bipolar disorder

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
mazza

bipolar disorder

Post by mazza »

Hi folks :)

This is my first post on this forum which i found by chance and enjoyed looking round. I have a friend with bipolar disorder who wishes to get involved in a self help/discussion group with like minded individuals. I wondered if anyone has any good links i can pass on to her? She is currently returning to base line (ish) from a manic episode without the use of any drugs and would like to share keeping well tips with others. We both live in the UK, South West region. Thanks. :-6
abbey

bipolar disorder

Post by abbey »

Hiya Mazza & welcome to the garden, sorry to hear about your friends disorder try this link http://www.bipolaraware.co.uk/forum/ just had a quick look on and it seems to be a well used forum.

My very best wishes to your friend, i hope its of some use to her. :)
capt_buzzard

bipolar disorder

Post by capt_buzzard »

Hi Mazza,

Welcome to the Garden, :yh_shamrk
polycarp

bipolar disorder

Post by polycarp »

Hello Mazza, welcome to the garden. Hope you have a shovel and other garden tools because there's so much you can do at the garden. Have a wonderful time as you interact with us.
A formula for tact: "Be brief politely, be aggressive smilingly, be emphatic pleasantly, be positive diplomatically, be right graciously".
Bill Sikes

bipolar disorder

Post by Bill Sikes »

mazza wrote: I have a friend with bipolar disorder who wishes to get involved in a self help/discussion group with like minded individuals. I wondered if anyone has any good links i can pass on to her? She is currently returning to base line (ish) from a manic episode without the use of any drugs and would like to share keeping well tips with others. We both live in the UK, South West region.

You could try the Usenet newsgroup alt.support.depression.manic.moderated (there is also an un-moderated group). You can access it via Google, or (far better!) go to http://news.individual.net/ where you will have to subscribe (a painless procedure fortunately). These groups will probably get more "exposure" than most "forums".
mazza

bipolar disorder

Post by mazza »

Many thanks for all your kind messages and welcome. :) I will pass on the links suggested to my friend as soon as i can get her to an internet linked computer. I will also recommend she registers with the garden as reading some of the threads and your responses to me, i feel you are a truly supportive and friendly group. look forward to chatting with you here. xx

Return to “Mental Health”