Supreme Court Ruling Opens Door for Deportation of Illegal Immigrants

Open or closed borders?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Opens the door?!? Opens the door?!? When was there ever a question that illegal immigrants (thus criminals) could/should/ought to be deported???

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

link don't work sweetie. :)
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Captain Ray

Post by Captain Ray »

Charles Lane

The Washington Post

The Supreme Court endorsed a tough application of immigration law to certain longtime illegal immigrants, clearing the way for summary deportations of perhaps thousands who have been living in the United States for a decade or more.

By a vote of 8 to 1, the court ruled that the U.S. government properly sent Utah truck driver Humberto Fernandez-Vargas back to Mexico in 2004 because he returned to the U.S. illegally in 1982 after having been previously deported.

The court ruled that he and others in a similar position are covered retroactively by the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act, which says illegal immigrants who reenter the country after a previous deportation must be removed, usually with no opportunity for an appeal or change in immigration status, and must stay away for at least 10 years.

Sorry.. I can't post the URL because I havn't got 15 posts yet.. but you can google it if you like.. it's at civil rights . com

Pretty silly if you ask me.. they are here illegally.. send them home!

Raymond
cars

Post by cars »

Accountable wrote: Opens the door?!? Opens the door?!? When was there ever a question that illegal immigrants (thus criminals) could/should/ought to be deported???

Deported, HELL, yesterday I was at the supermarket & to my dismay I picked up a box of "Nabisco" Unsatled Saltines. And I couldn't read the box, it was written in Spanish I think! It said: SIN COBERTURA DE SAL - Receta facily rapida??? Luckily they had a picture of the saltines on the box! :-5
Cars :)
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Deported, HELL, yesterday I was at the supermarket & to my dismay I picked up a box of "Nabisco" Unsatled Saltines. And I couldn't read the box, it was written in Spanish I think! It said: SIN COBERTURA DE SAL - Receta facily rapida??? Luckily they had a picture of the saltines on the box! :-5

but I thought that Spanish was America's second language - isn't that normal?
cars

Post by cars »

Bryn Mawr wrote: but I thought that Spanish was America's second language - isn't that normal?

Surely you jest, that's one of the high profile debates going on here! They also want to sing our "National Anthem" in Spanish! :mad:
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Surely you jest, that's one of the high profile debates going on here! They also want to sing our "National Anthem" in Spanish! :mad:

I hope you're not suggesting that I'm stirring the pot!
cars

Post by cars »

Bryn Mawr wrote: I hope you're not suggesting that I'm stirring the pot!

Of course not, not you! :D They even have changed many "Road Signs" here removing the "English words" on them, changed to just "symbols", indicating some action is needed/required!:guitarist
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

cars wrote: Of course not, not you! :D They even have changed many "Road Signs" here removing the "English words" on them, changed to just "symbols", indicating some action is needed/required!:guitarist

It's not unusual here for notices and council signs to be in three or four languages - even the street names are bi-lingual.
cars

Post by cars »

Bryn Mawr wrote: It's not unusual here for notices and council signs to be in three or four languages - even the street names are bi-lingual.

OK, but where do you draw the line, would you want your Countries National Anthem sung in a foreign language, say like at a Soccer game? I am taking the liberty to presume you would not. ;) If I'm wrong correct me.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Worse than that, some actually believe these newest immigrants are incapable of learning/assimilating/succeeding on their own, when actually, all this bilingual "help" they're getting is slowing down the process.

Return to “Immigration”