Gun grabbers speak freely (thanks to you and me..)

Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

cherandbuster wrote: I guess I don't understand why you would want to stay here when so many people don't like you Can't you go poison another forum instead?

But Mr. Jives is lovely, and putting forward valid points. I'm sure that you're lovely too, really, under that bluff exterior.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Bill Sikes wrote: But Mr. Jives is lovely, and putting forward valid points. I'm sure that you're lovely too, really, under that bluff exterior.

Mr. Sikes

We all have our opinions of others

Clearly your opinion of Jives is much higher than mine of him

And you're correct

I am lovely :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

valerie

Post by valerie »

cherandbuster wrote: Mr. Sikes

We all have our opinions of others

Clearly your opinion of Jives is much higher than mine of him

And you're correct

I am lovely :-6

(Regretfully, I can only use 3)

:yh_clap :yh_clap :yh_clap
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

valerie

Post by valerie »

Bill Sikes wrote: But Mr. Jives is lovely, and putting forward valid points. I'm sure that you're lovely too, really, under that bluff exterior.

You haven't been around in a long time, so unfortunately you have missed

a lot of insight into j-low.

I'd be more than happy to direct you to some links if you'd like to see

this person's true LACK of character...
Tamsen's Dogster Page

valerie

Post by valerie »

Jives wrote: America, love it or leave it, eh BR? Typical knee-jerk ignorant reaction. How about I and the others that are fed up with you and your gun-toting buddies change it instead?

See you at the voting booth gun-girl! ROFLMAO!!

Naah...it's true. You said so yourself the other day "I am scared." I believe you had an entire thread on that topic? lol.

Well, that's good to know! (But of course I don't believe your bluster. You'll be on here having a nervous breakdown again in a day or two.);)

Simply so he can't sneak in here and remove it.

:D :cool: :wah:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

valerie wrote: Simply so he can't sneak in here and remove it.

:yh_clap :yh_clap :yh_clap :yh_clap
Live Life with

PASSION

DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I see Jives is in the kitchen again with a big wooden stirring spoon...

HBIC
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

JIVES says: "All of America is flat out scared out of their little minds! I told the kids a couple of months ago to get outside and get some sun. They replied, "We can't, the child molesters will get us." That about sums up the mindset of the average American. Scared to death."

Wait a minute! I'm as "average" as anyone and find no truth whatsoever in that statement. In fact, my jaw dropped when I read it! How are you raising your children, anyway? With fear and paranoia? The idea that we're all "flat out scared out of our little minds" is ludicrous!

Speak for yourself, Jives...not for me.

BABYRIDER: I was remiss with my statement about owning an Uzi! I didn't intend to include genuine collectors (such as yourself) in the same group as gangsters who buy these guns because they can kill one another or commit crimes more efficiently. No offence was intended...and I hope none was taken.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Jives

Post by Jives »

Forum: a place for people to express their opinions.

Unfortunately, some of you see this as your own private club and anyone who has an opinion you don't like gets insulted and bullied.

Won't work on me, though. I personally don't like you guys any more than you like me, and bullying and insulting is just water off this duck's back.

So I will continue to express my opinion as much as I want and you feel free to disagree with me!:D

Now...back to guns. I have a very, very good reason not to like guns. As a New Mexican, I grew up with a gun in my hand most of the time. Here in New Mexico, you can wer a gun on your belt in public if you want, without a permit. Just like the Old West Days.

So as a result, as a teen I was shot at at the lake and again in the woods. I had a bullet fly past my ear while cutting firewood, two of my friends died of gunshot wounds, and I had a friend shoot off a gun in my apartment, passing through a wall and narrowly missing the people in the other apartment.

Incident after incident proved to me that guns only make a bad situation worse. this year in my town we've had four gang-related shootings, including an execution-style killing of three teens.

That's enough life experience for me to realize that guns need to go.:cool:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
valerie

Post by valerie »

Jives wrote: Forum: a place for people to express their opinions.

Unfortunately, some of you see this as your own private club and anyone who has an opinion you don't like gets insulted and bullied.

Won't work on me, though. I personally don't like you guys any more than you like me, and bullying and insulting is just water off this duck's back.

So I will continue to express my opinion as much as I want and you feel free to disagree with me!:D

Now...back to guns. I have a very, very good reason not to like guns. As a New Mexican, I grew up with a gun in my hand most of the time. Here in New Mexico, you can wer a gun on your belt in public if you want, without a permit. Just like the Old West Days.

So as a result, as a teen I was shot at at the lake and again in the woods. I had a bullet fly past my ear while cutting firewood, two of my friends died of gunshot wounds, and I had a friend shoot off a gun in my apartment, passing through a wall and narrowly missing the people in the other apartment.

