respect for people with disabilitys

A forum for our physically challenged members.
thomas40

Post by thomas40 »

its importan tto have respect fro people with disabilits and not useing the m/r word as well. any more it is verry offensiv e.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hey Thomas--long time no see. I couldn't agree with you more.:-6
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

flopstock wrote: Is there a proper term anymore? Personally I prefer to just take someone at face value without having to decipher any label that others might care to apply.

:thinking:

Usually developmental disability, or learning disability or cognitive challenge works.

People works too.:wah: We are all just people..disabilities or not.

Floppy, check this thread I put up a while back.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

there is a blind guy that walks past my house every so often when he walked past i got off the pavement and stood on the grass very quietly so as i did not startle him i could not believe how he managed to find his way round the alley ways I've actually got lost walking back from the pub after a pint or two . the next time i saw him i walked up and said my name is Jim and here is my hand we shock hands and i asked if i could walk with him for i could not believe how you find your way around a massive smile lit up his face and he said ok but walk like i do with your eyes closed . so we linked arms and this brave brave wonderful person led me with my eyes closed round the alley ways explaining that he knew he was at a certain point because a dog barked etc when we got to the main road he laughed i said whats so funny he said i was nearly breaking his arm i was squeezing it so tight i was terrified but i kept my eyes closed and went home amazed at the courage of this guy, respect to this man he opened my eyes so to speak jimbo

Return to “Physically Challenged”