Railway drunkards!

Ozay

Railway drunkards!

Post by Ozay »

I go by train to York every saturday to visit my brother by train and come back to the station at night drunk myself so what i am about to say may sound hypercritical but i want to get it off my chest. When i get drunk i don't act like a ****, unlike a lot of people who are using this railway station at night who make it obvious that they are drunk by shouting and causing havoc. Although there is police presence at the station which is a good job it doesn't stop them from acting crazy. Take last time.....an overweight drunkard was smoking on the platform which isn't allowed and when he was told off he threw it on the ground and as soon as the railway assistant was out of sight he picked it up and began to smoke it again!! There is supposed to be fines for smoking on the platforms yet he is just let to go on his way! This was followed by drunks staggering about so drunk that the police had to tell them which platform to go to while they shout to each other. Then after this some louts who were already drunk where walking about with crates of Stella. Then when i got onto the train which was an hour late i was sat near by very loud drunken middle aged men who were playing cards so i put my headphones on so i didn't have to listen to their nonsense. These railway stations aren't pubs or nightclubs yet they tolerate such behaviour as them without barely batting an eyelid!:-5
Rapunzel

Railway drunkards!

Post by Rapunzel »

Its cheaper to send them on their way than to waste police resources driving them to the nick, processing them, having a doctor check them out, cleaning up after them when they hurl, having someone check on them during the night, feeding them in the morning ..... and then letting them go with a warning.

If it bothers you that much, why not stay overnight at your brothers and travel home sunday morning. That would be pleasanter and safer for you. :-6
Ozay

Railway drunkards!

Post by Ozay »

Thanks for the advice but i think it just bothered me the most that i had been waiting an hour and a half at the platform for a train and i usually only have to see these drunks for 20 minutes at the most so it isn't as bad then. It may waste police time but what are they paid for? it doesn't look good for the station. I wish i was the manager i would say if they come back to the station shouting and being anti-social then get shot of them they can find another way to get home and they should be warned this at the station as they arrive to use York as a party zone!

Return to “Drugs, Alcohol Tobacco”