got Tympanitis

A forum for our physically challenged members.
ANITA0101

got Tympanitis

Post by ANITA0101 »

I have changed the nickname of my MSN for several times today. This obviously shows that my mood has been changed frequently today. I sadly got Tympanitis the week before last in Changsha when I was attending a conference. I went to the doctor after the accomplishment of that conference with a painful left ear.

What the doctor had done to me really scared me. He, a middle age man, gripped something really nasty from both of my ears.

He said: “it is very serious, you should come earlier."

"Really!"

I just couldn't believe my ear of what I have heard.

"Any solution, Doctor?"

"Please run quickly to the pharmacy and pay off the bill and then come back to do the test. I want to make sure my guess."

"Alright!"

Then I paid off the bill and had been back to the doctor.

“Why don't you speed up? The nurse will be off work in 10 minutes. Hurry up!"

"Oh" I hardly said a word.

I gave the paid bill to a nurse found in a washroom. Then she nicely led me to a dark room with an instrument which I guess it should be the test machine. The test had made my ear so painful and bleeding that I had promised me that I would never ever do this test agian.Thanks God, I got the test statement, returning it to the doctor and finally reached this diagnosis of Tympanitis.

My dear, what is Tympanitis then!

I have been through this disease named Tympanitis for two weeks. I can’t work because the ear pain is coming with the sore throat, so I canceled three days classes and made myself a good rest at home.

I was very happy to get back to the class on Thursday, last week. I could precisely figure out that the students needed me. Thus this really made me sure that I am still a valuable person.

The feeling is strange today. I stayed by myself at home doing works and readings, thinking of the reason all night, maybe it is simply because I am lonely and sick.

I realized how depressed a person could be when she was sick. What she wanted the most was to be recovered quickly while she desperately eventually found that none of others can help her except herself.

I lost most of my happiness when I found I can't freely enjoy music, movies, even news because the disease affects my ear and makes me down.

To make me cheerful, I decide to write down what I had thought rather than to talk with others. I still optimistically think that it is a good thing to write in English other than to listen and to speak while I am not able to understand clearly because of the lack of a good ability of audition.
chonsigirl

got Tympanitis

Post by chonsigirl »

I agree with Snooze, a second opinion always helps. Never let the students know you don't hear too well-I have 7th graders and never let them figure that out. I blame it on their accents! Works like a charm everytime. I am just at the point where I am borderline for hearing aids, too many ear infections as a child did it, swimmers ear infections and all. But it was a fun childhood anyway! As long as I can hear the music correctly, and that I have no problem with I will toddle along until I have to have them.
ANITA0101

got Tympanitis

Post by ANITA0101 »

chonsigirl wrote: I agree with Snooze, a second opinion always helps. Never let the students know you don't hear too well-I have 7th graders and never let them figure that out. I blame it on their accents! Works like a charm everytime. I am just at the point where I am borderline for hearing aids, too many ear infections as a child did it, swimmers ear infections and all. But it was a fun childhood anyway! As long as I can hear the music correctly, and that I have no problem with I will toddle along until I have to have them.

I went to another doctor and he ordered me some antibiotics and I had a nice wash of my ear by a pretty nurse.I am also a teacher,my students shared their ear infections experience with me and it does make me calm down.How cute they are!:guitarist

I am feeling better now, at least in mind.:p

Return to “Physically Challenged”