Snow in October

Share photos of yourself or your family. Have more to share? Start your Blog at www.forumgarden.net
Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

Seems much of Western New York State got hit with an unusually early snow storm. It was west of us..Mainly in Buffalo and Batavia. Lots of tree limbs down, and some still without power.

Rick's daughter in law who lives in Batavia sent some pictures. That is Liam in the pics.

Attached files
rainbowsmiles

Snow in October

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Thanks for sharing Marie! I'm so jeaous. I can't wait for it to snow here. We got weak little flurries but nothing else :( My skis want to be dusted.

Love the white tree :)
Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

Well, thanks. By the way, I removed and redid the pics..now you can enlarge them. I will have to redo the others with the trees.
Nomad

Snow in October

Post by Nomad »

Whooo Buffalo, they always get hit hard and fast dont they ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
rainbowsmiles

Snow in October

Post by rainbowsmiles »

The white tree one looks almost like a web background or a great screensaver it is so pretty. Didn't they get so much snow that trees fell over from the weight? Or is that somewhere else?
AussiePam

Snow in October

Post by AussiePam »

How lovely, Marie. It's sweltering here and bone dry, like the last gasp of summer. Bushfires etc. And we're still in Spring. !!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

rainbowsmiles wrote: The white tree one looks almost like a web background or a great screensaver it is so pretty. Didn't they get so much snow that trees fell over from the weight? Or is that somewhere else?

From what I heard most of the branches that fell were from the fact that most of the leaves were still on them..making them heavier. Could not handle the weight.

Nomad..yep, Buffalo always seems to get hit harder than we do in Rochester....we barely got a trace of snow here.
double helix

Snow in October

Post by double helix »

We are still having fall here, and I'm in alaska!!! No one is a bit alarmed here! :wah:

What did the scientists say a few years ago, Alaska will be more like Seattle and the warmer states will be more like Alaska. Yikes.

It looked like a thick wet snow as well.
Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

Got a weather update. The 4 county area will be getting fed. disaster relief. I mean the amount of snow is not the issue..2 feet is nothing in this area. It is just the damage that was done by the downed trees and power lines.

Some areas are still without power, and may not get any till the end of the week!!

Some of the schools are still closed due to no power and heat.

Can you imagine using up all the snow days before the end of October??!
Adam Zapple

Snow in October

Post by Adam Zapple »

What's all that white stuff on the ground?:confused:
chonsigirl

Snow in October

Post by chonsigirl »

*getting out thermals*:)
chocoholic

Snow in October

Post by chocoholic »

Great pictures Marie, I am SO jealous, I love the winter best of all the seasons and I really love snow.:(
Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

Much of the snow is melting. already. Now there are flood warnings out there.

As I think I said before, we got nothing here in Rochester except a trace. Seemed to stop at the counties before us. Today there was just one school still closed, due to no power.
chonsigirl

Snow in October

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, I bet the kids howled to have to go back to school........................:)
Marie5656

Snow in October

Post by Marie5656 »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, I bet the kids howled to have to go back to school........................:)

They shall live.:thinking:

But snow days were fun, weren't they??

Return to “Photos”