Till Death do us Part?

A forum for our physically challenged members.
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

What is a happy marriage between two people today in 2005?

Will a marriage today be 'till death do us part' or is it just a fun thing because everybody does it? Is it just to procreating? And do we still do it for Love and Happy ever after?
minks

Till Death do us Part?

Post by minks »

capt_buzzard wrote: What is a happy marriage between two people today in 2005?

Will a marriage today be 'till death do us part' or is it just a fun thing because everybody does it? Is it just to procreating? And do we still do it for Love and Happy ever after?

Here in the Americas us in the north have a 51% chance of divorcing and it is a 60 something % chance south of the 49th parallel.

Looks like really lousy odds of a happily ever after marriage huh.

I think people enter into a committed relationship mainly out of love. But that may not end in marriage these days.

I sure hope it isn't because everyone else does, and I sure hope it isn't for procreation pity the children and what kind of home it would be if the parents never loved one and other.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: What is a happy marriage between two people today in 2005?

I'm such a romantic that I believe in happily ever after if you choose to work on the relationship everyday. I'm not sure too many people know what committment is anymore unless it's to the almighty dollar and the making of it. I think people forget it's not just about me me me in a relationship and communication and compromise are big parts of it.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: I'm such a romantic that I believe in happily ever after if you choose to work on the relationship everyday. I'm not sure too many people know what committment is anymore unless it's to the almighty dollar and the making of it. I think people forget it's not just about me me me in a relationship and communication and compromise are big parts of it.Oh I go along with that nvalleyvee. And I'm still at it after 32 years:guitarist
Jives

Till Death do us Part?

Post by Jives »

The key to a good marriage is to realize that your mate isn't perfect...and neither are you! There will always be some little things that bug, no matter how long you're married. Just learn to get by that and remember the person you married, you love.

For example, my wife has no Earthly idea of how to change a toilet paper roll. I can't count the number of times I've sat down only to be ambushed by an empty roll!

On the other hand, I seem to have a problem turning socks right side out after I wear them. I never really realized this was a problem, since during my entire 34-year stint as a bachelor, I never had a problem washing them inside out and turning them the other way when I folded clothes, but apparently, this is actually a heinous crime.

Everyone's always looking for that "perfect" mate, and divorcing them when they turn to to be less than that. Well here's some news for everybody.....

There's NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT MATE!:wah:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

Jives wrote: The key to a good marriage is to realize that your mate isn't perfect...and neither are you! There will always be some little things that bug, no matter how long you're married. Just learn to get by that and remember the person you married, you love.

For example, my wife has no Earthly idea of how to change a toilet paper roll. I can't count the number of times I've sat down only to be ambushed by an empty roll!

On the other hand, I seem to have a problem turning socks right side out after I wear them. I never really realized this was a problem, since during my entire 34-year stint as a bachelor, I never had a problem washing them inside out and turning them the other way when I folded clothes, but apparently, this is actually a heinous crime.

Everyone's always looking for that "perfect" mate, and divorcing them when they turn to to be less than that. Well here's some news for everybody.....

There's NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT MATE!:wah:Even the toothpaste cap:wah:
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

Toilet paper, toothpaste, socks........ if you feel the need to argue about these ultimately irrelevant things - there is something deeper wrong with your relationship. I agree with you Jives. Perfection is something planted by the magazines and movies of our society - impossible to attain - and as for me who the hell wants perfection. I want a loving and caring partner.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: Toilet paper, toothpaste, socks........ if you feel the need to argue about these ultimately irrelevant things - there is something deeper wrong with your relationship. I agree with you Jives. Perfection is something planted by the magazines and movies of our society - impossible to attain - and as for me who the hell wants perfection. I want a loving and caring partner.And she doesn't like my hair cut too short. I kinda like it that way. WOMEN.
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

OMG - I forgot the MOST IMPORTANT thing - do you make each other smile and laugh each day?
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: OMG - I forgot the MOST IMPORTANT thing - do you make each other smile and laugh each day?ALWAYS nvalleyvee and at night too. Just before bye byes;)
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: ALWAYS nvalleyvee and at night too. Just before bye byes;)

I was counting the nights too Capt. :sneaky:
Jives

Till Death do us Part?

Post by Jives »

Far Rider wrote: Jives.... you're killin me man!

I'm slayin' 'em! I'm knockin' 'em dead! ! They're dying laughing!

I live with cold air all night, push the mower around and into the street, eat salty food, and re-reel the hose...

...and they say that chivalry's dead! Sheesh! I think NOT!

cause everynight before I go to bed she tells me she loves me and I get a kiss and she pets my arm a little...

thats good enough fer me.

