racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Open or closed borders?
ComfortablyNumb
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:35 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by ComfortablyNumb »

A Plan! Reminds me of that movie Green Card where they had to know about each other.

That site is where I do some vehement arguing with people I love. No holds barred.
jakintosh
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:37 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by jakintosh »

we def need to be more aware.

---------------------------

www.thecampusforum.com
123cat
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:45 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by 123cat »

Bladerunner wrote: If the 8 consecutive nights of rioting across paris by north and west africans are not enough proof that multiculteral experiments can never work then those who say we must all live in harmony in a giant melting pot of races are sadly deluded.

With 5 million muslims alone the french authorities walk on eggshells trying to appease the yobs who lead parallel lives, Many cannot even speak french let alone get jobs.

The future for the next generations of indigenous northern europeans especially british kids looks bleak as thousands of immigrants continue to pour in seeking free housing and handouts. Immigrants may enrich the lives of the middle class liberal do gooders but as always it is the working classes who suffer when opposite cultures are thrusted on them.

Clashes between different races and communities in the uk continue to grow while those in power just hope it will eventually go away.

Inevitably right wing parties such as the BNP can only benefit as people become more alienated by the weak policies hoisted on them by a party who only won 25% of the vote and 6% of that was the immigrant vote.


The french example, is not a good one of multi-culturalism. In france there is no official data on ethnic minorities. Everyone is French, that this cloaks racism which was banished to the banlieus, is no surprise. Watch La Haine, a good film and a social study. Economic status is a factor, look at the (Notting Hill), broad term, riots in London an underclass acting up. But, look more recently at the riots in Bradford. The children of immigrants fighting the working class, granted. But, they themselves are working class and their parents were fodder for the already declining industries of the north of England to squeeze more profits for people who will never need to riot. If your father/mother worked for 20 years in the British version of a sweatshop, are you not entitled to the same consideration of a resident with a paler complexion?. Your statement as with the entire conflict between cultures is one of fear, poor education and the lack of education. I feel sorry for you that you don't possess the intelectual capacity to think your way out of the clutches of self interested fear mongers,or the courage to change your own life. If you are not satisfied there is no one to blame but yourself.
123cat
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:45 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by 123cat »

really bad spelling and grammer. no one to blame but myself.
123cat
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:45 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by 123cat »

or the immigrants.
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

The race crime statistics in the UK cannot be taken seriously because only race crimes by whites on non-whites are classified as such. This is a well known fact and there are many examples of this on the various forums, especially the BBC forums.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

hopki605 wrote: bothwell

cowardly tossers like you can just sit back and let the real men sort this out !!!~!~I think we had another commercial invader testing our group reactions here. Moverguy may have permanently affected my sense of smell in this regard.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Ruth wrote: The race crime statistics in the UK cannot be taken seriously because only race crimes by whites on non-whites are classified as such. This is a well known fact and there are many examples of this on the various forums, especially the BBC forums.As an example of categories other than "race crimes by whites on non-whites" being classified, see http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/s95race04.pdf "Table 7.1 Percentage of offences dealt with by Youth Offending Teams by offence group and self-defined ethnicity, selected areas and England and Wales, 2003" as an example - there are many more even in the same document. The rows you're looking for are labelled "Racially aggravated offences".

"This is a well known fact and there are many examples of this on the various forums" sounds very likely, but as you can see from the tables it's not a fact, however well known it might be. Forums tend to be like that. Lots of assertion, few references.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

But in practice, the police refuse to report attacks on or abuse of whites as racial, they prefer to see them as just "ordinary" crimes. Try getting someone charged in the UK for calling you "whitey"! They will laugh you out of the police station.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Well, I showed you an official government publication that self-evidently demonstrates "the police refuse to report attacks on or abuse of whites as racial" to be false. Maybe you didn't look at it? If you quoted sources supporting your position we could see better where you're coming from.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

It was a generalisation, I admit. But you only have to read the UK forums and follow the media, especially the BBC, to see how "race" crime is interpreted. When a victim is non-white and the perpetrator white, all hell is let loose and there is maximum publicity given. When the victim is white, like that lad in Scotland who was tortured for hours and burned alive by non-whites, there is hardly any coverage. One suspects that this is because the UK is is the grip of terror of being accused of racist reporting.

