ouchie...

Issues relating specifically to women's health.
User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

ouchie...

Post by [love]light »

::Disclaimer for the boys- this is a lady issue ;) ::

Have any of you ever had an IUD? I have just had the Mirena put in yesterday & the pains are incredible. Is this normal?

I swear. The things we have to go thru would bring men to their damn knees.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





Patsy Warnick
Posts: 4567
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 am

ouchie...

Post by Patsy Warnick »

A IUD is not suppose to be painful as it is implanted

Its painful being removed

If the pain/discomfort continues - see your DR Monday..

Patsy
User avatar
SuzyB
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:52 pm

ouchie...

Post by SuzyB »

'[love wrote: light;660263']::Disclaimer for the boys- this is a lady issue ::

Have any of you ever had an IUD? I have just had the Mirena put in yesterday & the pains are incredible. Is this normal?

I swear. The things we have to go thru would bring men to their damn knees.


Hi welcome to FG :-6

I had the mirena coil fitted after having my children, I didn't find it particularly painful, but they normally only like fitting them once you've had children, as they say it can be a lot more painful. Maybe that could be the reason :thinking: :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!





911
Posts: 1974
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:58 am

ouchie...

Post by 911 »

All I can say is. . . . thank God for vasectomies! :wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
kayleneaussie
Posts: 9127
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:11 am

ouchie...

Post by kayleneaussie »

I had an iud fitted, not the one you have, had a few pains that day but it settled. Go back to your doctor if it persists as you shouldnt have any pain after the first day. Also it is advisable to have it after children so they say. Good luck.:)
FOC THREAD PART 1
User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

ouchie...

Post by [love]light »

Thanks for all the replies!

I went to my doc yesterday afternoon. She did a terribly intrusive & painful exam. At the end, she discovered that all is where it should be. You guys were right. Because I have never been pregnant, my body was thoroughly pi**ed at the intrusion.

So, I got the following prescriptions:

Darvocet (!!!!!!!!!!)

Antibiotics

Super Mega Heavy Duty Anti-Inflamatory

I'm all better now & ready to test the new equipment :lips: Ha.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

ouchie...

Post by Nomad »

'[love wrote: light;660799']Thanks for all the replies!



I went to my doc yesterday afternoon. She did a terribly intrusive & painful exam. At the end, she discovered that all is where it should be. You guys were right. Because I have never been pregnant, my body was thoroughly pi**ed at the intrusion.



So, I got the following prescriptions:



Darvocet (!!!!!!!!!!)

Antibiotics

Super Mega Heavy Duty Anti-Inflamatory



I'm all better now & ready to test the new equipment :lips: Ha.




Nice. :-6 One cocktail & one Darvocet should put you in your groove.
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
nvalleyvee
Posts: 5191
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 am

ouchie...

Post by nvalleyvee »

Think about that IUD. It sterilized me by scarring the entrance from my uterus to my left fallopian tube. I had already had a tubal ligation from 2 ectopic pregnancies on the right side - yes they tried to fix it the first time. OHHHHH AND OHHH AND THEN..........after they told me I was sterile from the IUD one of those slippery little sperms slipped through the blockage from the IUD and I had another ectopic pregnancy.

Just thin k about it.....:-4
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 25864
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:36 am

ouchie...

Post by Nomad »

nvalleyvee;661022 wrote: Think about that IUD. It sterilized me by scarring the entrance from my uterus to my left fallopian tube. I had already had a tubal ligation from 2 ectopic pregnancies on the right side - yes they tried to fix it the first time. OHHHHH AND OHHH AND THEN..........after they told me I was sterile from the IUD one of those slippery little sperms slipped through the blockage from the IUD and I had another ectopic pregnancy.



Just thin k about it.....:-4




Way way too much info walleye. :o
I AM AWESOME MAN
User avatar
nvalleyvee
Posts: 5191
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 am

ouchie...

Post by nvalleyvee »

Nomad;661023 wrote: Way way too much info walleye. :o


Just trying to be supportive orrrrrr rather telling what the dang docs don't.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
User avatar
[love]light
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:04 pm

ouchie...

Post by [love]light »

nvalleyvee;661022 wrote: Think about that IUD. It sterilized me by scarring the entrance from my uterus to my left fallopian tube. I had already had a tubal ligation from 2 ectopic pregnancies on the right side - yes they tried to fix it the first time. OHHHHH AND OHHH AND THEN..........after they told me I was sterile from the IUD one of those slippery little sperms slipped through the blockage from the IUD and I had another ectopic pregnancy.

Just thin k about it.....:-4


Much appreciated info, sweetie, but now i'm a lil skerred :( I'm sorry all that happened to you. How traumatic.

Nomad;661018 wrote: Nice. :-6 One cocktail & one Darvocet should put you in your groove.


They should include those along with the "other" instructions for use. Lord knows that how we take good pain meds. Any other way would be a waste!
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!





Return to “Women's Health”