Sweeeet! Now that's what marriage is about!
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

And its nice to wakeup together. :guitarist
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

He walks into our kitchen as I'm cooking dinner - gives me many suggestions - I put up my fisticuffs - tell him go away - we end up dancing to music that isn't there. :-4
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: He walks into our kitchen as I'm cooking dinner - gives me many suggestions - I put up my fisticuffs - tell him go away - we end up dancing to music that isn't there. :-4Oh I can see it now, dancing in the dark....................................:-4 I've only got eyes for you:-6
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: Oh I can see it now, dancing in the dark....................................:-4 I've only got eyes for you:-6

I can tell you've been there - done that - for many years. At 49 I doubt I'll have that many years but I know the years we have will be spent holding each others affection.
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: I can tell you've been there - done that - for many years. At 49 I doubt I'll have that many years but I know the years we have will be spent holding each others affection.49? I'm 57 dear and still lovin it:-4
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: 49? I'm 57 dear and still lovin it:-4

I didn't find my love until last year.
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: I didn't find my love until last year.Ahhhhh. NICE. And its never too late to fall in love. Isn't that a song:guitarist
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: Ahhhhh. NICE. And its never too late to fall in love. Isn't that a song:guitarist

It must be a CW or Folk song :guitarist
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: It must be a CW or Folk song :guitaristI'm a big American C/W fan.:guitarist
nvalleyvee

Till Death do us Part?

Post by nvalleyvee »

capt_buzzard wrote: I'm a big American C/W fan.:guitarist

Well Capt I don't know many people who are so welcome to our club :)
capt_buzzard

Till Death do us Part?

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: OMG - I forgot the MOST IMPORTANT thing - do you make each other smile and laugh each day?After the row:-4
Peg

Till Death do us Part?

Post by Peg »

I think too often people marry and expect to change those annoying little things that bug them about the other person. One day they wake up and realize it just isn't going to happen. :wah: A lot of people get married due to pregnancy. There is no reason to in this day and age. I've tried to instill in my kids, if you would not want to spend the rest of your life with a person, do not have sex with them.

Laughter is a good key to a marriage. What is life without laughter?
cars

Till Death do us Part?

Post by cars »

The success of a good marriage is dependent on realizing that both partners must work at it full time. Having a 50/50 workload around the house, chores, & decision making arrangement.

Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, many people are now getting married later on in life. Therefore, both parties are pretty well set in their own way of lifestyle. Many married Women today work, & even earn more money then their spouse, so they have no problem if need be divorcing and going back out on their own again. (When kids are involved it's more sticky) Matromony's "Till Death do us part" seems like for many in today's world, as it is a thing in the past.

Statistics displayed in other's posts bare out this philosophy. :wah:
Cars :)
mominiowa

Till Death do us Part?

Post by mominiowa »

We went to a wedding just last night- The grooms brother gave his sons silly string - and when they were dancing their song on the dance floor - the kids shot that silly string in her hair and all over her wedding dress-- THEN I walked outside to get some air and the kids were saying they had water balloons they were going to throw at her when she same out- I WAS DEVISTATED! - It gets better- His and her family were outside making bets. writing dates down - and the pot was up to 140$ on when in the next 6 months she would leave him with nothing..becuase he was like #3!! I never felt so bad for a mother of the groom - who was just mortified by what was going on and what she had heard about this woman just 3 weeks before the wedding..He has never been married and she makes it an art form I guess...:( It breaks my heart to see my hubbys friend go through this..My own husband wouldn't get up and dance the $$ dance with her becuase he said she wasn't worth a dollar....:confused: Where does a friendship go so wrong- when they can't even talk to their friend about why he is dating this chic! SAD SAD SAD:(

I know when I got married this time - some one came up to me and told me 2nd marriages have a divorce rate of like 75% -and asked why I would do that......I looked at them and said becuase evey day when I think of him, my heart skips a beat--every night when he rolls over and "HE MAYBE SNORING" but he puts his arm on my side...he makes me smile..AND the big one..He met me when I was bald as a baby's butt - and he feel in love with me that way- fluffed up on steriods and shiny bald....NOW- THATS LOVE!:-4

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
buttercup

Till Death do us Part?

Post by buttercup »

im scared of marriage, terrified in fact
Accountable

Till Death do us Part?

Post by Accountable »

buttercup wrote: im scared of marriage, terrified in fact
Marriage was scary enough! Divorce petrifies me. I could never try that!

Return to “Physically Challenged”