Cleft Palate

A forum for our physically challenged members.
kmhowe72

Cleft Palate

Post by kmhowe72 »

In Dec. my 10 month old at the time went through cleft palate surgery. It's routine. But it wasn't so routine for us. My husband and I were terrified after the surgery our daughter went ti the pic u. which is pediatric ICU. Anyway she spent almost a day there, and thankfully she was fiine. I never got a clear reason why or what happen. She had some much mucus and everything just get stuck either in lungs or her throat. The doctor told the ventalater came out during surgery. It was horrible to see our little girl like that.

when having any type of surgery either for yourself or for young child, but especially your child ask lot's of question's. What seemed to be routine but turn complicated. My husband and I found out the hard way. we didn't even know it was a possibilty. Our daughter's surgen, said 78 operation or so he had it only happened one time before. Small comfort for a parent. It's my fault I never asked enogh questions. :-5
kmhowe
koan

Cleft Palate

Post by koan »

I remember reading all the books about what could go wrong in pregnancy and thinking "Who needs this crap in their heads?" I put the book down and didn't look at it again. I don't think knowing what can go wrong would make you feel any better. If you check the surgeon out for malpractice suits etc in advance that's all you can do. Then try to relax and trust in a higher power to protect your family. Having all the details to worry about might just be another form of hell.

Return to “Physically Challenged”