Incident after incident proved to me that guns only make a bad situation worse. this year in my town we've had four gang-related shootings, including an execution-style killing of three teens.

With your track record, most of this can be tossed as pure unadulterated

BS. You can stick it right in there with all the rest, your plane nuking

the Kmart, your ancestor Abraham Lincoln, and your gravely ill wife.

And attacking another member is against the TOS. I can and HAVE disagreed

with BR (or others) on different subjects and hey, guess what, I manage

to do it without calling them ignorant and telling them they're going to

have nervous breakdowns. And they do the same.

":cool: "
Tamsen's Dogster Page

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

:cool: Our Val :cool:

Oh yeah
Live Life with

PASSION

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Bill Sikes wrote: If you are talking about Great Britain, it is not "illegal to own guns".

for all practical purposes, it is. i believe one can "own" hunting rifles, however they must be kept locked up at the gun club - no firearms in the home whatsoever.

am i wrong?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

JIVES: " Unfortunately, some of you see this as your own private club and anyone who has an opinion you don't like gets insulted and bullied. "

++++++++++++ Now, granted, I'm new here. But what I'm seeing is you presenting your opinion as fact!

An excellent example of this is your comment about the "average American" living in fear, etc. YOU might be living in fear and YOUR children might be terrified to go outside because "child molesters might GET" them.....but your presentation is, at best, antagonistic--and it's NOT a representation of "average," by any means.

I also sense a real delight in this: "Won't work on me, though. I personally don't like you guys any more than you like me, and bullying and insulting is just water off this duck's back. So I will continue to express my opinion as much as I want and you feel free to disagree with me!"

Jives, do you enjoy confrontation and unpleasantness? Do you enjoy provoking responses which you can then quote in an indignant, outraged manner?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

[QUOTE=Jives]Didn't you see Farenheit 9/11? All of America is flat out scared out of their little minds! I told the kids a couple of months ago to get outside and get some sun. They replied, "We can't, the child molesters will get us." That about sums up the mindset of the average American. Scared to death.

What a load of cobblers
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
minks

Post by minks »

It's a kind of chicken and egg sort of topic really, if we didn't have the guns available the criminals could not get their hands on the guns, if the criminals can't get the guns, joe average is not living fearful of the criminal.... however......look were it's at you live in fear because of the criminals, because they have the guns, that were meant for you. (you being the general population of everywhere in the world)

Yes I believe everyone has the right to own a gun, I also believe gun control is a good thing (there is some proof to the stats of less gun deaths in Canada than in the USA) But we have fewer criminals here perhaps because we have a smaller population. I am sure somewhere that may have been all taken into account but we here live a different life than our neighbors to the south and it isn't always as simple as comparing apples to apples.

Lastly I believe training, and keeping your gun locked up makes for a responsible gun owner. And if you have children this sets an excellent example for them.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
pantsonfire321@aol.com

:yh_bigsmi Jives wrote: Forum: a place for people to express their opinions.

Incident after incident proved to me that guns only make a bad situation worse. this year in my town we've had four gang-related shootings, including an execution-style killing of three teens.That's enough life experience for me to realize that guns need to go.:cool:

But the kids are still scared of child molesters .:D

DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Jive: Bogus, false, or untrue. BB King sings "My momma says she loves me, but she could be jivin' too".

HBIC
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: JIVES: Jives, do you enjoy confrontation and unpleasantness? Do you enjoy provoking responses which you can then quote in an indignant, outraged manner?

I like you Lulu2

I like you a lot :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Jives wrote:

Been writing your sci-fi adventures again, Chives??

Guess what? You picking on me like you seem to glean so much pleasure from bothers me as much as our "bullying" bothers you. I guess I have to explain myself, since you don't possess the brain power to take my words in context. (Something you're very good at: twisting words to suit your liking) I am not afraid ANYMORE. Yes, I have been afraid, and to find that a "person" (using the term loosely) would use something like that as a weapon against me says more about that person than it does me. So, you know just what you can do with that "opinion." (I'll draw you a sketch, if you don't.)

I have been through hell and back, as I said, and I try to look at it like the old saying: "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." So, I am stronger every day. You, on the other hand, will continue to be the weak, pathetic, lying, ignorant, selfish bastard that you are. Go back to your home planet. Like someone said, poison someone else's place. You're not wanted here.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

BabyRider wrote: Like someone said, poison someone else's place.