Look at the recent shooting of a police woman: the public were asked provide information, yet no description was given to the media, when the police knew the suspect was black. In fact, the public knows only to well that any crime report in which the suspect is non-white, this fact will not be publicised or will only be revealed at the latest possible moment.
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

So Seattle is in the grips of this PC terror too, Scrat.

The UK is a PC madhouse these days: a student was arrested recently for calling a police horse gay! A woman was prosecuted for calling her Asian co-worker "Mrs Pappadom". Yet Muslims can take to the streets with hundreds of banners calling for the massacre and beheading of those who insult Islam and there is only one arrest ( a drugs criminal on parole).
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Ruth wrote: Look at the recent shooting of a police woman: the public were asked provide information, yet no description was given to the media, when the police knew the suspect was black. In fact, the public knows only to well that any crime report in which the suspect is non-white, this fact will not be publicised or will only be revealed at the latest possible moment.
I'm sure you have reason for saying that this is the case, but I'm finding it hard to confirm from newspapers.

The killers of WPC Sharon Beshenivsky in Bradford on November 18th wore balaclavas, which might be one reason why police at the time announced that it would not be helpful at this stage to give out partial descriptions of the suspects saying it would be "confusing".

The killer of PC Broadhurst on 26th December 2003 spoke to and was seen by shoppers from whom he stole a car to flee, leading to press reports on the day of the killing that "the gunman was described as white, in his 30s to 40s, with a stocky build and a tanned or olive complexion." It took police three days to release a photograph of the man they wanted to interview.

Probationer PC Rachael Bown was killed on 14th February 2006 and "A spokeswoman said ... that the senior investigating officer in the case, whose name has not been released, had chosen not to give such details 'for operational reasons'" . Three days after the shooting, they announced that they were seeking Trevon Kyron Thomas, who was born in Trinidad, had been living in the Bilborough area, and issued a photo of him. He was arrested hours later.

It strikes me that the police treat each case independently, and in those two cases where an identification was made the time of release by them of a description was the same. In the one instance where the newspapers had access to a description earlier than that, they used it immediately.

Perhaps you could show us counter-examples showing your perceived bias?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

You might like to consider, for example, the Asian paedophile activities in the Yorkshire areas, when the West Yorkshire police called for a press ban and TV ban on the programme "The Edge of the City". They said that it would cause racist unrest.

We have had exactly the same problem in Holland: the grooming for prostitution of white underaged schoolgirls by Moroccan immigrants. Fortunately, openness here about this dreadful problem led to prosecutions and a nation-wide programme in schools to warn vulnerable young girls about this "so-called "lover-boy" phenomenon. For several years the Dutch authorities ignored it too, but were shamed into action when an international children's charity exposed the facts.

If you want chapter and verse on the Yorkshire business, I'll get the links from a friend of mine who lives there and keeps records of all this stuff. I don't.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Ruth wrote: If you want chapter and verse on the Yorkshire business, I'll get the links from a friend of mine who lives there and keeps records of all this stuff. I don't.Chapter and verse I already have, thank you. The article in the Guardian covers the aftermath and gives a far better summary than I could manage - people following the thread would do well to read it, at http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story ... 66,00.html

Pulling the initial broadcast - which postponed it from May to August eighteen months ago - seems to have been strongly influenced by the timing, since European Elections were due ten days afterward and a foul campaign was being run at the time in Yorkshire by our far-right and racially bigoted British National Party. I'm not at all surprised that the police were fearful of violence in the aftermath of such a broadcast. The relevant condition triggering the postponement is ""No programme should be transmitted which is intended to stir up racial hatred or, taking into account the circumstances, is likely to do so". The elections fell well into the category of "taking into account the circumstances".

