The power of touch

Discuss alternative healing (Yoga, Reflexology) and self-help type books for the mind and thoughts for the soul.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact. The touch of people close to us, our lover, our partner, our friend, can often produce healing effects that words never could.

For reasons of a traumatic past, I went for about a year and a half without allowing anyone to touch me. One day, at work, a coworker who had become a close friend of mine reached out and put his hand on my arm. I literally jumped from the electric shock! I had no idea, until that point, how much energy is transmitted through touch. I am still careful about who touches me but only because I am now very sensitive to their energy and receptive to picking up too much personal information through my hands.

Have you noticed the power of touch? Are you a "touchy feely" or a "cool and reserved" in your physical approach?

Do you like people touching you? Why or why not?
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

Jack Sprat wrote: >> We all have probably had times when someone touched us with their hand and we felt better just from the human contact.

Why just human contact? Your picture shows you with a cat. Are not there times when you are feeling less than perfect that just touching your cat, making contact, gives you the lift you need? :-6

Hey, you just insulted my dog...or is it a large rat? I think they overcharged me.

That is a good point to make about animals. You can often tell a lot about people by the way they treat their pets. I am focusing on human contact to make people think about how they touch each other.

I like the picture of your cat, by the way. I am taking a photo of my friend's astonishing cat this weekend. Watch for it in 'pets'.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

Okay there is no pets category, I'll put it in photos.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

No offense taken. She thinks she's a cat also.

Back to the touch thing. Here's an experiment. Pass your hands slowly back and forth, palms facing and see if you pick up a sensation as the centres of your palms pass each other. Concentrate. Report back.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

KlatunIckto wrote: :D Muaahahahhaha

And this means?

Jack :-6

I'm glad you tried the experiment. Most people can sense a warmth between their palms or, sometimes, a tingling sensation. You may have to slow down the movement of your hands as the palms reach centre and move them closer together. Focus on the centre of the palm. Hold them directly across from each other then move slightly in different directions. Good luck.

If it doesn't work for you...it was just an experiment.
capt_buzzard

The power of touch

Post by capt_buzzard »

koan wrote: And this means?

Jack :-6

I'm glad you tried the experiment. Most people can sense a warmth between their palms or, sometimes, a tingling sensation. You may have to slow down the movement of your hands as the palms reach centre and move them closer together. Focus on the centre of the palm. Hold them directly across from each other then move slightly in different directions. Good luck.

If it doesn't work for you...it was just an experiment.Tell us more Koan
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

If you develop your sensitivity to feeling energy through your palms, you can walk with palm out towards a person slowly and feel where their aura begins. The outer layer is subtle and it gets denser the closer you walk. As soon as someone enters your aura you will sense them there and communication has already begun.

I'm glad you asked.
capt_buzzard

The power of touch

Post by capt_buzzard »

I know what you mean here.
BabyRider

The power of touch

Post by BabyRider »

Koan, I just love the subjects you come up with.

Touch from my fiance is addictive. He puts his hand on my hair, or reaches over in the car and puts a hand on my knee, he puts a hand on my face, whatever. When he touches me my knees go weak, my head goes all fuzzy, my stomach does a slow flip...Wow. He can give me goose bumps in .09 seconds. I love it all.

However. That's him touching me. As for anyone else? Give me my "personal space." I don't understand people who have to touch you when they talk to you, or for any reason. If I don't know you, and you haven't been invited, DON'T touch me. The bikers that we hang out with are very physical. It took me a long time to get used to these guys wanting to hug and kiss me when they didn't even know me. But now I know them and I'm used to it. But it was very strange to me for a while, and I'm sure they looked at me a bit ****-eyed, too, shying away from them at first.

For the rest of where this thread headed, I am intrigued. When I get up from my computer and can concentrate, I'm going to try the palm energy thing. I'll let ya' know, Koan.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

capt_buzzard

The power of touch

Post by capt_buzzard »

BabyRider wrote: Koan, I just love the subjects you come up with.

Touch from my fiance is addictive. He puts his hand on my hair, or reaches over in the car and puts a hand on my knee, he puts a hand on my face, whatever. When he touches me my knees go weak, my head goes all fuzzy, my stomach does a slow flip...Wow. He can give me goose bumps in .09 seconds. I love it all.

