Chakras and the Pendulum

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
rainbowsmiles

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Does anyone here use a pendulum? I do and I recently discovered that we can use a pendulum to see which of our chakras are out of balance. Has anyone ever tried that?
kmhowe72

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by kmhowe72 »

Ok I give what is a chakra. and what does it do???;)
kmhowe
abbey

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by abbey »

Heres a link, it has a test for you to take and explains about Chakras x.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php
rainbowsmiles

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Thanks abbey! :)
nvalleyvee

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by nvalleyvee »

I had a really hard time about 30 years ago. I did a lot of investigation into "occult" matters. You must realize I say occult because it was born Christian. A pendulum is used as a way (much like hypnosis) to go inward to what people call our soul and the points in our body that release energy. When you can actualize the points in your body - focus on them - you are able to meditate and go inward. There are (I think I remeber) 7 Chakras in the body. The final one is in the head and when you get there you reach a state of meditation that takes you out of your body and into the place where Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, the Tao Ching, Jung, and I suspect Einstein is there and you go where all souls reside when they leave their Earthly bodies at death.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
rainbowsmiles

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by rainbowsmiles »

:wah:

That made me laugh but your absolutely right. For some reason when it is put down in words it always makes me laugh!
OpenMind

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by OpenMind »

I'm quite glad to come across a thread about the chakras. I'm a bit of a novice where this is concerned although I've been trying to learn about them for the last few years.

In 1998, I left my cohabitee and moved to where I am now. But I sank into a life not worth talking about. I'd go to work, come home, get drunk, go to bed, go to work, come home, get drunk, ad infinitum.

One night, I had a short but vivid dream. I was in a house observing a woman by a bay window in the living room. There was a lot of fussing going on about her although I could not see the people who were doing the fussing. The fussing became apparent as she had to be moved to another place. I was given the task of taking a vase of flowers.

We were transported to the other place, and still I couldn't see the people fussing about her, but I became aware that the woman was dying.

I looked at the vase of flowers that I had placed upon a mantelpiece. Without thought, I took the vase, removed the flowers, and pored the water over the dying woman. At that point, I awoke.

As I awoke, I had an instantaneous interpretation of the dream. The flowers represented the chakras. The water represented the energy of the chakras or the life force. The woman represented my spirit.

I decided to act upon this dream. I knew nothing about the chakras. I called in to work and took the next three days off.

I went down the library and looked up the subject index for chakras, but I found nothing entered. Disappointed, I got up to leave, but on an impulse, I walked over to where the health books are kept. looking along the shelves, I came across a book entitled "The Anatomy of The Spirit: The Seven Stages of Healing" by Dr. Carolyn Myss. Although the chakras is not in the title, I opened the book and found it to be the one I needed to read.

I have since come to understand that there are a million minor chakras in the body that control the flow of energy through the body. It's a fascinating subject and it worked for me. Not only that, but my interest in particle physics shows that this is a very plausible representation of the energy flow through the body, although I still need to research this further.

Dr. Myss's book is particularly interesting because it draws parallels between the Hindu, Judaic, and Christian religions. This is not the average book about archetypes and gemstones that I have otherwise come across, this gets right to the spirit of the energy system.

It turns out that there are several healing systems that are based upon this energy system. Reiki and acupuncture to name a couple. It's well worth looking into if you're that way inclined. I can make sense of it because of my scientific interest in energy.
rainbowsmiles

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Thanks so much for your story. I've already begun work with Reiki and I've been in contact with a Reiki master to receive proper attuments! Your story is fascinating! Chakras are very important and another great way to remain in good health and keep the chakras balanced is true ayurveda :)
OpenMind

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by OpenMind »

Good luck with the reiki Rainbow. I know you're going to be very happy from it.:)
TenneseeGirl

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by TenneseeGirl »

nvalleyvee wrote: I had a really hard time about 30 years ago. I did a lot of investigation into "occult" matters. You must realize I say occult because it was born Christian. A pendulum is used as a way (much like hypnosis) to go inward to what people call our soul and the points in our body that release energy. When you can actualize the points in your body - focus on them - you are able to meditate and go inward. There are (I think I remeber) 7 Chakras in the body. The final one is in the head and when you get there you reach a state of meditation that takes you out of your body and into the place where Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, the Tao Ching, Jung, and I suspect Einstein is there and you go where all souls reside when they leave their Earthly bodies at death.

gosh mom..... i love you:-4
~~~~~

Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.:lips:
koan

Chakras and the Pendulum

Post by koan »

I was falling asleep last night and had a strange experience that was chakra related.

It felt like an invisible hand suddenly poked my heart chakra. It felt really intense. I have no idea why that happened but it didn't really feel bad. Just strange.

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”