The core of the Guardian argument - "Presenting this abuse as an Asian problem does not help girls of any race; it tells us nothing about why or how it occurs. If we really want to be brave, we should stop blaming a marginalised community and take responsibility for a problem that goes far beyond Bradford" - speaks volumes.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

spot wrote: Chapter and verse I already have, thank you. The article in the Guardian covers the aftermath and gives a far better summary than I could manage - people following the thread would do well to read it, at http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story ... 66,00.html

Pulling the initial broadcast - which postponed it from May to August eighteen months ago - seems to have been strongly influenced by the timing, since European Elections were due ten days afterward and a foul campaign was being run at the time in Yorkshire by our far-right and racially bigoted British National Party. I'm not at all surprised that the police were fearful of violence in the aftermath of such a broadcast. The relevant condition triggering the postponement is ""No programme should be transmitted which is intended to stir up racial hatred or, taking into account the circumstances, is likely to do so". The elections fell well into the category of "taking into account the circumstances".

The core of the Guardian argument - "Presenting this abuse as an Asian problem does not help girls of any race; it tells us nothing about why or how it occurs. If we really want to be brave, we should stop blaming a marginalised community and take responsibility for a problem that goes far beyond Bradford" - speaks volumes.


The Guardian! Lolololol! Next we'll have the Socialist worker's Party rag! This business had been going on for a long time, if the police had dealt with it at the time, it wouldn't have escalated.
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

Scrat wrote: So does this Spot.



Is it true that the men are Asian? Here in Seattle there is a booming slave trade along with Vancouver Canada.

The men they inevitably apprehend are not purple with green polka dotted skin and square eyes. They have olive skin and almond shaped eyes, black hair and I often mistake them for being................................... Asian?:-2

Granted from what I gather here the sex slave trade is usually amongst Asians (this includes Indians and South Asians also) and whites here tend to stay away. The fact is when a people leaves one place and goes to another they take some of their customs and ways with them.

I know that in China human slavery is common, especially in the sex trade. I am white. I find human slavery disgusting, one of the lowest acts a human (?) can do to another.

I don't like GOOK SLAVE TRADERS. Call me a racist if you like but the next time a young Asian girl who tried to get away from her pimp or in some way displeased him washes up on Alki beach you can come and try to figure out who did it.

I know who did it. I know who pulls into gas stations and has shootouts.



Because the detective that has to find out who killed that girl and who was shooting at one another is usually white.



Just look at the PC legal system. That is the problem. There is not a judge here that is not terrified of being called a racist. 9 OF 10 OF THE PERPS WALK!! It doesn't even get to court.


There's a huge scandal breaking here in Holland this weekend: Somali refugees have been keeping child slaves on a grand scale. This is how it works: the mother of a family takes her kids' passports and luggage and flies to Somalia without her kids. She buys or picks up kids from the streets and returns to Holland with them. They are used as slaves in the household, beaten and intimidated. The family cash in huge amounts of family allowance per child in this welfare state paradise. When the kids are between 14 and 16 they are taken "on holiday" and are dumped on the streets of Somalia without papers or money, totally traumatised.

Some have managed to cross into Ethiopia without money or papers and get to the Dutch consulate. 4 have been returned to Holland and are living with foster parents. There are hundreds of them, but only a few have managed to get to Ethiopia.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Ruth wrote: The Guardian! Lolololol! Next we'll have the Socialist worker's Party rag!I selected that article because it expressed my point of view - by all means post hyperlinks to alternative mainstream news sources if you prefer. I don't read the Guardian myself, but the article was sound. I don't read the SWP handout either. For preference I take the Independent, if I want a daily to hold while I'm reading.

