Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Open or closed borders?
User avatar
CVX
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by CVX »

Feds Believe Man Brought 60 From Terrorist State Into US

A smuggling ring specializing in bringing Iranians into the U.S. over the Mexico border has been broken up in an FBI sting operation.



A 39-year-old Iranian with permanent legal residency status who is suspected of having smuggled 60 other Iranians into the U.S. was arrested Thursday in Mesa, Ariz., according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.



At his arraignment yesterday, Zeayadali Malhamdary, who owns a tailoring business, pleaded not guilty. He faces a detention hearing tomorrow.



Iran has long been designated a terrorist state by the U.S. State Department and FBI.



The FBI began investigating Malhamdary after a source told immigration officials that Malhamdary had sought help getting false Mexican visas so he could bring Iranians into Mexico and then across the border into Arizona.



The source also told investigators that Malhamdary had asked for help bringing his sister into the United States. According to the probable cause statement by FBI Agent Aaron Kellerman, the source didn't help him, but the sister did arrive in Arizona.



Federal prosecutors say Malhamdary had previously smuggled about 60 Iranians into the United States.



Malhamdary flew to Tehran, Iran, in March, allegedly to get the passports of the Iranians he planned to smuggle into the United States through Mexico, Kellerman said in the statement.



In late March, the undercover agent was given three passports.



Malhamdary allegedly told the undercover agent in May that he had eight more people who wanted to be smuggled into the United States.



The undercover agent on Thursday met with Malhamdary and agreed to pick up three Iranians in Mexico City and then to bring them to Nogales, Mexico, and arrange to have them smuggled across the border, Kellerman said in his statement.



When he was arrested, Malhamdary allegedly told investigators that he wanted to bring Iranians into the United States so they could seek refugee status. No one answered the phone at his tailoring business yesterday afternoon.



If convicted of the three attempted smuggling charges, Malhamdary could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each of the counts.



FBI officials said they had no reason to believe there were any terrorist connections to the case.



http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44531
User avatar
capt_buzzard
Posts: 5557
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by capt_buzzard »

CVX wrote: Feds Believe Man Brought 60 From Terrorist State Into US



A smuggling ring specializing in bringing Iranians into the U.S. over the Mexico border has been broken up in an FBI sting operation.



A 39-year-old Iranian with permanent legal residency status who is suspected of having smuggled 60 other Iranians into the U.S. was arrested Thursday in Mesa, Ariz., according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.



At his arraignment yesterday, Zeayadali Malhamdary, who owns a tailoring business, pleaded not guilty. He faces a detention hearing tomorrow.



Iran has long been designated a terrorist state by the U.S. State Department and FBI.



The FBI began investigating Malhamdary after a source told immigration officials that Malhamdary had sought help getting false Mexican visas so he could bring Iranians into Mexico and then across the border into Arizona.



The source also told investigators that Malhamdary had asked for help bringing his sister into the United States. According to the probable cause statement by FBI Agent Aaron Kellerman, the source didn't help him, but the sister did arrive in Arizona.



Federal prosecutors say Malhamdary had previously smuggled about 60 Iranians into the United States.



Malhamdary flew to Tehran, Iran, in March, allegedly to get the passports of the Iranians he planned to smuggle into the United States through Mexico, Kellerman said in the statement.



In late March, the undercover agent was given three passports.



Malhamdary allegedly told the undercover agent in May that he had eight more people who wanted to be smuggled into the United States.



The undercover agent on Thursday met with Malhamdary and agreed to pick up three Iranians in Mexico City and then to bring them to Nogales, Mexico, and arrange to have them smuggled across the border, Kellerman said in his statement.



When he was arrested, Malhamdary allegedly told investigators that he wanted to bring Iranians into the United States so they could seek refugee status. No one answered the phone at his tailoring business yesterday afternoon.



If convicted of the three attempted smuggling charges, Malhamdary could face up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on each of the counts.



FBI officials said they had no reason to believe there were any terrorist connections to the case.





http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44531
Bin Laden's Gang could be among them.
john8pies
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:53 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by john8pies »

A suitable punishment would be to drop all the guilty back into Iran....without a parachute.....
User avatar
capt_buzzard
Posts: 5557
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: A suitable punishment would be to drop all the guilty back into Iran....without a parachute.....
They don't need one John, they wear dresses don't they
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

Yeah cap that was mature!

What you couldn't thinkof a good intellectual comment so you had to resprt to slatting their dress... good for you, it shows what level you will sink too, name calling..

it is the fact that we have so many cultures and differing ways that makes the world a wonderful place.

