Sexless Marriages

A forum for our physically challenged members.
capt_buzzard

Sexless Marriages

Post by capt_buzzard »

As many as one third of marriages in Japan are sexless,according to a recent survey by the country's health ministry. The problem is now so widepread that the government fears is contributing to the dramatic plunge in Japan's birthrate.

Researchers admit the phenomenon is poorly understood and has various causes. They stress that sexlessness is not only found in couples whose relationships have broken down and are headed for divorce.

www.timesonline.co.uk
minks

Sexless Marriages

Post by minks »

capt_buzzard wrote: As many as one third of marriages in Japan are sexless,according to a recent survey by the country's health ministry. The problem is now so widepread that the government fears is contributing to the dramatic plunge in Japan's birthrate.

Researchers admit the phenomenon is poorly understood and has various causes. They stress that sexlessness is not only found in couples whose relationships have broken down and are headed for divorce.

www.timesonline.co.uk

OMG what a concept those Japanese have when it comes to population control. Mind boggleing isn't it.

Ok sorry not meant to be funny, OMG Relationships without sex. How dull.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
persephone

Sexless Marriages

Post by persephone »

I'm confused, it is Japan that limits one child per couple isn't it or they did at some point ???

Hehe, they say it's a problem here that there are not enough children being born to look after the ever growing elderly population etc.

At least we still have sex :p
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Jives

Sexless Marriages

Post by Jives »

letha wrote: I'm confused, it is Japan that limits one child per couple isn't it or they did at some point ???

That was, and is, China. They have to do something about their huge birthrate.
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
Jives

Sexless Marriages

Post by Jives »

It's not so bad. My marriage isn't actually sexless, but it's close. My poor girl is far too ill to do anything. :(
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
nvalleyvee

Sexless Marriages

Post by nvalleyvee »

Jives wrote: It's not so bad. My marriage isn't actually sexless, but it's close. My poor girl is far too ill to do anything. :(

I hope she gets better - I was there a year ago. I admire you for staying with her. My (now ex) husband left me when I became ill. I don't want to demean your situation but I think the Japanese don't have a good reason to have sexless marriages. Maybe their walls are too flimsy and they don't want the kids or neighbors to know what they are doing.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
minks

Sexless Marriages

Post by minks »

or maybe they are too wrapped up in the new age of..... progress, work, work relations, competing in the work world.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

Sexless Marriages

Post by nvalleyvee »

minks wrote: or maybe they are too wrapped up in the new age of..... progress, work, work relations, competing in the work world.

So what is the point of having a life - does not sound like very much time for leizure - work work work makes me a very dull girl
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
john8pies

Sexless Marriages

Post by john8pies »

If both partners agreed, I suppose that`d be okay, but sure seems a weird basis on which to tie the knot!
capt_buzzard

Sexless Marriages

Post by capt_buzzard »

tmbsgrl wrote: I couldn't imagaine a Marriage without sex.. :-2 My hubby would not like that at all. He would be cranky all the time and so would I... :DNor my Mrs. She asks nicely:D
capt_buzzard

Sexless Marriages

Post by capt_buzzard »

john8pies wrote: If both partners agreed, I suppose that`d be okay, but sure seems a weird basis on which to tie the knot!Yeah, be fruitful and multiply;)
nvalleyvee

Sexless Marriages

Post by nvalleyvee »

I believe there is NO reason to get together in the first place unless there is a healthy sex life. I've "heard, seen, been told" that the sex life goes first and the divorce comes after. Why share a bed if you don't share each other to satisfaction? I'm VERY confused. I've been in relationships that sex was withheld because of emotional "ISSUES". Give me a break! If there were "issues" between 2 loving people - they would have been sorted out through conversation. If there were physical issues - notice I didn't quote that - they would have been worked out in the same manner. Where is the happy? Where is the soul of the two of you together? I don't mean to imply it is all about sex - but touching and mental "f==king" plays an important part. So I say - bring on a partner - someone to share, enjoy, cry, and generally give heck. It usually beats being alone.
capt_buzzard

Sexless Marriages

Post by capt_buzzard »

nvalleyvee wrote: I believe there is NO reason to get together in the first place unless there is a healthy sex life. I've "heard, seen, been told" that the sex life goes first and the divorce comes after. Why share a bed if you don't share each other to satisfaction? I'm VERY confused. I've been in relationships that sex was withheld because of emotional "ISSUES". Give me a break! If there were "issues" between 2 loving people - they would have been sorted out through conversation. If there were physical issues - notice I didn't quote that - they would have been worked out in the same manner. Where is the happy? Where is the soul of the two of you together? I don't mean to imply it is all about sex - but touching and mental "f==king" plays an important part. So I say - bring on a partner - someone to share, enjoy, cry, and generally give heck. It usually beats being alone.You got it Babe

Return to “Physically Challenged”