Have a look

Share photos of yourself or your family. Have more to share? Start your Blog at www.forumgarden.net
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

Picture on second page. It is I suppose an illustration to my last post on the poetry and writing section.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »





Here is what one friend said about this picture.

I don’t ever want to see a picture of you that looks like the one I saw today ever again. You looked defeated. I could see that you felt it, in your eyes.


Want to know what makes a man look like that after a good 10 hours of sleep? Go read "Let me throw you a rope". I'll even make it real easy for you.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=30133
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
neffy
Posts: 3394
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Have a look

Post by neffy »

hi KB i like the photo to me t says so many different things
The rottie queen
KarmaDoodle
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Have a look

Post by KarmaDoodle »

KB - its got some good contrast and really makes you feel your emotion...good job.
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Have a look

Post by Chezzie »

KB.;670834 wrote:



Here is what one friend said about this picture.



Want to know what makes a man look like that after a good 10 hours of sleep? Go read "Let me throw you a rope". I'll even make it real easy for you.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=30133


Maybe only a friend could make that comment as they KNOW you but as a stranger looking in I see a different picture. You look strong

and in control. The way you are smoking that ciggie shows a devil may care attitude and you give off a good karma and also look quite arty...:)
User avatar
guppy
Posts: 6793
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Have a look

Post by guppy »

its a good picture of a handsome man..you look like you might be thinking of a poem or summat...hi ya kb...
KarmaDoodle
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Have a look

Post by KarmaDoodle »

yeah man - when i'm on a smoke break, i'm not usually upset, just stressed out...why don't you tell us what is really going on?
koan
Posts: 16817
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:00 pm

Have a look

Post by koan »

interesting photo.

there are parts that are really great but there is definitely a sense of negative emotion.

Don't think I'd say you look 'defeated' though.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Have a look

Post by Nomad »

Its interesting because of the contrasting background and the smoke. Also black and white usually have a heavier impact, to me anyway. But its incomplete.

Theres no story there. Just a guy killing some time.

If youre eyes were more visible a story might unfold.
I AM AWESOME MAN
watermark
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Have a look

Post by watermark »

My son takes photos of men smoking. Very in-depth portraits :wah:. Not sure if I like them in particular, but it is what was on his mind at the moment, probably stemmed from childhood trauma due to his mother's (me) smoking, which I do respect his occupation with this subject matter. Se la vie :thinking:.

Smoking: inhaling and exhaling, but it is a reality for many. No judgment on my part. Personally, I think smoking clogs the lungs and decreases the energy level. There is a nasty unhealthy part too (that can only be depicted in a photo). Even with marijuana, same thing. I don't know why God made our lungs so enduring. Actually Some people have problems breathing and they didn't smoke a day in their lives and others who have smoked tons are okay, so God is random in evolution.

Oh well. Sometimes I think that marijuana is worse than cigs only because its held in the lungs for longer, but I recently heard that it wasn't worse. But you know our medical community :rolleyes:. Personally I don't smoke marijuana since the 12th grade.

:)

Erin
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

Nomad;729770 wrote: Its interesting because of the contrasting background and the smoke. Also black and white usually have a heavier impact, to me anyway. But its incomplete.

Theres no story there. Just a guy killing some time.

If youre eyes were more visible a story might unfold.


The story is there; click the link. That picture was taken less than 24 hours after the begining scene of the letter I wrote that is in that link. Devil may care is not the feeling for sure. Maybe not defeat, but it was damn close; hell it probably was. The person who said that about the photo knows the ins and outs of me better than anyone else. They eyes are turned away for a reason. I can't hide a thing for sh!t because of them. I didn't feel like looking at the camera at that moment.

That is for sure not a guy killing time; if anything it was me hoping that would be the cigarette that finally did it. The story in the link, the letter, which most of you read a long time ago; tells all there is to know.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Have a look

Post by Nomad »

KB.;729797 wrote: The story is there; click the link. That picture was taken less than 24 hours after the begining scene of the letter I wrote that is in that link. Devil may care is not the feeling for sure. Maybe not defeat, but it was damn close; hell it probably was. The person who said that about the photo knows the ins and outs of me better than anyone else. They eyes are turned away for a reason. I can't hide a thing for sh!t because of them. I didn't feel like looking at the camera at that moment.



That is for sure not a guy killing time; if anything it was me hoping that would be the cigarette that finally did it. The story in the link, the letter, which most of you read a long time ago; tells all there is to know.




Ahhh...I broke my own rule.

Never assume too much.

Thin ice, dont fall in.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

Things are better now, much better. Not 100%, but close enough to it to wipe sweat from my brow.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Have a look

Post by Nomad »

KB.;730079 wrote: Things are better now, much better. Not 100%, but close enough to it to wipe sweat from my brow.




Things are never 100%

Well maybe sometimes but it changes all the time.

Thats ok.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

The first time I went back to visit after that letter was sent she hid from me. She cut her hair off and changed the color. This time she sat next to me, talked, and we took a picture or two.

<---------------Like that one.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Have a look

Post by Nomad »

KB.;730087 wrote: The first time I went back to visit after that letter was sent she hid from me. She cut her hair off and changed the color. This time she sat next to me, talked, and we took a picture or two.








You shocked her. Im not surprised.

When I drank I hid.

I used to liquor store shop.

Id drive miles and miles out of the way to buy another bottle because I was embarrassed coming back to the same store over and over again.

If she feels safe it will be easier.

None of my business but......

Are you a people fixer ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

Nomad;730093 wrote: You shocked her. Im not surprised.

When I drank I hid.

I used to liquor store shop.

Id drive miles and miles out of the way to buy another bottle because I was embarrassed coming back to the same store over and over again.

If she feels safe it will be easier.

None of my business but......

Are you a people fixer ?


I figure, or hope, you've read enough to ask that question knowing the answer already. I'm working on it though. I've been that way as long as I can remember. I have moved from trying to fix to just trying to help if I am asked that is.

There are always exceptions, but I know and have known for a long time, that I can not "fix" anyone. I just have to hope I can help them out if they want it.

That was a convoluted answer, but I have food on the stove.
Life ain't linear.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

Have a look

Post by Nomad »

KB.;730094 wrote: I figure, or hope, you've read enough to ask that question knowing the answer already. I'm working on it though. I've been that way as long as I can remember. I have moved from trying to fix to just trying to help if I am asked that is.



There are always exceptions, but I know and have known for a long time, that I can not "fix" anyone. I just have to hope I can help them out if they want it.



That was a convoluted answer, but I have food on the stove.




Whatcha cooking ?

I read and "felt" the entire letter.

Sometimes its easy to get clogged up in the moment and lose sight of our direction but you sound like your in good shape and clear.

Im not making judgements, trust me the only way I learn is the hard way.

No easy roads here.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
KB.
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Have a look

Post by KB. »

I cooked home made ravioli of the spinach variety.
Life ain't linear.

Return to “Photos”