Wouldn't a more suitable way to handle it , be to hand them over to their own goverments, to be held and investigated..
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

capt_buzzard wrote: They don't need one John, they wear dresses don't they



Twat.
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by abbey »

Fletch wrote: Twat.
I really dont think there was any need for that childish remark!
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

And I didn't think there was any need for his stupid remark either.
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

venus wrote: Yeah cap that was mature!



What you couldn't thinkof a good intellectual comment so you had to resprt to slatting their dress... good for you, it shows what level you will sink too, name calling..



it is the fact that we have so many cultures and differing ways that makes the world a wonderful place.



Wouldn't a more suitable way to handle it , be to hand them over to their own goverments, to be held and investigated..



Don't change the fact that they wear dresses does it?

Me thinks buzzard speaks the truth.



Oh I like your reference to name calling then on next post a really astute person (a friend of yours here I believe?) showed his (her) IQ with a reference to a womans anatomy.

Gotta love it.:wah:
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

Got to say bts l don't know Fletch, just happen to agree with what he/she said.

And no they do not wear dresses, so how about you get your facts right before you start pulling apart other peoples posts...

If one person starts name calling and another throws one back ehy is the latter in the wrong and not the former also?

So if you agree with someones opinion does that make you friends with all of them?
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

You know, I don't think Venus needs to address everyone for what they are saying.

I took it as a general comment to the both of us.

Anyway, his comments were not about Muslim fashion or the sudden notice of what they wear, but simply making fun of the fact that should you throw one out of a plane without a parachute, their 'dress' would act as one.



Real smart.

With logic like that, I am bowled over and simply unable to refrain from using the same level of intellectual debate.

Hence Twat, and I happily stand by it regardless of the fact that I may be a noob to this forum and not have five and a half thousand posts under my belt.
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by abbey »

Fletch wrote: You know, I don't think Venus needs to address everyone for what they are saying.



I took it as a general comment to the both of us.



Anyway, his comments were not about Muslim fashion or the sudden notice of what they wear, but simply making fun of the fact that should you throw one out of a plane without a parachute, their 'dress' would act as one.





Real smart.



With logic like that, I am bowled over and simply unable to refrain from using the same level of intellectual debate.



Hence Twat, and I happily stand by it regardless of the fact that I may be a noob to this forum and not have five and a half thousand posts under my belt.
OK, you've made yer point nob, oops sorry noob. :rolleyes:
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

Try telling a Scotsman he wears a skirt!!
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

venus wrote: Got to say bts l don't know Fletch, just happen to agree with what he/she said.

And no they do not wear dresses, so how about you get your facts right before you start pulling apart other peoples posts...

If one person starts name calling and another throws one back ehy is the latter in the wrong and not the former also?

So if you agree with someones opinion does that make you friends with all of them?

You might not call it a dress but I do........



Q: Do men have a dress code as well?

A: Absolutely. Both men and women are commanded in the Qur'an to "lower their gaze and be modest." It is generally understood that men are not to expose the area of their body from the navel to the knee. However, many Muslim men would feel shy to expose a bare chest or bare legs in public. As with women, men are not to wear clothing that is tight or see-through. Indeed, in many Muslim societies the traditional clothing for men includes long, flowing robes, or long tunics that fully cover the body.

And who did I call a name? I just pointed out the name calling. Is that calling anyone a name?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

venus wrote: Try telling a Scotsman he wears a skirt!!

Skirt kilt....same difference
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

abbey wrote: OK, you've made yer point nob, oops sorry noob. :rolleyes:



Hypocrite.
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

Fletch wrote: You know, I don't think Venus needs to address everyone for what they are saying.

I took it as a general comment to the both of us.

Anyway, his comments were not about Muslim fashion or the sudden notice of what they wear, but simply making fun of the fact that should you throw one (enlarged by BTS to show error) out of a plane without a parachute, their 'dress' would act as one.



Real smart.

With logic like that, I am bowled over and simply unable to refrain from using the same level of intellectual debate.

Hence Twat, and I happily stand by it regardless of the fact that I may be a noob to this forum and not have five and a half thousand posts under my belt.



Get it right PAL............

NOT just one he said:

"A suitable punishment would be to drop all the guilty back into Iran....without a parachute....."
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

Just a recap for BTS. Is it so hard to see this was nothing to do with being a fashion guru and simply a dumb attempt at taking the psss out of the way they dress?





Fletch wrote: His comments were not about Muslim fashion or the sudden notice of what they wear, but simply making fun of the fact that should you throw one out of a plane without a parachute, their 'dress' would act as one.

User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

Fletch wrote: Hypocrite.