This business had been going on for a long time, if the police had dealt with it at the time, it wouldn't have escalated.I agree entirely with that.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Ruth
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:43 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Ruth »

Here are some news clips my friend in Yorkshire has gathered:

http://www.channel4.com/news/2003/08/we ... keigh.html

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/viewart ... ctionID=55

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/viewart ... ctionID=55

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/viewart ... ctionID=55

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/viewart ... ctionID=55

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... room23.xml

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/viewart ... ctionID=55

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive ... t_grooming

http://www.asiansinmedia.org/news/artic ... radio/1109

A significant quotation is the following, re my original point about racist crime largely been seen as only perpetrated by whites on non-whites: "As far as the police and social services are concerned this is a child protection matter -- they say race is not an issue. Yet -- even if they've never been involved -- most schoolgirls in the town will tell you that cars full of Asian men waiting at the school gates have become just another fact of school life. "



Apparently over 100 men were involved. The police closed their investigation a few weeks ago after around 18 months with only a handful of arrests.

I'd be interested in hearing a plausible explanation for them closing it after such a short period with so few arrests.

Could it be that all the evidence is completely groundless?
Issie
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:42 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Issie »

Well, I agree with everything Ruth has said.100%

I actually do live in Yorkshire and have done for 60 years.

I read a long time ago....We have the biggest Pakistani population outside Pakistan in Bradford Leeds and surrounding areas.

We have an Indian Mayor in Leicester and a white minority.

We have no go areas for white people.

We are so PC that it makes me sooo angry, and what angers me the most.

One of my neighbours came as an immigrant, he got married had a few kids and has never worked again, but the government state that he needs £114.00 per week in benefits to live, to stay above the poverty line.

I have worked from the age of 15 years old and have just retired, I am expected to live on £84.00 state pension.

It took me 25 years to buy my house, the immigrants house is rented and paid for by the government.

Should I need a nursing home in the future, then I will have to sell my house for my care.

We are not a multi-cultural society, and I wish people would stop glossing over the issue....they take over towns,drive the British people out, don`t even try to speak the language and it is a sad day when the local library is written in Urdu, Punjabi, Hindu and funking English is last on the list.

Get real will some of you....I`m not a racist, I`m a realist.

I have become a second class citizen in my own country and the government couldn`t give two f**ks about the indigenous population, just as long as it appears to be promoting racial harmony.

Rant over.:mad: but, you have to live amongst it and experience it.

Oh, and while I`m on a rant....I can remember the first black man in my town in the late 50`s, now he did encounter racism..in the true sense of the word.

London is the only place in the UK where any form of racial harmony is tollerated, but after the July bombings, that is now a melting pot....on the boil.
User avatar
Lulu2
Posts: 6016
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:34 pm

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Lulu2 »

Issie, let me repeat myself here, because it's so very relevant to what you've just said.

I was in Holland recently, and went to see the changes in the Anna Frank house.

On the ground floor, they've established a sort of "media room," with chairs in front of a little console with two buttons. They show a film strip.

The film is in two parts...first, a "native" person discusses the terrible concerns he feels about the loss of his culture, the overrunning of his city by uncontrolled population growth and the demands of immigrants who expect education in foreign languages, social services, etc.

The second part consists of an "immigrant" person who assertively states that borders are irrelevant and that nobody has the right to deny anyone the right to enter any country they wish.

At the end of this presentation, people sitting in the chairs are asked to "vote" by pressing a button which indicates which point of view they consider most valid.

What I found terrifying about this little experience was that NOBODY IN THE ROOM WAS BRAVE ENOUGH TO VOTE! Everyone stood back and waited for someone else to push a button!

Finally, I stepped forward and pressed one, voting for the first point of view. The Dutch DO have the right to try to preserve their culture and they DO have the right to try to preserve their language and their educational resources.

