What! You mean eating this stuff is bad for you

A forum for our physically challenged members.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Ok people, settle down, Apparently, fast food can be rather bad for you.

Now, you might have heard this from the countless newspaper articles, the innumerable TV documentaries and the frankly hilarious lawsuits which have seen dozens of fat Europeans and Yanks trying to sue McDonald's because they look like hippos.

But now it's official, British medical journal 'The Lancet has just released its ground-breaking new study and - gasp! eating fast food more than twice a week can lead to weight problems and possibly even diabetes.

Quite why The Lancet is bothering to release this rather less then groundbreaking revelation now is a mystery.

For the simple truth is, If you still don't know that gorging yourself on McDonald's is a bad idea, then frankly another medical survey is the least of your worries. Why only hit on the Big Mac, surely there are many other fast foods and even stuffing yourself at home can do it too.

Smoking too many ciggies and drinking too much beer could result in you filing a compo claim, I would have started much younger".

Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

capt_buzzard wrote: But now it's official, British medical journal 'The Lancet has just released its ground-breaking new study and - gasp! eating fast food more than twice a week can lead to weight problems and possibly even diabetes.

Dang! The Lancet is so on top of things!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Paula

Post by Paula »

We all know what this food does to us, you just have to stop eating it! Diabetes is an all time high, too many over-weight people.
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

McDonald's new ad campaign: "ailing vomit."

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=lovin_it (This site holds no punches.)

Attached files
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

And another good read about McDonald's and their marketing evolution:

http://marketingplaybook.com/2004/06/20 ... eally.html
minks

Post by minks »

Tombstone wrote: And another good read about McDonald's and their marketing evolution:

http://marketingplaybook.com/2004/06/20 ... eally.html

Or check out the movie "super size it"

Yep why target MacDonalds, why not work on bloody education for the people instead. And teach them how to take responsibility for themselves.

MacDonalds is likely the target due to the fact they are a multi billion dollar corporation and they have $$ to give away. Yeah nice attitude, but joe general public really needs to get out of this I can sue everybody mode and start back at step one and take responsibility for themselves. Christ what are we a bunch of toddlers again and we need our hands held through life because we are too bloody stupid to think for our selves.

Oh sorry I rant but this is a huge pet peeve of mine.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
RedSoxFan

Post by RedSoxFan »

What makes me absolutely sick is, The people that sue fast food resturaunts. I understand some people have good resons to: cross contamination of foods and getting sick, etc. But there was this girl from NYC that sued McDonalds for McD's "causing me to be obese. And thier advertising they do Causes me to go there 2-3-4 times a day and try new things." "They just look so good on tv and it forces me to go and i cant control it." Thats the general jist of what her claim was. But this pig made me sick. McD's didnt cause you to be obese, you control what you eat. She also said "she knew it was bad for her but just couldnt stop going." I wonder if they make a anti-McDonalds chewing gum?
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
minks

Post by minks »

RedSoxFan wrote: What makes me absolutely sick is, The people that sue fast food resturaunts. I understand some people have good resons to: cross contamination of foods and getting sick, etc. But there was this girl from NYC that sued McDonalds for McD's "causing me to be obese. And thier advertising they do Causes me to go there 2-3-4 times a day and try new things." "They just look so good on tv and it forces me to go and i cant control it." Thats the general jist of what her claim was. But this pig made me sick. McD's didnt cause you to be obese, you control what you eat. She also said "she knew it was bad for her but just couldnt stop going." I wonder if they make a anti-McDonalds chewing gum?

I wonder if she would be bitching if we crammed physical exercise and gym commercials down her throat. Yep sounds like your typical cop out. (sorry LC no offence i just love that term too the point and accurate)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Hello people.. didn't you know that personal responsibility is dead in today's society. It is always someone else's fault that we are fat... oops.. obese, not to mention that being fat... ooops again.. large is now becoming socially accepted as the norm. And lets not forget that calling someone fat is now politically incorrect. We have a generation coming up that is loaded with couch potatoes that think that playing is using thier fingers on a game console.. actual exercise.. they have no idea. It is much easier to blame someone else for their own weakness and shortcomings..

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh.... rant over.....
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap

Return to “Physically Challenged”