Hidden Phrases

tabby

Hidden Phrases

Post by tabby »

Inside each set of words there is a pair of smaller words that become a familiar phrase when you put an "&" between them.

Thighbone / Swallowtail = High & Low

Skyrocket / Trolleyman = Rock & Roll

Try this one & then add another for the next person:

Delaware / Bordering
Ahso!

Hidden Phrases

Post by Ahso! »

Law & Order.

battlefield / ballrooms (best I can do right now)
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
tabby

Hidden Phrases

Post by tabby »

Ahso!;1528951 wrote: Law & Order.

battlefield / ballrooms (best I can do right now)

Bat & Ball?

lol ... it's harder than I thought to come up with a new one ~~ I'll have to think about it a while! :)
tabby

Hidden Phrases

Post by tabby »

Okay, I have one now ...

Allspice / Hispanic
spot

Hidden Phrases

Post by spot »

tabby;1528988 wrote: Okay, I have one now ...

Allspice / Hispanic

Blimey. Talk about US/UK spelling differences. Over here in the UK that has to be "spick and span", any alternative for the first word is extremely derogatory.

Artillery Sidewinder.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
tabby

Hidden Phrases

Post by tabby »

I think it's "spick & span" here too but I couldn't think of a word with "spick" in it!

We have a household cleaner that's been around for ages that's called "Spic & Span" so I went with that because I could make it fit! The K had to go.
spot

Hidden Phrases

Post by spot »

Mispickel, the original name for the mineral arsenopyrite, should have immediately sprung to mind!

We do not have that cleaning product. Cillit Bang, we have that one, which is some form of polish. I expect the makers have a little laugh at that one because they're Polish too. For chaps who frequent Hampstead Heath after dark we have either Flash or Fairy depending on preference.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Louise-Rene

Hidden Phrases

Post by Louise-Rene »

spot;1528992 wrote: Blimey. Talk about US/UK spelling differences. Over here in the UK that has to be "spick and span", any alternative for the first word is extremely derogatory.

Artillery Sidewinder.

Instill Ideals
Louise-Rene

Hidden Phrases

Post by Louise-Rene »

spot;1528992 wrote: Blimey. Talk about US/UK spelling differences. Over here in the UK that has to be "spick and span", any alternative for the first word is extremely derogatory.

Artillery Sidewinder.

Ill Wind
tabby

Hidden Phrases

Post by tabby »

spot;1529004 wrote: Mispickel, the original name for the mineral arsenopyrite, should have immediately sprung to mind!

What was I thinking?? It seems so obvious now!

crybaby / overstepped

Return to “Word Games”