That was POLITICAL CORRECTNESS carried to the most outlandish of degrees...and I saw it with my own eyes! It reminds me of that old adage about how the only thing EVIL needs for success is for GOOD people to do nothing!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Issie wrote: We are not a multi-cultural society, and I wish people would stop glossing over the issue....they take over towns,drive the British people out, don`t even try to speak the language and it is a sad day when the local library is written in Urdu, Punjabi, Hindu and funking English is last on the list.You know what puzzles me, Issie? It's your generation which set the rules and brought coloured immigrants into Britain in numbers large enough to notice. It's not as though principled politicians like Enoch Powell weren't warning of the negative consequences at the time. Or are you going to pass the buck back to your parents? I don't think you can honestly do that. Meanwhile, it's people like me who are facing up to the facts on the ground by finding the positive consequences of what you've achieved and enjoying those, rather than sit in a huddle and bitch about it forever. Of course there are negative consequences. As it turns out, there are positive ones as well which nobody at the time could have anticipated. I'm delighted it's happened, I find they outweigh any negative ones by a huge margin - but that's just me. Why did you allow it, if you end up in this much of a steam over what you've accomplished? I'm too young to have had a choice in what was being built. Fairly soon there'll be nobody left who "let it happen".

How, at this stage, are you going to change what you've done? Forced repatriation? That's your fairest way of rebuilding Jerusalem's fair and pleasant land amid the black wilderness? If you can live with it on your conscience then argue for it. Assisted passage home for volunteers, leave your birth certificates at Dover before boarding the ferry out? Come on, lay out a practical set of measures that will turn the clock back.Issie wrote: London is the only place in the UK where any form of racial harmony is tollerated, but after the July bombings, that is now a melting pot....on the boil.Nope. I'm in Bristol. I walk through Saint Paul's and Easton daily. The feeling on the street is as tolerant from all sides as I could wish, we still nod good day and say hi to each other as we pass, we're not any of us expecting the skies to darken or our eardrums to implode. You think the Preston gangfight is the final arrival of the backlash? It's nothing of the sort, it's what your classmates invented at Clacton and Margate whenever the sun got too hot - out came the bike chains, let's have a barney. I do wish people would stop blaming gangs like that on immigration policy and waving their hands in the air.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

spot blinks and wonders whether he'd better hire a uniform and learn the hips-out strut
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: I guess I'd better go dye my hair blonde just in case anyone decides that I'm one of those from the 'inferior' races..:rolleyes:No no, Miss Pinky, you would be looking very much more wonderful in a bright orange sari I am thinking. And in sandals - those knee-length leather boots would be doing such terrible things to your ankles. Leave all this silly jackbootism to those who lack your radiant smile and lewd cacklings.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Issie
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:42 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Issie »

Yes, we did encourage immigrants to come in the 50s/60s, especially from the Caribbean, but the vital difference is….

We had several industries in which to employ them… like steelworkers, ship builders, coal miners, car production plants, and a thriving textile industry, and just in case you have forgotten, we have none now.

Employment was plentiful and people were able to pick and chose employment at the drop of the hat.

They came, they worked and paid into the system, the majority come now and do not work, and have no intentions of finding employment.

I can remember going onto London’s Underground and invariably it was a black person cleaning out the toilets, or walk into any car plant, and it would be the black person doing the most mundane soul destroying task, because we wouldn’t do it.

We encouraged medical students to come over and train to be doctors and actually assisted their passage, but then, they started coming over and as soon as they had qualified, they went back home and consequently, contributed nothing to this country.

I don’t pass the buck on to my parents, because I don’t get my facts from books, I lived in real time, so please don’t tell me what I already know, and when you live amongst them and are treat as a second class citizen, then you might not be so glad it has happened.

With regards to London, you walk through one part and base your opinion on that, Well I suggest to go to places like Ealing and Southall to have your eyes opened, or come and live in Yorkshire and then see if your opinion changes….like you say, “you are too young”

Turn the clock back? Well, even I cannot do that, but we can stop any further rot from eating into my country.

Do immigrants cross continents to come to the UK for the weather? I don’t think so, and when you are my age and the system has collapsed, then you might just eat your words.