FARKLE............
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

have to point out the obvious TUNIC TUNIC DRESS DRESS they are not the same...

Abbey l don't understand why you choose to slag off one guy and not the other for the name calling... and then call him a name yourself.... thats being hypocritical

You cannot make a comment then shoot it down yourself, it really does make you look confused..
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

BTS wrote: Get it right PAL............

NOT just one he said:

"A suitable punishment would be to drop all the guilty back into Iran....without a parachute....."



Yes and then he decided to have a pop at what they wear in a childish attempt at humour that you fail to see, PAL
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

Fletch wrote: Yes and then he decided to have a pop at what they wear in a childish attempt at humour that you fail to see, PAL

I liked the humor........... Lighten up a little.

Maybe a few of the guilty should be dropped back on their home lands and get the hell out of our country and keep other vermon that seek to harm Americans out of here..... by the example.

Remember before you all hijacked this thread the subject was:

"
Feds Believe Man Brought 60 From Terrorist State Into US"
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

And to think, I'm a priest by day.

You know, I just wish that people would look further than the crap that the media spreads.

I wish the UK government would kick out all the tossers that cause us so much grief, regardless of their religion or race.

They do their race and the human race no justice.

But why do so many governments have business interests with them?

It sickens me that the Bush family have ties and investment with the Bin Laden family!

Surely that's enough of a reason to question the 'officials'.



If Blair was linked to say, Jorge Haider, European Far Right Racist, then he would have no leg to stand on come the Racial debate!

It's no dfifferent.

We all deserve so much better than these retards in power give us.
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

Fletch wrote: And to think, I'm a priest by day.

You know, I just wish that people would look further than the crap that the media spreads.

I wish the UK government would kick out all the tossers that cause us so much grief, regardless of their religion or race.

They do their race and the human race no justice.

But why do so many governments have business interests with them?

It sickens me that the Bush family have ties and investment with the Bin Laden family!

Surely that's enough of a reason to question the 'officials'.



If Blair was linked to say, Jorge Haider, European Far Right Racist, then he would have no leg to stand on come the Racial debate!

It's no dfifferent.

We all deserve so much better than these retards in power give us.

There you go again Michael Moore........OOPS Fletch making a lame brained statement you can't back up:

"It sickens me that the Bush family have ties and investment with the Bin Laden family!"

Didn't his family (Bin Laden) disown him in 1994?

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Fletch
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by Fletch »

Yeah and didn't the Bush family get the Bin Ladens out of America the very next day?

Tell me that was all just CGI?

Tell me that the paperwork was faked?

Tell me that the FBI agents who came forward and said it stank were liars?



Get over yourself man?

I'll take a stab in the dark that you just have sad little issues with muslims and you can't see the differences.

You also are of the idea that anybody who says anything against Bush is a Michael Moore fan.

Get the hell out of here.

The fact that Moore got so much wrong speaks for itself.



I hope you get over your 'isms' one day and realize that good old Dubya is actually a moron that can barely string a legible sentence together without the aid of 20 spin doctors.

I'd also do some research before you make a fool out of yourself instead of being lazy and expecting it all on a plate.



Enjoy the thread dude, I'll leave you to it, as debate is beyond you.



But on a final note sir, perhaps you'd care to explain this.

Why blow the crap out of Afghanistan but not Ireland?

Surely, as Bush says, a terrorist is a terrorist?



You do crack me up though.

I think you just like arguing for the sake of it without doing a single shred of research.
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

Fletch wrote:

I'd also do some research before you make a fool out of yourself instead of being lazy and expecting it all on a plate.



Enjoy the thread dude, I'll leave you to it, as debate is beyond you.



Gee dood All I ask for was proof and all you have is SPEIL..........

You make asinine statements with no proof and call me lazy..........

Just proove one thing you have been saying......OK

It is easy to call me lazy but hey a few facts PLEASE!!

like this one:

"It sickens me that the Bush family have ties and investment with the Bin Laden family!"

You cop out and say I will dispute the site well try me EH?
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by abbey »

Fletch wrote: Hypocrite.
TROLL!







have to point out the obvious TUNIC TUNIC DRESS DRESS they are not the same...

Abbey l don't understand why you choose to slag off one guy and not the other for the name calling... and then call him a name yourself.... thats being hypocritical

You cannot make a comment then shoot it down yourself, it really does make you look confused..




Yes, i'm a hypocrite, actually when i posted the offending post calling him a nob it was a mistake but when i re-read my post i realised how apt it was.
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

Abbey l really don't think it was apt at all, anyway lm sure fletch can stick up for him/herself! and it would appear that you don't like people pointing out when you are acting in the exact way that you are giving people grief for.....

