How Can You tell?

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
lady cop

How Can You tell?

Post by lady cop »

sorry, i am so tired i can't write much, but please google schizophrenia there are effective medications for this condition.
persephone

How Can You tell?

Post by persephone »

Audio and visual hallucinations by the sound of it. Are they or have they been under stress or using drugs (even prescribed drugs) prior to it beginning.

I'd say go to the doctor, but only as long as the person is willing, you may need to have to explain to the doctor what you are seeing if the person isn't aware of it happening.

That will be the hardest part, convincing them they need to seek medical advice.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
john8pies

How Can You tell?

Post by john8pies »

This is difficult to diagnose from a few written lines, but could be anything from a simple thing like lack of sleep, too much alcohol, worry/depression to a complicated psychotic or psychiatric disorder. I sincerely wish you all the best in helping this person / obtaining treatment for them, and would also be interested to hear what diagnosis (if any) you are able to obtain for them.
Agnes

How Can You tell?

Post by Agnes »

complete mental patient. i walk the other way. bye. :wah:
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
koan

How Can You tell?

Post by koan »

A friend of mine's husband is schitzophrenic. He refused to believe that the voices he heard were not real or that his strange ideas were strange. He just thought we were part of the conspiracy. I spent a week talking him into seeing a pychiatrist then when he finally agreed the hospitals wouldn't admit him. (cutbacks) By the time we got him an appointment he wouldn't go. He said he was going to their GP but was lying. Scary thing is she has to let her kids visit him overnight (they broke up) unless she goes for an all out war in the divorce.

Also scary: he drives a semi as his job.

It can be very time consuming, mentally and emotionally draining, but if you care about this person try to get them to seek help.
devist8me

How Can You tell?

Post by devist8me »

You've described me during my moody days! (j/k)
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Jives

How Can You tell?

Post by Jives »

Check out the movie, "A Beautiful Mind" too. It's the best depiction of schizophrenia I've ever seen.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
persephone

How Can You tell?

Post by persephone »

I really don't think it's fair to say the the person originally described is suffering from schizophrenia, there are many mental illnesses that can manifest in simlar ways as schizophrenia.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
minks

How Can You tell?

Post by minks »

imnice wrote: Geez skittles you got issues! how can any of you guys stand her!!

Naw our skittles is just fine, no issues there. Anything that remotely resembles an issue is dealt with promptly by FG members hehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

How Can You tell?

Post by minks »

imnice wrote: Arent we all loving.

No not always, some of us had to duke it out before we realized we like each other. We are just supportive generally. We don't mind if members have issues, if they are genuine issues to be brought up. But just to jump in and say someone has issues when really they are a pretty normal functioning human being is not really necessary.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
persephone

How Can You tell?

Post by persephone »

Imnice wrote: Geez skittles you got issues! how can any of you guys stand her!!
Imnice wrote: Arent we all loving.

Two examples of judemental views from someone who claims Imnice wrote: I dont judge people! I'm nice! :yh_liar :sneaky:

Return to “Mental Health”