Waving hands in the air? Get real for Gods sake….so you think it is right that an immigrant is granted £114.00 per week to live on in various benefits and I’m given £84.00 state pension.?

Remember, people like me worked for a pittance and long hours, whilst you were probably still in nappies, they do not outweigh any negative, unless you base your opinion on your local “take-a -way” and your walk pass St Paul’s.

Take the rose tinted glasses off for a while and I also don’t bitch…show some respect.:mad:

I`m not a racist, I couldnt care less what colour someones skins is or their religion, so don`t start waving the racist card at me because I dare to stick for MY HUMAN RIGHTS....

You know little old me...who has worked from the age of 15 years old and was born in this country.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Issie wrote: Turn the clock back? Well, even I cannot do that, but we can stop any further rot from eating into my country.I'm delighted to hear that. Action is always preferable to disengagement. By all means lay out your suggestions for our consideration. I offer as a guide "every action you take is a seed you sow, and every seed you sow is a harvest you'll reap", with a side order of "preach the Gospel at all times but, if all else fails, use words".
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Issie
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:42 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Issie »

spot wrote: I'm delighted to hear that. Action is always preferable to disengagement. By all means lay out your suggestions for our consideration. I offer as a guide "every action you take is a seed you sow, and every seed you sow is a harvest you'll reap", with a side order of "preach the Gospel at all times but, if all else fails, use words".
I wouldn`t waste the energy on a mis-guided fool,especially one who doesn`t accept the truth from someone who has lived through the time, and then throws useless answers back.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Issie wrote: I wouldn`t waste the energy on a mis-guided fool,especially one who doesn`t accept the truth from someone who has lived through the time, and then throws useless answers back.It's a simple question, Issie. What can we do now that will improve matters? You spoke of "stop any further rot from eating into my country" since (and I paraphrase) "even I can't turn the clock back". That sounds like action to me rather than just complaining on a forum thread.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: In recent years, many other cultures have come to my little bit of the UK, amongst them Kosovans, Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanians. Lots of their children are enrolled in my school.It used to be the Law of England that nobody was allowed more than a fixed number of miles from their home - four comes to mind, a figure of that order - without explicit permission from their liege, the person they answered to in the chain of authority which descended from King to Subject throughout society. Anyone breaking that law could be killed on sight by anybody else.

One might these days regard that as an astonishing restriction, and one which we're well rid of. Back then, Yorkshire was a foreign place to someone living any distance from it such as Northumberland or Leicestershire.

The UK recently changed its laws to lift all restriction on any EU citizen from living, working and voting in the UK, or from standing for parliament.

That change has much the same effect as the lifting of the previous one did. People in years to come will regard both changes in the same light.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
OpenMind
Posts: 8645
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:54 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by OpenMind »

I have, for a very long time, believed in the concept of 'one world'. The ability to go wherever I please in the world and live there. Only, I wouldn't be out to change the place I went to because that would defeat the reason I went there in the first place. I would only want to live somewhere because I liked what I saw.

Immigration into this country was encouraged by our government in order to keep wages down. In fact, the immigrants were promised far more than they actually got.

But I don't care what race the people are that live next to me, just so long as they are good people. I could just as easily end up with the most obnoxious English family living next to me as well as a good family. Their race has nothing to do with it. But, it is easier to blame 'outsiders' for all our ills. For your situation, Issie, I blame the Government.

Aside from this, culture is an ever-changing social feature. Even without immigrants, our culture would change. It is the result of progress. Of course, I don't deny that immigration also adds to cultural change, but it is not the only force acting here. So, I might move to some part of the world because I like the culture. Within a decade, the culture could have changed to such an extent that I no longer like living there. Then it is up to me to decide whether I should move on or put up with the changes. In other parts of the world, English emigrants arre playing their part in bringing about significant cultural changes.

The real issue, I believe, is not immigration control. It is population control and sensible laws administered and monitored sensibly alongside an effective educational establishment. I do not think that this is unachievable.

