Boston music

A forum to discuss local issues in ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
getlegal

Boston music

Post by getlegal »

Totally Amped I moved to Boston!!! I Just moved to Boston a week ago and went to the Paradise Music Club the other night to check out the local scene and was blown away by this jazz funk trio band, OTIS GROVE, not only did they bring the funk, but they've been known to play with crazy katz like Charlie Hunter and Medeski! Stoked to catch them again at their cd release party October 15 @ Lizard Lounge (anyone going?)! Are they well-known locally? Seems like they had a following from out of town as well.

Any other local bands people can turn me on to? I like funk, jazz, hip-hop, blues and some rock.
Kathy Ellen

Boston music

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Are you an advertiser?
getlegal

Boston music

Post by getlegal »

No. And thanks for the welcome, :-3
spot

Boston music

Post by spot »

getlegal;1337349 wrote: No. And thanks for the welcome, :-3

Tosh.

This is from the Ethics Code Statement of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association:We practice openness about the relationship between consumers, advocates, and marketers. We encourage word of mouth advocates to disclose their relationship with marketers in their communications with other consumers. We don't tell them specifically what to say, but we do instruct them to be open and honest about any relationship with a marketer and about any products or incentives that they may have received.

We stand against shill and undercover marketing, whereby people are paid to make recommendations without disclosing their relationship with the marketer.

http://www.womma.org/ethics/code/read/

Would you like to to disclose your marketing relationship?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
getlegal

Boston music

Post by getlegal »

wow, it takes money to join that organization, are you an advertiser?
spot

Boston music

Post by spot »

getlegal;1337412 wrote: wow, it takes money to join that organization, are you an advertiser?

No, but you are. Multiple identical postings to different forums extolling a commercial entity is a pretty good definition of viral advertising.

Otis Grove (local Boston funk band) - Massachusetts (MA) - City-Data Forum for example.

Do you know, you're the first viral marketer ever to respond on this site to that query of mine? I'd be delighted to discuss the subject with you, seriously. I keep trying but it's like getting secrets out of a Freemason.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “New England / Mid Atlantic”