chess

Talk about the Arcade here. Discuss tournaments, games, and anything that makes your trigger finger twitch.
scott

chess

Post by scott »

are there any good real time chess sites out there

. free ones
spot

chess

Post by spot »

http://uk.play.yahoo.com/games/login?game=Chess is far and away the best I've used. It keeps a running rating on your performance between games, there's hundreds of people any time of day or night to choose between as opponents and they range between beginners to extremely experienced good players, so you're always able to stretch your ability.

You need a registered Yahoo ID to start, as you do with their email and messenger services. It's free.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chrisb84uk

chess

Post by chrisb84uk »

spot wrote: http://uk.play.yahoo.com/games/login?game=Chess is far and away the best I've used. It keeps a running rating on your performance between games, there's hundreds of people any time of day or night to choose between as opponents and they range between beginners to extremely experienced good players, so you're always able to stretch your ability.

You need a registered Yahoo ID to start, as you do with their email and messenger services. It's free.

Yep I agree with Spot, the yahoo Chess site is pretty good. I used to play on there all the time a few years ago. Hmmm speaking of which I wonder if my record is still intact on there. :-2
scott

chess

Post by scott »

thanks for the link but i cant seem to get the game to start for some reason.
spot

chess

Post by spot »

scott wrote: thanks for the link but i cant seem to get the game to start for some reason.Are you using a Microsoft Operating System?

Do you have a graphics browser?

Is it of recent provenance?

Are your default settings altered?

The play is done in a Java Applet, so knowing the details helps.

I just went in to check it, and played awful chess, it's months since I had a game.

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: him

;Black: me

;Date: Mon Apr 17 23:35:28 GMT 2006

1. e2-e4 e7-e5

2. d1-h5 f8-c5

3. h5xe5+ g8-e7

4. e5xc5 d7-d6

5. c5-h5 o-o

6. f1-d3 g7-g6

7. h5-h3 b8-c6

8. g1-f3 h7-h5

9. f3-g5 c6-e5

10. g2-g4 c7-c5

11. o-o c8xg4

12. h3-h4 f7-f6

13. g5-e6 d8-d7

14. e6xf8 e5-f3+

15. g1-h1 g8xf8

16. h4xf6+ f8-e8

17. d3-e2 f3xh2

18. f1-e1 g4xe2

19. e1xe2 d7-h3

20. f2-f3 h2xf3+

21. e2-h2 h3xh2++
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Arcade Discussions”