, not cold at all. HUH?????:confused:BRRRRRRR:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1062947 wrote: HUH?????:confused:BRRRRRRR:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl


you would have to figure out in temps what -2C is, trust me, its far from cold here!



we hit -20C with wind chills!

tis cold way up here, and tons of snow today!
Life is just to short for drama.
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1063000 wrote: you would have to figure out in temps what -2C is, trust me, its far from cold here!



we hit -20C with wind chills!

tis cold way up here, and tons of snow today! it is 66 and sunny now:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl. i have not been it really cold weather for about 18 years now. EEEEK. I don't even own a HEAVY WINTER coat. BRRRRR
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Getting SNOW??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1063313 wrote: it is 66 and sunny now:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl. i have not been it really cold weather for about 18 years now. EEEEK. I don't even own a HEAVY WINTER coat. BRRRRR


tis dark here now, so pretty watching it fall!

and to see houses with their Christmas lights on!
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Mid West”