However. That's him touching me. As for anyone else? Give me my "personal space." I don't understand people who have to touch you when they talk to you, or for any reason. If I don't know you, and you haven't been invited, DON'T touch me. The bikers that we hang out with are very physical. It took me a long time to get used to these guys wanting to hug and kiss me when they didn't even know me. But now I know them and I'm used to it. But it was very strange to me for a while, and I'm sure they looked at me a bit ****-eyed, too, shying away from them at first.

For the rest of where this thread headed, I am intrigued. When I get up from my computer and can concentrate, I'm going to try the palm energy thing. I'll let ya' know, Koan.Koan is one of the Great Wonders of FG.:-6 she lets the:-6 in
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

:yh_blush That's very sweet, Capt.

When doing energy work and healing, the thumb and pointer finger on both hands are where energy is transfered between healer and subject. Kirlian photography would show beams shooting from these fingers during a healing session.
BabyRider

The power of touch

Post by BabyRider »

koan wrote: No offense taken. She thinks she's a cat also.

Back to the touch thing. Here's an experiment. Pass your hands slowly back and forth, palms facing and see if you pick up a sensation as the centres of your palms pass each other. Concentrate. Report back.
Palms facing each other, or palms facing your body? (Am I dense tonight, or what?)
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

BabyRider wrote: Palms facing each other, or palms facing your body? (Am I dense tonight, or what?)

:wah:

Palms facing each other so that the centre of each palm will pass slowly in front of the other palm.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

PrinceMelek wrote: Anyone still having this conversation?

Nice to see you pick this thread up again. I have had accupuncture done before. Very effective when done well. Have you heard of the "windows to the soul"? They are accupuncture points that are said to release past life traumas and experiences. Chris Griscolm of the Light Institute specializes in it.
koan

The power of touch

Post by koan »

It is hard to say I enjoyed it because I went due to having pulled all the muscles in my shoulder. It was very effective.

I needed to heal quickly because I was working on a tv series and my position was not easily replaceable...basically you show up unless you are dead or you never work in this town again. So I had to heal well enough to work within three days. All I can say is it works. I do reflexology on myself and that works too. Similar but not as powerful.
alobar51

The power of touch

Post by alobar51 »

koan wrote: No offense taken. She thinks she's a cat also.

Google Therapeutic Touch, or Healing Touch Therapy.

You've inadvertantly tapped into it. I'm not a practitioner, but it is an adjunct to what we do.
pink princess

The power of touch

Post by pink princess »

VERY touchy feely and a great believer that it can help heal, if only because at least if touched by a loved one it puts you in a positive mood which will of course help you heal
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
rainbowsmiles

The power of touch

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Do you like people touching you? Why or why not?

I don't mind people touching me if the touch isn't innappropriate. I love hugs, especially from friends! It lets me know people care!

I'm studying Reiki now because I've learned the power of touch is real and healing so I want to learn how to help myself and others!
actionfigurestepho

The power of touch

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Rainbow, I am extremely interested in Reiki. Are you attending classes? Have you been attuned yet? One of my goals is to have some experience doing it myself before I go for my surgery. I think it'll help me recover a little better. Are there any books you can recommend for a little studying? The only two titles in my library are horribly written.
rainbowsmiles

The power of touch

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Here is a great link for you if you are interested in Reiki. I'm new to Reiki myself so I feel a bit odd giving info on it but you can get all the info you need at this site.

http://www.naturallythere4you.com

I hope this helps!
actionfigurestepho

The power of touch

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Excellen, thanks!
Lon

The power of touch

Post by Lon »

I have a full body massage on a fairly regular basis and notice a distinct difference in the touch of the different massage therapists. My wife is a RN and Certified Nurse Midwife that will give me a massage as well. Her touch is quite special and it's not just a physical thing, it's more mental. I prefer female therapists to male for the same reason I have always gone to female barbers, they have a better touch. I am not a huggy, kissy person, but don't mind being touched. Touching can take the place of unspoken words in certain situations.
theia

The power of touch

Post by theia »

A couple of friends and I took an aromatherapy massage course about 10 years ago. Our tutor was an incredible soul whom I think had a gift for massage. His touch was sensitive and unintrusive and, in a way, healing. It was nothing to do with gender as the men in the group also said the same about his touch. We all clamoured to be his demonstration model!
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Return to “Body, Mind, Soul”