Florida issues

A forum to discuss local issues in WV, VA, KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, AR, LA, FL
favrefan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:10 am

Florida issues

Post by favrefan »

I am looking for anybody who can talk about Florida living. My husband and I are moving to St.Augustine, Florida next year and we need some ideas on where, in the town of St.Augustine is a good area to live. We are also in the need of an apartment to live in. We need some suggestions on the apartments in that area. We are trying to find as much information on all they have to offer regarding places to live. We are bringing with us 2 small dogs also. So what I would like is mabye websites I can look at with apartment information in them, or some website on the internet that would have information on St.Augustine living. Thank You!!!
lady cop
Posts: 14744
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Florida issues

Post by lady cop »

please try this www.st.augustine.com.... and this www.staugustine.com.:-6 i know the area. stay away from w.king street. there are many nice apt. complexes. it will cost you much more on the island, you can live reasonably well on the mainland and there are many bridges to get to the beaches. the beaches are great. best fried shrimp in town, south beach grill. shopping pretty much sucks. traffic is horrible. :driving: ...best grocery, publix. any specific questions i can help you with? there are very few floridians here at FG.
favrefan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:10 am

Florida issues

Post by favrefan »

lady cop wrote: please try this www.st.augustine.com.... and this www.staugustine.com.:-6 i know the area. stay away from w.king street. there are many nice apt. complexes. it will cost you much more on the island, you can live reasonably well on the mainland and there are many bridges to get to the beaches. the beaches are great. best fried shrimp in town, south beach grill. shopping pretty much sucks. traffic is horrible. :driving: ...best grocery, publix. any specific questions i can help you with? there are very few floridians here at FG.
I am a BIG fan of PUBLIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I visit my mother, that is where I shop. I LOVE shrimp so thank you for the suggestion to me the best fried shrimp in town. I will write it down. I will check out www.St.Augustine.com. Thank You. If I have any more questions on anything I will write you. U have a nice night.



Jody
lady cop
Posts: 14744
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Florida issues

Post by lady cop »

i have to also tell you...i HATE florida. but you have a good reason to come here. i hate the unrelenting miserable heat, and i hate hurricane season, it makes my life a living hell, and i could go on but don't want to discourage you. i am myself getting ready to move to England. ...i will say this, the keys are paradise. www.flakeys.com.
User avatar
Accountable
Posts: 24818
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 8:33 am

Florida issues

Post by Accountable »

Other than that, it's choice grade A. :cool:
ubetta
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 am

Florida issues

Post by ubetta »

favrefan wrote: I am looking for anybody who can talk about Florida living. My husband and I are moving to St.Augustine, Florida next year and we need some ideas on where, in the town of St.Augustine is a good area to live. We are also in the need of an apartment to live in. We need some suggestions on the apartments in that area. We are trying to find as much information on all they have to offer regarding places to live. We are bringing with us 2 small dogs also. So what I would like is mabye websites I can look at with apartment information in them, or some website on the internet that would have information on St.Augustine living. Thank You!!!


Why are you moving to St. Augustine? LC says you have a good reason, but I don't see it here. :)

Where are you moving from? I'm from NY, live in Flagler County about 20 mins south of St. Augustine and love it. I'm thrilled that I moved. A year is a long time away as far as accomodations and pricing is concerned. If you need a paper map of the area and some literature, pm me and I'll send it on up.
lady cop
Posts: 14744
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Florida issues

Post by lady cop »

her mom lives in Jax....did you know flagler is the fastest growing county in the whole country ?? are you in palm coast? that's where i had a house.
ubetta
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 am

Florida issues

Post by ubetta »

Ahhh. Her mom's in Jax. Didn't realize that.

Yes, I am in Palm Coast. Yes, it is the fastest growing county in the nation. I sell real estate here. :) Pt St. Lucie is the fastest growing city in Florida.

Wow....you had a house here? What section? I'm in the "R" section.

Where are ya now?

Edit: How cool is that? lol
lady cop
Posts: 14744
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Florida issues

Post by lady cop »

my house was on palmwood. my dear friend lives on london. i am no longer in the area.
User avatar
chrisb84uk
Posts: 11634
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:29 am

Florida issues

Post by chrisb84uk »

lady cop wrote: i have to also tell you...i HATE florida. but you have a good reason to come here. i hate the unrelenting miserable heat, and i hate hurricane season, it makes my life a living hell, and i could go on but don't want to discourage you. i am myself getting ready to move to England. ...i will say this, the keys are paradise. www.flakeys.com.


Ah I knew that u were looking to coming to England LC, but have you decided where abouts yet??
svenskanurse
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:51 am

Florida issues

Post by svenskanurse »

I thought I posted here this morning; what happened??
favrefan
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:10 am

Florida issues

Post by favrefan »

ubetta wrote: Why are you moving to St. Augustine? LC says you have a good reason, but I don't see it here. :)

Where are you moving from? I'm from NY, live in Flagler County about 20 mins south of St. Augustine and love it. I'm thrilled that I moved. A year is a long time away as far as accomodations and pricing is concerned. If you need a paper map of the area and some literature, pm me and I'll send it on up.
I am moving from Dyer, Indiana. Dyer is app. 45 min SouthEast of Chicago, Ill. I am going to pm you about the rest of the info. I need from u. Thank You
ubetta
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:11 am

Florida issues

Post by ubetta »

lady cop wrote: my house was on palmwood. my dear friend lives on london. i am no longer in the area.


My sister in law is in Mantanza Woods, near your friend. I love it here. Growing like crazy and pricing with it and taxes too, but it's still a great place. I started out in Boca. Too big. This is more like Long Island where I came from.
Ciao, Bella!
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:06 am

Florida issues

Post by Ciao, Bella! »

Actually, where the coast curves there, you're safe from hurricanes. The last one to come directly in at that area was Hurricane Dora, in '69, and it came in dead for Jax. Now, if a storm crosses the state, that's different. You need to see what side of the storm you're on. If you're on the right side of it, you're in the bad quadrant, where tornadoes and such spawn off.

And, the entire south is nothing but unrelenting heat! Try New Orleans. That's got St. Augustine beat. BTW, England does get hurricane force winds. And tornadoes. And heat waves.

No matter where you live, you will have bad weather. Try living in Southern Spain, with frequent, severe droughts and levantes, hot, dry winds from the desert in Africa. Nothing but blowing sand, stinging your skin, etc.

You just have to take the good with the bad, no matter where you live. Good luck with your move to St. Augustine. You'll like it, I'm sure.

Return to “South East”