A more diverse type of conscription could be introduced whereby school leavers would be given options to go into the armed services or local community services. This would help to reduce the number of bored unemployed youths ending up in trouble. Further education and apprenticeships can still be options, too.

This is just my opinion and it is written here piecemeal. Those of you who wish to may pick as many holes in it as you wish. At the end of the day, how we perceive ourselves depends on whether we use a negative or a positive perspective. Negativity always brings negative results. Positivity takes a little more effort but is more rewarding.
Issie
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:42 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by Issie »

Pinky wrote: So someone is useless and a fool because their opinion differs from yours?:confused:

I'd hardly call Spot a fool!
Well, actually Pinky. :yh_frustr

yet see no problem about moving out to Spain

I suggest you do your homework before coming out with a statement like that.

Spain has massive problems with immigrants, they come from Morocco. Eastern Europe and the West African coast.

It is estimated that 60,000 have entered the country illegally in the last 4 months alone.

The Canary Islands have had 11,000 illegals land during this year so far, from places like Senegal, but unless you take an interest in Spain like the population figures, the rising crime rate and the number of foreign prisoners held in Spanish jails, instead of sun-bathing for two weeks, then I guess you wouldn`t know, hence your statement.

You also wouldn`t know that immigration issues have made front page headlines throughout Spain for a very long time.

Just in case you also forgot, Spain does not have an history of welcoming immigrants, they lived under a dicatorship until 1975....but at least the Brits go to Spain with sufficient funds to either live in retirement or set up business and then pay into the system in the form of IVA (taxes)

Last year the Spanish government gave thousands of residency papers to illegals in the vain hope that they might find employment and then pay into the system.

The reality is, that the majority have took the papers and have not found employment, they still ply their trade of prostitution, drug trafikking and robbing/stealing.

Some of these immigrants have paid as much as £800 to the mafioso who deal in human cargo, only to drown in boats not fit to sail on the Atlantic Ocean.

After 42 days, after refusing to disclose where they have come from and deliberately destroying their identity, they are let lose on the streets of Spain with no means to survive, only by robbing and stealing from the Spanish population and TOURISTS.

So, again, when you go for your jolly holiday to Spain and you get robbed or your apartment broken into, then reflect back to my words.

The problem is so huge, that since the 18th July various members of the EU are helping Spain to stem the flow of illegals, by now patrolling the Atlantic Ocean off the West African Coast.

Spain admits that they have been "caught out" with the shift in route taken by the mafioso from the Moroccan coast and Spains enclaves namely Cueta and Melilla.

After all, we're all free to go wherever we like - surely that's a good thing?

yes, we are free to go where we like LEGALLY and should pay into the system to receive the benefits of the adopted country.

http://www.tenerifenews.com/cms/front_c ... idart=4563

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 02,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 13,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/ ... _1,00.html
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Issie wrote: "yet see no problem about moving out to Spain"

I suggest you do your homework before coming out with a statement like that.
The only part of all that which is relevant to "moving out to Spain" - note the "out to", Issie? the Brits from Britain going to Spain bit of "out to"? - is "at least the Brits go to Spain with sufficient funds to either live in retirement or set up business and then pay into the system in the form of IVA (taxes)". I think Pinky was contrasting criticism of culture clash in the UK with Brits moving to Spain who "can't be bothered to learn the lingo either 'because everyone should speak English'". If you can point out the relevance of the rest to what she said, I'd be grateful.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Pinky wrote: If you can't take part in a discussion without resorting to insults and rudeness to put your point across, then I for one will have very little respect for your opinions anyway.Soz, Pinks! I didn't realize I was going over the top. I'll stop!
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38232
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by spot »

Pulling your leg's such fun, as the actress said to the bishop.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
cherandbuster
Posts: 8594
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 11:33 am

racial crime up 600% in london (sky news)

Post by cherandbuster »

spot wrote: Pulling your leg's such fun, as the actress said to the bishop.


Will you pull mine too, Spot? :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist





Return to “Immigration”