Did you actually read all of the posts or just jump on the band wagon...

Did you not understand the derogatory comments made towards people because they have a differing way of dress... or the arguments that were raised, that if one took the time to research they would see that there is evidence out there!

and bts, if you were to point me in the way of a site to help stand your argument l wouldn;t read it, l would try and find one that was neutral and not on one side or the other which is what it would be, either one side or the other..

Nice to see that if someone has a differing view and can hold a debate you just have to troll them.

Way to go, makes me proud to be British (by the way that was sarcasm, didn't think there were such closed minded people on here):(
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

venus wrote:

and bts, if you were to point me in the way of a site to help stand your argument l wouldn;t read it, l would try and find one that was neutral and not on one side or the other which is what it would be, either one side or the other..



Thanks for letting see how open minded you are and saving my energy searching out a point of view.



quote venus:



"Yeah cap that was mature!



What you couldn't thinkof a good intellectual comment so you had to resprt to slatting their dress... good for you, it shows what level you will sink too, name calling.."



So venus, what is it, a tunic tunic or a dress dress?





BTS also notes venus is close minded and will not read his links if he posts.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
venus
Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:56 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by venus »

Actuallt BTS the point l made is that no matter which site etc that either of us wanted to use to assist in our point it is likely to be biased to our own point of view, even if we do not see it that way...

Go on then link me up and l will read.

Also note that if l am wrong l have the balls to admit l am wrong and if l have said something offensive to a culture, religion l will apologise... I will not however for ever apologise for making an observation towards a comment made by someone else.

In refrence to the cap comment , yes l called him immature, because that is how l read it.. No real need for the comment just taking the **** out of a different culture, for that l see people as closed minded.. Do you think a comment about Americans in the same tone would have been laughed at l doubt it..

If you disagree, thats fine by me, l don't know you and you don't know me. I treat forums like this as places to go say hi, and possibly learn something.

I don't use it as a way to make friends l already have lots of those, that aside there are some very fine people on here. Just because we have different views and opinions does not mean l have to dislike them wholly or troll them.

That is what makes us us, being different.

I stand by a rule of life l gave myself at a young age..

Dislike the person for the person, not colour, dress, religion. culture etc

Therefore l will never use them in an argument...

And trust me l am one of the least closed minded people there is.
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
User avatar
abbey
Posts: 15069
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:00 pm

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by abbey »

Abbey l really don't think it was apt at all, anyway lm sure fletch can stick up for him/herself! and it would appear that you don't like people pointing out when you are acting in the exact way that you are giving people grief for.....I'M EASY, I DONT MIND,I CAN TAKE IT.

Did you actually read all of the posts or just jump on the band wagon...

Did you not understand the derogatory comments made towards people because they have a differing way of dress...YES I DID... or the arguments that were raised, that if one took the time to research they would see that there is evidence out there!



and bts, if you were to point me in the way of a site to help stand your argument l wouldn;t read it, l would try and find one that was neutral and not on one side or the other which is what it would be, either one side or the other..



Nice to see that if someone has a differing view and can hold a debate you just have to troll them.OKEYDOKEY

Way to go, makes me proud to be British (by the way that was sarcasm, didn't think there were such closed minded people on here):(
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Iranian Smuggling Ring Busted Near Mexican Border

Post by BTS »

venus wrote: Actuallt BTS the point l made is that no matter which site etc that either of us wanted to use to assist in our point it is likely to be biased to our own point of view, even if we do not see it that way...



Go on then link me up and l will read.

Also note that if l am wrong l have the balls to admit l am wrong and if l have said something offensive to a culture, religion l will apologise... I will not however for ever apologise for making an observation towards a comment made by someone else.



In refrence to the cap comment , yes l called him immature, because that is how l read it.. No real need for the comment just taking the **** out of a different culture, for that l see people as closed minded.. Do you think a comment about Americans in the same tone would have been laughed at l doubt it..



If you disagree, thats fine by me, l don't know you and you don't know me. I treat forums like this as places to go say hi, and possibly learn something.

I don't use it as a way to make friends l already have lots of those, that aside there are some very fine people on here. Just because we have different views and opinions does not mean l have to dislike them wholly or troll them.

That is what makes us us, being different.



I stand by a rule of life l gave myself at a young age..

Dislike the person for the person, not colour, dress, religion. culture etc

Therefore l will never use them in an argument...



And trust me l am one of the least closed minded people there is.



Thanks for your honesty.

So noted.

I agree with most of what you say.

See you around
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Immigration”