Refugees Flock To Canada's North From Latin America

Open or closed borders?
CVX

Post by CVX »

Mildred Orozco swears it was the Arctic poppies and salubrious mountain air that brought her to Whitehorse, not the prospect of dodging immigration authorities in the land of the midnight sun.

She is one of more than 50 refugee claimants from Latin America who have made the gruelling, four-day, $130 bus trip from Toronto to Whitehorse in recent weeks - much to the surprise of the Immigration and Refugee Board, which receives so few claims in Yukon it doesn't even have a satellite office there.

More:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTG

AM.20040826.wxrefug0827/BNStory/Front/
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ireland is not alone when it comes to the refugee problem. For a country as small as we are. We are not getting refugees from Nigeria,Sudan and Uganda. We have many many people also coming from East European countries,like those who have just joined the European Union. (EU) In another 40 or 50 years,if the World is still around (I doubt it) Some Patrick O'Mara- Uzunda -Conpazko - Kerinskie, will be researching his roots. :wah: :wah:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Even the English, Scots & Welsh are coming here. I thought the English diid not like the Irish hmmm. Times have changed. :-2
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

capt_buzzard wrote: Even the English, Scots & Welsh are coming here. I thought the English diid not like the Irish hmmm. Times have changed.

What an extraordinary idea.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Try london we are completely over run with immigrants and guess what they have more rights than me and i was born and bread here .sarah jane
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bill Sikes wrote: What an extraordinary idea. This time round, the English that are coming - to retire. Our welfare system is better that theirs.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Its to get away from the flood of immigrants. sj

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Yes they are taking over Britain.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

But why are we not allowed to voice our views we have never been consulted this country IS over run and resourses are limited i dont want to be here when i retire because there will even less here for the brits . sj

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Some British are moving to France,Spain and Southern Ireland. Around 32,000 British people have come here since 1983 (Government figures) About half of that,are of Irish parents who went to England in the 1940s and 1960s. The rest are pure Brits.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

I feel like every thing this country had to be proud of is being taken away from us incase it offends other cultures well what about us the very fact this country is a dumping ground for the rest of the worlds trash offends me i would love once again to be proud to be british but sadly im not ive been to many countrys and we are a laughing stock open to everyone and excluding our own something has to be wrong. sj

jahamaa

Post by jahamaa »

Poor babies.

Welcome to Freedom. sucks sometimes doesn't it. especially when your used to being on the top of the pecking order and suddenly you see that ending.

toughen up.
GOD CREATED MAN AND SAM COLT MADE THEM EQUAL
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

Now I get it! The latin Americans are going to the Northwest Territories so that they can walk across the polar ice cap to live in England and Ireland. Dang, they're smart.
abbey

Post by abbey »

hairygarden1 wrote: Somewhere in the world there is a good welfare system? The U.S. has a terrible welfare system, even for the elderly. And our jackass of a president is only making the problem worse. :(
Yep Britains got it, no matter who you are, no matter where you're from come on over to Great Britain, you get free hospital treatment, free medicines, cash from state benefits & once you've come through immigration as an asylum seeker you'll be sent somewhere in britain where the local authorities are deemed to house you, but wait theirs more.. need that house furnishing? no worries theirs money in the pot for a colour tv, and a dvd player and a mobile phone (cos the immigration authorities need to have contact) don't worry about the schooling for your children & extended family that no doubt will be joining you in the future we have plenty of solely Asian schools of our own where the teachers will speak soley urdu, and wait theirs more.. if you have any problems with your housing we have local councilors that speak your language, dont worry if you need to translate anything into English because that councilor has an interpretor of his own!!

Yes come on over to good old blighty we never turn you away, we know you must be tired after your longhaul flight, the one that took you through all those other countries that would have put your bums right back on the plane & sent you right back to your own country.

WELCOME..... :yh_hugs
pantsonfire321@aol.com

You forgot to mention free driving lessons and free DVDs from the library thay can also get compensation for the trama they suffered (id like to see them try in their own country)they get free NHS treatement if they get ill, free schooling (you know 70%of a school buget goes on asylum issues sod the british kids )they get free dental treatment. why dont i just move out and give my house to the the next one that comes along with a sob story im sure blair would love that .SJ XX :-5

minks

Post by minks »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: I feel like every thing this country had to be proud of is being taken away from us incase it offends other cultures well what about us the very fact this country is a dumping ground for the rest of the worlds trash offends me i would love once again to be proud to be british but sadly im not ive been to many countrys and we are a laughing stock open to everyone and excluding our own something has to be wrong. sj

Speaking for those of us here in America, now we know just what the Native Americans Felt like when folks from afar came and claimed these lands.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Paula

Post by Paula »

Welcome Refugees, anything ya need, will get it for ya. I think it's great! They are people and need help. Lets give them a helping hand! Why not? Now does god know anything about this and if so what is he doing for them? Hi. :thinking:
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Paula wrote: Welcome Refugees, anything ya need, will get it for ya. I think it's great! They are people and need help. Lets give them a helping hand! Why not? Now does god know anything about this and if so what is he doing for them? Hi. :thinking:
SENDING EM TO GREAT BRITAIN.. :-5
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

abbey wrote: SENDING EM TO GREAT BRITAIN.. :-5
Do we get a finders fee for all these tax write-offs? :)

Return to “Immigration”