I'm quite honored to say that was me who said that :p

:-4 Baby Rider :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

cherandbuster wrote: I'm quite honored to say that was me who said that :p

:-4 Baby Rider :-4
As you should be, friend! :-4
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

valerie

Post by valerie »

So as a result, as a teen I was shot at at the lake and again in the woods. I had a bullet fly past my ear while cutting firewood, two of my friends died of gunshot wounds, and I had a friend shoot off a gun in my apartment, passing through a wall and narrowly missing the people in the other apartment:cool:

My opinion:

Here's a long ago post from the Brokeback thread:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=63

Now, let's all wait shall we while j-low scrambles to come up with oh, gee,

I dunno, maybe he was BORN in Montana and moved to NM when he

was 3... that's what he meant.

No, even better,:yh_idea forgive me, perhaps it's best to let MASTER STORYTELLER

explain...

:yh_wait
Tamsen's Dogster Page

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

valerie wrote: My opinion:

Here's a long ago post from the Brokeback thread:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showp ... stcount=63

Now, let's all wait shall we while j-low scrambles to come up with oh, gee,

I dunno, maybe he was BORN in Montana and moved to NM when he

was 3... that's what he meant.

No, even better,:yh_idea forgive me, perhaps it's best to let MASTER STORYTELLER

explain...

:yh_wait
Oh, Val...you're priceless!! :yh_bigsmi

I tried to report that post made by our resident pot-stirrer, but it seems the coward has conveniently deleted it. Consider this my report, Tombstone!! Hope you're reading here!!!!
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

BabyRider wrote: I tried to report that post made by our resident pot-stirrer, but it seems the coward has conveniently deleted it.

What kind of a MAN does that?

Oh yeah the coward kind
Live Life with

PASSION

pantsonfire321@aol.com

BabyRider wrote: Oh, Val...you're priceless!! :yh_bigsmi

I tried to report that post made by our resident pot-stirrer, but it seems the coward has conveniently deleted it. Consider this my report, Tombstone!! Hope you're reading here!!!!

I think hes a tad scared - i will be reporting this person to his authorities i think its about time they knew just what sort of person they are employing what with his lies and impersonation the parents of the children he teaches have a right to know exactly what is going on.

pantsonfire321@aol.com

ArnoldLayne wrote: Pants, with respect, I think it ought to stay on the forum. We have no jurisdiction over his personal and private life. We dont know about his teaching abilities. He may be a wonderful teacher but just uses this forum and us to show the other side to his personality. IMO

I do understand how you feel Arnold :) what i have a problem with is the power this person has over these young peoples lives - i will report him and there is nothing anyone can say that will change my mind . Everything this person has lied about and said is within the public domain so its all there for anyone to see - if this person was teaching my own child i would be outraged - hes made his bed now he can lie in it .

valerie

Post by valerie »

BabyRider wrote: Oh, Val...you're priceless!! :yh_bigsmi

Got your six, BR, check out my post number 55 in this thread...

Please do feel ever so free to copy and paste should you have the

need...

:yh_bigsmi
Tamsen's Dogster Page

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

valerie wrote: Got your six, BR, check out my post number 55 in this thread...

Please do feel ever so free to copy and paste should you have the

need...

:yh_bigsmi

Val

That was brilliant :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

valerie wrote: Got your six, BR,
OK, now that's cool...I say that frequently, but don't often come across anyone who knows what it means!! Yet another thing we have in common Val!! And, THANKS!!! :-6
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

anastrophe wrote: for all practical purposes, it is. i believe one can "own" hunting rifles, however they must be kept locked up at the gun club - no firearms in the home whatsoever.

am i wrong?

That law was brought in about 2 or 3 years ago now. perhaps a little longer, I lose track of time with age.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

ArnoldLayne wrote: a cows arse with a banjo :wah:

That's something to ponder on.:wah:
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Jives wrote: . As a New Mexican, I grew up with a gun in my hand most of the time. Here in New Mexico, you can wer a gun on your belt in public if you want, without a permit. Just like the Old West Days.

Think it's time to brush up on your knowledge of your state laws...

CARRYING

It is unlawful to carry a concealed loaded hand-gun on the person or in close proximity thereto so that the handgun is readily accessible for use. This does not apply to: 1) carrying in a person's residence or on real property belonging to him as an owner, lessee, tenant or licensee; 2) carrying in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance, for lawful protection of person or property; or 3) carrying by a peace officer in the lawful discharge of his duties.

It is lawful to carry an unloaded firearm.

It is lawful to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance, for lawful protection of person or property.

It is unlawful to carry a deadly weapon on school premises, grounds, school bus, or any public building or grounds where school-related and sanctioned activities are performed. Exceptions include a person older than 19 in a private means of conveyance for lawful protection of person or property, safety or military instruction, or any school approved program involving the carrying of a deadly weapon.

