Message in a bottle: Note found amid Sandy debris is from dead girl

A forum to discuss local issues in ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
tabby

Post by tabby »

I always enjoy reading stories of found bottles with messages inside and think it would be great fun to have one returned after a few years at sea. Sometimes the ocean currents carry them halfway across the globe while other times the bottles are found in the same neck of the woods as first deposited by the originator.

I particularly liked this morning's bittersweet story of the bottle found in Hurricane Sandy debris in New York. The bottle didn't travel very far but its return has brought some comfort to this grieving mother. Great story!

I've never found a message in a bottle but about 10 years ago I found a deflated mylar balloon in the woods with a note attached to it. Some children in the mid-west had set several loose in the hopes that someone would find some of them eventually and they were so excited that it had traveled so far.

The only other thing was a dead banded pigeon that I found in the yard a few years ago. The band had contact information for a man in New Jersey and an identification # for the pigeon. I let him know that the pigeon wouldn't be home for dinner. He was appreciative for the info!

Message in a bottle: Note found amid Sandy debris is from dead girl - U.S. News
tabby

Post by tabby »

Another!

50-year-old message found in a jar on Jersey Shore - U.S. News

Return to “New England / Mid Atlantic”