No person shall carry a loaded or unloaded firearm in an establishment licensed by the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control for the dispensing of alcoholic beverage except

a law enforcement officer in the lawful discharge of his duties;

the owner, lessee, tenant, or operator of the licensed premise or their agents, including privately employed security personnel during the performance of their duties;

by a person in that area of the licensed premise usually and primarily rented on a daily or short term basis for sleeping or residential occupancy, including motel or hotel rooms; or

by a person on that area of the licensed premise used primarily for vehicular traffic or parking.

No person shall carry a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

http://www.nmhomes.com/nmlaws.html

If I'm reading this right the only way you can carry a gun on your personally in public, is if it's unloaded. :thinking:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
cars

Post by cars »

I've said it before, I'll say it again. :-2

"GUNS" DON'T KILL PEOPLE, "PEOPLE" KILL PEOPLE!

Makes no difference what Country you live in, if there's a mudering "person" around, & they want to kill you, they will kill you with whatever is at hand. A Gun, Knife, Bat, Car, Poison, strangulation, bare hands, whatever! So. . . . . .
Cars :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

"anyone who has an opinion you don't like gets insulted and bullied. "

Perhaps you need to read a post you made.

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... ht=bullies Post # 46You see, I realize a big part of what made me a target....was myself. Think about it.

but realize a forum is a kitchen, and it's hot in here. So if you can't take the heat....?Again, YOUR words.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

anastrophe wrote: for all practical purposes, it is. i believe one can "own" hunting rifles, however they must be kept locked up at the gun club - no firearms in the home whatsoever.

am i wrong?

Yup. As far as I know:

Air guns may be owned by anyone over 14 - there's a muzzle energy limit on these, 6 ft. lb. for hand guns, 12 for rifles.

Shot guns and ammunition may be bought by anyone over 17 (they must have

a "shot gun certificate" which is issued by the police).

Firearms the same as above, but a Firearms Certificate is required, & conditions

on use more restrictive.

No-one convicted of a criminal offence may handle, possess, or shoot any firearm

or have ammunition (this includes air guns):

o - If their sentence was for more than three years the prohibition is for life;

o - ff their sentence was more than 3 months, but less than three years the

prohibition is for 5 years.

There are certain "prohibited weapons" which may not be used, as well as exemptions for certain people, and for certain firearms which are both antique,

and for which ammunition is not "readily available", i.e. currently manufactured.

Some prohibited weapons are:

o - Anything automatic;

o - Any SLR or pump-action rifle bigger than .22;

o - Firearms that look like other things (e.g. walking stick guns);

o - Incendiary or armour-piercing military ammunition; some expanding

ammunition;

o - Handguns (guns having a barrel length less than 300mm or which are less

than 600mm long overall).

There are specifications for home storage, a quick Google will show what they

are. These specifications are more stringent for rifles than shot guns. You might

be interested in this:

http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news_ ... /index.htm

So, in my gun safe at home I might well have a couple of small and full-bore

rifles, a couple of nice shotguns, and a fair quantity of ammunition.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

So it's more restrictive, but not prohibitive. Thanks, Bill.
KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

Captain Ray wrote: What is it with liberal gun grabbers? Do they think that every time they bring up the word "children" they suddenly have a winning argument? I doubt the statistic anyway.. It's not sourced, and seems pretty far out there. Not to mention the "qualifier".

How often are children hurt by baseball bats? I bet there are a lot more injuries by children wielding baseball bats than guns...

Well.. I own six handguns, two shotguns, and three rifles.. thats 11. (I also have a bb-gun, and a couple of airsoft pistols.. so I suppose you could throw those into the mix..) at any rate... that statistic is retarded.

Even so.. the number of guns should increase, not decrease. A well armed society is a polite one.

Piffle!! The 2nd amendment is quite clear. The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Read the whole thing for yourself

Raymond

:yh_worshp all hail those who know how to use and keep their freakin' guns. got several myself and ya bet i dont own anything i'm afraid to use, or dont know how'ta use. if ya gotta a gun case, dont use it with your kids watchin' for the combo. dont know how many ive seen do that. my ammo, and automatics are in several different locations. cant use it if you cant find it. only one who knows where'ta find it is me. no under the mattress for this annie oakley. only thing broken in this home here is the guns inside it
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

KARENSVINEYARD wrote: all hail those who know how to use and keep their freakin' guns

What is one of those, then? Do you mean a rubber-band gun?
KARENSVINEYARD

Post by KARENSVINEYARD »

Bill Sikes wrote: What is one of those, then? Do you mean a rubber-band gun?

???

Return to “Gun Control”